Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:43 PM   #1
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,850
REP - No Emergency Zika Funding, Yes To Israel funding

Republicans won't pass a clean emergency Zika funding bill to keep Americans safe but push for an "emergency" $1.5 billion Israel funding bill to score cheap political points. These people have no business in government.

Quote:


GOP senators want more money for Israel

Senate Republicans are pushing for extra money for Israel over lingering concerns about the Iran nuclear deal.

GOP Sens. Lindsey Graham (S.C.), John McCain (Ariz.), Mark Kirk (Ill.), Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) Marco Rubio (Fla.), Roy Blunt (Mo.) and Ted Cruz (Texas), several of whom are up for reelection in November, introduced a $1.5 billion emergency spending bill on Tuedsay.

GOP senators want more money for Israel | TheHill
Camelot is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:48 PM   #2
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,623
The democrats blocked the Zika funding. Take it up with them.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,259
Zika is a third world problem. (who cares if there babies have small heads)Its not our problem. It aint worth spending our money on.
jetson is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 06:05 PM   #4
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson View Post
Zika is a third world problem. (who cares if there babies have small heads)Its not our problem. It aint worth spending our money on.
Zika has arrived on our southern shores. I guess Republicans care more about kissing Israel's ass then they do heading off a potential Zika epidemic at home.
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 06:25 PM   #5
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,281
Yeah, those PP riders have a lot to do with Zika. Republican science in action.
RNG is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 06:28 PM   #6
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Yeah, those PP riders have a lot to do with Zika. Republican science in action.
Yeah, those PP riders have a lot to do with Zika. Democrat blocking Zika funding in action.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 20th, 2016, 06:59 PM   #7
Putin approves
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 18,896
The zika "issue" is another media hyped BS scare tactic. I don't think piles of tax dollars should be poured on it but then again screw giving Israel any more for its war chest. Let them fuckers over there pay for and fight their own wars. so IMO trying to draw a parallel between giving money to big pharma or Israel I would say is a bunch of crap. I say fuck em both and use that money to pay down the debt.
Sabcat is online now  
Old September 21st, 2016, 06:13 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Republicans won't pass a clean emergency Zika funding bill to keep Americans safe but push for an "emergency" $1.5 billion Israel funding bill to score cheap political points. These people have no business in government.



GOP senators want more money for Israel | TheHill


Believe it or not this Israel funding is one of the few things we might call bi-partisan. Obama has leaned Right on this one and even though he probably can't tolerate Bibi, he will stand behind the GOP initiative. Apparently the dollars will be spent on US military equipment and in essence a form of economic stimulation/subsidy. It cements our relationship with Israel.....don't ask me why we care, but we do. It certainly pleases the pro-Israel lobby/voters. And military assistance in the form of money can be seen as an alternative to a military base in that the US can rely on Israel to act as one if needed without a base actually needed in Israel.
Having said all that....I cannot forgive Bibi's disrespect for our president and I don't trust him. The GOP and the senator from Israel can't be trusted. They are still ranting about the Iran deal and it probably IRKS the heck out of them that 1) It happened--another atta boy for Barack and 2) that so far the Iran deal seems to be working.
But there's a certain quirkiness to our relationship with Israel. Israel has universal health care, and Israeli children's dental care is also paid for with public money. Additionally, they provide government sponsored daycare centers.
If these things were proposed in the US, many people, particularly Republicans (who emphatically support sending aid to Israel), would object that we cannot afford them. If Israel can afford them, why do they need us to give them money? We're essentially helping pay for universal health care in Israel, but not providing it in our own country.
Just another one of life's mysteries.
Clara007 is offline  
Old September 21st, 2016, 06:31 AM   #9
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,623
Believe it or not, Israel is a nation-state without a written constitution. This allows Israel to pass a law to create national healthcare program.

Believe it or not, the US is not a nation-state and has a written constitution that does not grant the federal government the power to create a national healthcare system.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 21st, 2016, 06:37 AM   #10
Putin approves
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 18,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Believe it or not this Israel funding is one of the few things we might call bi-partisan. Obama has leaned Right on this one and even though he probably can't tolerate Bibi, he will stand behind the GOP initiative. Apparently the dollars will be spent on US military equipment and in essence a form of economic stimulation/subsidy. It cements our relationship with Israel.....don't ask me why we care, but we do. It certainly pleases the pro-Israel lobby/voters. And military assistance in the form of money can be seen as an alternative to a military base in that the US can rely on Israel to act as one if needed without a base actually needed in Israel.
Having said all that....I cannot forgive Bibi's disrespect for our president and I don't trust him. The GOP and the senator from Israel can't be trusted. They are still ranting about the Iran deal and it probably IRKS the heck out of them that 1) It happened--another atta boy for Barack and 2) that so far the Iran deal seems to be working.
But there's a certain quirkiness to our relationship with Israel. Israel has universal health care, and Israeli children's dental care is also paid for with public money. Additionally, they provide government sponsored daycare centers.
If these things were proposed in the US, many people, particularly Republicans (who emphatically support sending aid to Israel), would object that we cannot afford them. If Israel can afford them, why do they need us to give them money? We're essentially helping pay for universal health care in Israel, but not providing it in our own country.
Just another one of life's mysteries.

maybe if Canada would give us 3 billion a year we could swing that stuff here too
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
emergency, funding, israel, rep, zika



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US budget caps could complicate Israel's missile funding request imaginethat Current Events 4 March 5th, 2015 11:36 AM
Letter from the President -- Designation as Emergency Requirements All Funding so Des The White House The White House 0 December 17th, 2014 06:23 AM
FACT SHEET: Emergency Funding Request to Enhance the U.S. Government’s Response to Eb The White House The White House 0 November 5th, 2014 01:20 PM
Funding The Enemy? Danjb25 Current Events 3 May 23rd, 2012 02:42 AM
War Funding Zack Warfare 11 May 27th, 2008 09:12 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.