Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By Sabcat
  • 1 Post By senor boogie woogie
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,913
If Clinton was You or Me, She’d “Be in Prison” — The Kaepernick Interview the Media i

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick, the quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, is quickly becoming the talk of the nation. However, more people are concentrating on the man’s seating preference over the truth he spoke defending that preference.
Yes, Kaepernick chose not to stand for the national anthem. So what?
Americans are more outraged over a single NFL player’s personal decision than they are about the criminal government who rules over them.

During an interview on Sunday, Kaepernick made a powerful point which has conveniently been ignored by the media as they use this incident to tug at partisan heart strings. Hillary Clinton is a psychopath criminal, who knowingly broke the law — and she is one of the choices for president of the United States.
When asked about whether or not the election year had anything to do with his choosing to remain seated for the national anthem, Kaepernick responded:
It wasn’t a timing thing, it wasn’t something that was planned. But I think the two presidential candidates that we currently have also represent the issues that we have in this country right now.

He then went on to shatter the paradigm of being forced into choosing the lesser of two evils by decrying both the political candidates, making the point that Hillary Clinton is a criminal.

You have Hillary who has called black teens or black kids super predators, you have Donald Trump who’s openly racist. We have a presidential candidate who has deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn’t make sense to me because if that was any other person you’d be in prison. So, what is this country really standing for?

Kaepernick pointing out the fact that Clinton should be in prison was conveniently ignored by corporate media. This statement does not fit into the US vs, THEM, left vs. right paradigm, therefore it couldn’t be used to push a political agenda. So, the media focused on Kaepernick’s supposed ‘unpatriotic behavior’ instead.
However, as we previously noted, standing up for the national anthem does nothing to protect freedom — standing up to the tyranny of the state does! So, if anyone is being ‘unpatriotic,’ it’s those who would attempt to silence a man for speaking out against obvious oppression and corruption.

Interestingly enough, as the Intercept pointed out Monday morning, the national anthem itself — literally celebrates the murder of African-Americans.

As Jon Schwarz points out, few people know this because we only ever sing the first verse. But read the end of the third verse and you’ll see why “The Star-Spangled Banner” is not just a musical atrocity, it’s an intellectual and moral one, too:
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Ah, but history is not convenient to those sworn to blind nationalism — no matter moral grounds.

anthem
As patriot wannabes burn jerseys and call for the boycott of the 49ers, the man they supposedly hate is the only one who actually cares enough about them to speak truth to power.

As everyone is up in arms about this professional athlete’s choice to sit, world war three is looming on the horizon.

As the infighting continues, banks are “preparing for an economic nuclear winter.”
While Americans argue over this non-issue, the country, as a whole, is being marched off a cliff by criminal sociopaths who care not about the large-scale murder of innocent children, so long as helps them maintain their control over you.
Bravo America. Bravo.

Read more at If Clinton was You or Me, She'd "Be in Prison" -- The Kaepernick Interview the Media is Ignoring

If Clinton was You or Me, She'd "Be in Prison" -- The Kaepernick Interview the Media is Ignoring


interview in the link
Thanks from caconservative

Last edited by Sabcat; August 29th, 2016 at 09:18 PM.
Sabcat is offline  
Old August 29th, 2016, 09:17 PM   #2
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,913
lets look at what he said again


Quote:
It wasn’t a timing thing, it wasn’t something that was planned. But I think the two presidential candidates that we currently have also represent the issues that we have in this country right now.
Read more at If Clinton was You or Me, She'd "Be in Prison" -- The Kaepernick Interview the Media is Ignoring

Quote:
You have Hillary who has called black teens or black kids super predators, you have Donald Trump who’s openly racist. We have a presidential candidate who has deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate. That doesn’t make sense to me because if that was any other person you’d be in prison. So, what is this country really standing for?
Read more at If Clinton was You or Me, She'd "Be in Prison" -- The Kaepernick Interview the Media is Ignoring
Sabcat is offline  
Old August 29th, 2016, 09:36 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,004
I may be unpopular for saying so, but I wish they would quit with the National Anthem and all the America worship at sporting events. Why do they do this? What is the point of it? Then there has to be some obnoxious singer doing the "Oh, say can you see..." song with the so annoying.."and the Land of the Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..." bit. If the sporting event is big enough and if the military can spare it, a couple of screaming ass loud F-15's booming overhead. Why do sporting events do this?

Most people would say "Because we love our country!" Well, Ok.... Have these people ever really thought about what they are saying? A country is basically a hunk of land carved out of the Earth, with artificial borders. It has a government, some better than others, and a few which are arguably pretty damn horrible. Countries have a flag, laws, traditions, etc. Why LOVE this? I love my wife, I love my parents, I would love my children if I had any. But LOVE a country? That's stupid.

A country is the government and the government is the country. You cannot say "i love my country and hate my government." Well, how do you think the country you love stays together? The troops are protecting our freedom? Ok, how does the American military overseas in the Middle East bombing the hell out of other nations for oil, resources and corporations give me freedom? Freedom for what? The USA has the highest per capita incarceration rate on Earth, a lot from drug addicts who have checked out from reality because "freedom" is so wonderful here.

Lots of very repressive nations are very patriotic. North Korea comes to mind. Adolf Hitler was very patriotic and 'loved' Germany, almost to death as it turns out, with millions of patriotic Germans getting killed because of "love of country". Nations seperate and divide peoples. There is so much FEAR about just letting all the countries go by the wayside and having a real World government. Much rather would have divisions and wars.

People are so pissed off, so up in arms because Colin Kaepernick decided to sit on his brown ass during the singing of the song. I say, who cares. Why don't we start caring about again, of why the USA has such a high incarceration rate. Why is it so patriotic to have such a corrupt and repressive government. Or a media who doesn't report the news correctly and throws up non issues like this instead of what is really important.
Thanks from Sabcat
senor boogie woogie is offline  
Old August 29th, 2016, 11:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
I may be unpopular for saying so, but I wish they would quit with the National Anthem and all the America worship at sporting events. Why do they do this? What is the point of it? Then there has to be some obnoxious singer doing the "Oh, say can you see..." song with the so annoying.."and the Land of the Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..." bit. If the sporting event is big enough and if the military can spare it, a couple of screaming ass loud F-15's booming overhead. Why do sporting events do this?

Most people would say "Because we love our country!" Well, Ok.... Have these people ever really thought about what they are saying? A country is basically a hunk of land carved out of the Earth, with artificial borders. It has a government, some better than others, and a few which are arguably pretty damn horrible. Countries have a flag, laws, traditions, etc. Why LOVE this? I love my wife, I love my parents, I would love my children if I had any. But LOVE a country? That's stupid.

A country is the government and the government is the country. You cannot say "i love my country and hate my government." Well, how do you think the country you love stays together? The troops are protecting our freedom? Ok, how does the American military overseas in the Middle East bombing the hell out of other nations for oil, resources and corporations give me freedom? Freedom for what? The USA has the highest per capita incarceration rate on Earth, a lot from drug addicts who have checked out from reality because "freedom" is so wonderful here.

Lots of very repressive nations are very patriotic. North Korea comes to mind. Adolf Hitler was very patriotic and 'loved' Germany, almost to death as it turns out, with millions of patriotic Germans getting killed because of "love of country". Nations seperate and divide peoples. There is so much FEAR about just letting all the countries go by the wayside and having a real World government. Much rather would have divisions and wars.

People are so pissed off, so up in arms because Colin Kaepernick decided to sit on his brown ass during the singing of the song. I say, who cares. Why don't we start caring about again, of why the USA has such a high incarceration rate. Why is it so patriotic to have such a corrupt and repressive government . Or a media who doesn't report the news correctly and throws up non issues like this instead of what is really important.
i was going to leave this post alone, until i came to the last bit.

- corrupt and repressive government -

sorry, but no. at no level is your government either corrupt or oppressive in any serious way. there might be individuals who are but the institutions and culture are not. they are transparent and balanced and fair and your freedoms are maintained and guaranteed by any objective reckoning, and in particular in comparison to any other nation, current or historical. life might not be perfect, but thats not because your government is corrupt or repressive. iran, north korea, china, saudi arabia, russia, thats corruption and oppression. you dont come close.
hot dragon is offline  
Old August 30th, 2016, 04:29 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,389
...
Hollywood is offline  
Old August 30th, 2016, 08:35 AM   #6
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
i was going to leave this post alone, until i came to the last bit.

- corrupt and repressive government -

sorry, but no. at no level is your government either corrupt or oppressive in any serious way. there might be individuals who are but the institutions and culture are not. they are transparent and balanced and fair and your freedoms are maintained and guaranteed by any objective reckoning, and in particular in comparison to any other nation, current or historical. life might not be perfect, but thats not because your government is corrupt or repressive. iran, north korea, china, saudi arabia, russia, thats corruption and oppression. you dont come close.
I have to disagree with your criteria. Just because it might appear to be better than the nations you mentioned does not mean it has not became more oppressive. We can no longer collect rain water on our own property. That means your little gold fish pond you put in the back yard is illegal. That is just one example. This nation has definitely became more oppressive. Just because it is still the most free does not mean it has not became more oppressive. We have attacks on free speech by the regressive left and the Democrats. We have had serious attacks on peoples right to choose who they are married to, which was defeated. But, we still have a system that condones the state deciding who and when and where you may marry. So, no we have a lot of work to do to actually restore many lost freedoms. It can be done, but it will not be done if we continue to attempt to embrace Marxism through attacks on free speech and cults like feminism.
coke is offline  
Old August 30th, 2016, 09:48 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
I may be unpopular for saying so, but I wish they would quit with the National Anthem and all the America worship at sporting events. Why do they do this? What is the point of it? Then there has to be some obnoxious singer doing the "Oh, say can you see..." song with the so annoying.."and the Land of the Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..." bit. If the sporting event is big enough and if the military can spare it, a couple of screaming ass loud F-15's booming overhead. Why do sporting events do this?

Most people would say "Because we love our country!" Well, Ok.... Have these people ever really thought about what they are saying? A country is basically a hunk of land carved out of the Earth, with artificial borders. It has a government, some better than others, and a few which are arguably pretty damn horrible. Countries have a flag, laws, traditions, etc. Why LOVE this? I love my wife, I love my parents, I would love my children if I had any. But LOVE a country? That's stupid.

A country is the government and the government is the country. You cannot say "i love my country and hate my government." Well, how do you think the country you love stays together? The troops are protecting our freedom? Ok, how does the American military overseas in the Middle East bombing the hell out of other nations for oil, resources and corporations give me freedom? Freedom for what? The USA has the highest per capita incarceration rate on Earth, a lot from drug addicts who have checked out from reality because "freedom" is so wonderful here.
Lots of very repressive nations are very patriotic. North Korea comes to mind. Adolf Hitler was very patriotic and 'loved' Germany, almost to death as it turns out, with millions of patriotic Germans getting killed because of "love of country". Nations seperate and divide peoples. There is so much FEAR about just letting all the countries go by the wayside and having a real World government. Much rather would have divisions and wars.

People are so pissed off, so up in arms because Colin Kaepernick decided to sit on his brown ass during the singing of the song. I say, who cares. Why don't we start caring about again, of why the USA has such a high incarceration rate. Why is it so patriotic to have such a corrupt and repressive government. Or a media who doesn't report the news correctly and throws up non issues like this instead of what is really important.


You are not the only one who has questioned the singing of the national anthem at our sporting events. It's been discussed for years and the discussion even includes changing our national anthem, but I'd like to give you my 2 cents.
Singing the National Anthem at sporting events is a tradition that started in the early years of the 20th century at a baseball game. There's some argument about WHICH baseball game, which year and why, but usually it's believed that the U.S. was at war and this song brought us together and reminded us of our long-fought lust for freedom--how many have died so we MAY sing our anthem--together.
Is it necessary? Maybe not, but in singing it we celebrate the great opportunities and freedoms that this country gives us and by singing the National Anthem acknowledge the greatness of our country. It's an opportunity to show a sense of pride and unity. It has become an American tradition like many of our other traditions. We want our children to know the Pledge of Allegiance and songs about our country because these traditions are part of WHO WE are and where we came from. WE honor many other traditions which help tether us to our family and place of origin, giving us a sense of security and continuity from one year to the next. Often, this includes religious traditions including holidays, rituals, rites of passage and values.
I don't know about you, but when I see our Olympic athletes on the platform with tears pouring down their faces DURING OUR NATIONAL anthem, I too am moved to tears.
Standing, removing your hat and placing your hand on your heart during our anthem is a tradition that should continue. We are showing respect for countless veterans, current military and all those who did not come home. I'm betting THEIR families appreciate the honor and respect we show by standing and singing the Star Spangled Banner.
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
clinton, interview, kaepernick, media, prison”, she’d, “be



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Read on Colin Kaepernick Patriot66 Current Events 9 August 30th, 2016 08:32 AM
Interview with Wikileaks’ Julian Assange – Hillary Clinton Expands the Overton Window Sabcat Current Events 16 July 28th, 2016 03:30 PM
The Media Owe Hillary Clinton An Apology For Bogus Email Scandal skews13 Americas 36 September 15th, 2015 09:57 AM
Beltway Media Heathers Whine Hillary Clinton Is Ignoring Them skews13 Current Events 11 May 12th, 2015 12:49 PM
The media tried to turn the Clinton story into Camelot II intangible child Conspiracy Theories 5 February 11th, 2014 09:39 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.