Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree43Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,479
2 Million Want A Mulligan: Brexit And Safety Valves




This is a continuation of the diary I wrote yesterday, UK wants a do over - and it could get it. In that diary I told about the petition for a 2nd referendum on Brexit, how it was doing (with updates) and a little bit of why. I am writing this in anticipation, and will publish when the signatures hit

2,000,000

One of the “benefits” to getting older is that I have to get up during the night. Last night (actually wee hours of the morning) I would check to see how the petition was progressing. Around 5:45am EDT the petition hit 1,000,000 signatories (Badlands noted it in the comments of the last diary.)

THE PETITION HAS NOW DRAWN 1 MILLION SIGNATURES IN LESS THAN 9 HOURS.

2 MILLION+ Want a Mulligan: Brexit and Safety Valves
Thanks from Twisted Sister
skews13 is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:39 PM   #2
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,922
An online petition without any verification is all it is. Some of my UK friends speculate it is mostly young people on the dole and immigrants, who can't vote anyway that are clicking away repeatedly at the petition website.
Thanks from roastpork, Sabcat and coke
RNG is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
An online petition without any verification is all it is. Some of my UK friends speculate it is mostly young people on the dole and immigrants, who can't vote anyway that are clicking away repeatedly at the petition website.
Why do I get the impression, after reading many different sources, that after the leavers get to think about it for a few days, and the markets open on Monday, that there will be 2nd thoughts on Thursdays vote?

And the voices in Scotland, and Ireland get louder?
Thanks from coke
skews13 is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #4
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Why do I get the impression, after reading many different sources, that after the leavers get to think about it for a few days, and the markets open on Monday, that there will be 2nd thoughts on Thursdays vote?

And the voices in Scotland, and Ireland get louder?
Because maybe your ideology is really a disease caused by you listening to voices in your head?
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Because maybe your ideology is really a disease caused by you listening to voices in your head?
Ideology is for idiots devoid of critical thinking skills.

Making them prone to kneejerk reactions.

Usually after being sold a ration of shit by a nationalist who harbors ill intent, based upon their ignorance, and ideology.

In this country we call them AM talk radio listeners.

Very easily led by the nose that crowd.
Thanks from coke
skews13 is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Ideology is for idiots devoid of critical thinking skills.

Making them prone to kneejerk reactions.

Usually after being sold a ration of shit by a nationalist who harbors ill intent, based upon their ignorance, and ideology.

In this country we call them AM talk radio listeners.

Very easily led by the nose that crowd.
That is a relief to hear. I am sure glad that Daily Kos is safe then. I would hate for it to push any agendas
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:33 PM   #7
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
The Brexit crowd won handily. Typical of Progressives, they lose, they want another shot at it.

Had the 'remain' crowd won do you think that there would be any chance of another referendum? The leftists would be crowing about the 'will of the people', and that the vote must be respected, stop being cry babies, you lost, live with it, etc., etc., etc.


Thanks from coke
excalibur is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:46 PM   #8
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Why do I get the impression, after reading many different sources, that after the leavers get to think about it for a few days, and the markets open on Monday, that there will be 2nd thoughts on Thursdays vote?

And the voices in Scotland, and Ireland get louder?
Maybe because you are under the impression that $2 trillion just disappeared the other day *shrug*
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:51 PM   #9
Banned
 
Toto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oz
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post



This is a continuation of the diary I wrote yesterday, UK wants a do over - and it could get it. In that diary I told about the petition for a 2nd referendum on Brexit, how it was doing (with updates) and a little bit of why. I am writing this in anticipation, and will publish when the signatures hit

2,000,000

One of the “benefits” to getting older is that I have to get up during the night. Last night (actually wee hours of the morning) I would check to see how the petition was progressing. Around 5:45am EDT the petition hit 1,000,000 signatories (Badlands noted it in the comments of the last diary.)

THE PETITION HAS NOW DRAWN 1 MILLION SIGNATURES IN LESS THAN 9 HOURS.

2 MILLION+ Want a Mulligan: Brexit and Safety Valves
Relax kid and do some research. The vote is not binding, the UK Gov is not bound to do it. They would be stupid NOT to do the will of the people but hey, we've been doing that for 7 years.
Thanks from coke
Toto2 is offline  
Old June 25th, 2016, 03:53 PM   #10
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Why do I get the impression, after reading many different sources, that after the leavers get to think about it for a few days, and the markets open on Monday, that there will be 2nd thoughts on Thursdays vote?

And the voices in Scotland, and Ireland get louder?
Again, the consensus of my Brit friends is that the Scots and the Irish use the dole more than the Brits. I don't know if that is just bitterness or what.

There is also a rich poor split with more poor saying leave and more rich saying stay according to them.

The other theme seems to be that industrial areas wanted to leave and financial areas wanted to stay. Them evil bankers again.
Thanks from Sabcat and coke
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
brexit, million, mulligan, safety, valves



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brexit Was The Result Of British Austerity Bred Extremism skews13 Current Events 9 June 26th, 2016 07:20 AM
Special Report on Brexit/Fantasy Meets Reality Toto2 Current Events 0 June 25th, 2016 12:53 PM
Brexit: A Revolt against the Cronyism of the Elites reason10 Current Events 1 June 25th, 2016 06:40 AM
After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for 'Texit' Sabcat Social Issues 3 June 24th, 2016 06:41 PM
One million people in Tennessee. 25 million nationwide. intangible child Current Events 20 July 13th, 2014 11:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.