Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree101Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:03 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,960
Is Everybody Else As Dead Set As I Am?

I can't believe there is still a month to go before the election.

I'm so sick of all the rhetoric - back and forth fighting - hateful and nasty comments from everybody and their Aunt Sally.

I'm dead set in my opinion - can't imagine anything changing my mind, except the death of Secretary Clinton that would change my mind. I still wouldn't vote for Mr. Trump, but I'd change my vote from Clinton to whomever the Party put up in her place (I presume Senator Sanders, who I voted for in the primary anyway).

Is everybody else also dead set and not about to change their minds and just going through the motions 'discussing' this election?

Or does anybody think they could actually be swayed by something the other candidate could do/say that would change your mind?
Thanks from Daws77
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:17 AM   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: ohio
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I can't believe there is still a month to go before the election.

I'm so sick of all the rhetoric - back and forth fighting - hateful and nasty comments from everybody and their Aunt Sally.

I'm dead set in my opinion - can't imagine anything changing my mind, except the death of Secretary Clinton that would change my mind. I still wouldn't vote for Mr. Trump, but I'd change my vote from Clinton to whomever the Party put up in her place (I presume Senator Sanders, who I voted for in the primary anyway).

Is everybody else also dead set and not about to change their minds and just going through the motions 'discussing' this election?

Or does anybody think they could actually be swayed by something the other candidate could do/say that would change your mind?
I too am set, nothing could get me to vote for Hillary. I have very strong opinions about the State of our country based on politicians lack of substance! It is strange though that I believe the people who claim to be conservative are to liberal, and you seem to believe that liberals are too conservative .

Last edited by Patriot66; October 6th, 2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: content
Patriot66 is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,386
Me too.....I am going to hold my nose and vote for Trump.....Hilly had her chance as Sec. of State and failed....The entire Democrat Party has been hijacked by people who want to redistribute wealth and over the last 8 years their economic policies have devastated the economy....I hope to God that a Trump Administration is going to investigate, indict and convict all these perpetrators who have co-opted the IRS, FBI and EPA....right on up to Obama....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:16 AM   #4
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I can't believe there is still a month to go before the election.

I'm so sick of all the rhetoric - back and forth fighting - hateful and nasty comments from everybody and their Aunt Sally.

I'm dead set in my opinion - can't imagine anything changing my mind, except the death of Secretary Clinton that would change my mind. I still wouldn't vote for Mr. Trump, but I'd change my vote from Clinton to whomever the Party put up in her place (I presume Senator Sanders, who I voted for in the primary anyway).

Is everybody else also dead set and not about to change their minds and just going through the motions 'discussing' this election?

Or does anybody think they could actually be swayed by something the other candidate could do/say that would change your mind?
trump could die, or get caught in a public restroom.
Thanks from pensacola_niceman
Daws77 is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
trump could die, or get caught in a public restroom.
seriously?

you would change your vote because of a sex scandal?

but a serial committer of marriage doesn't offend you enough to do it?
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot66 View Post
I too am set, nothing could get me to vote for Hillary. I have very strong opinions about the State of our country based on politicians lack of substance! It is strange though that I believe the people who claim to be conservative are to liberal, and you seem to believe that liberals are too conservative .
I don't kid myself...Secretary Clinton is no liberal.

But she does support quite a lot of things that I support - and Mr. Trump advocates things that I am absolutely against.

So, for me, there's no contest.

True, I would prefer somebody more liberal (as I mentioned, I voted for Senator Sanders in the primary), but Secretary Clinton is okay with me.
Thanks from GhostRider
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 12:05 PM   #7
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
seriously?

you would change your vote because of a sex scandal?

but a serial committer of marriage doesn't offend you enough to do it?
it's called a joke... ease up.
Daws77 is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 12:55 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,960
oh - I didn't get the humor

sorry
Thanks from Daws77
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
You create this, I could give a fuck less who you have sex with! STOP IT< IF YOUR HAPPY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I can't believe there is still a month to go before the election.

I'm so sick of all the rhetoric - back and forth fighting - hateful and nasty comments from everybody and their Aunt Sally.

I'm dead set in my opinion - can't imagine anything changing my mind, except the death of Secretary Clinton that would change my mind. I still wouldn't vote for Mr. Trump, but I'd change my vote from Clinton to whomever the Party put up in her place (I presume Senator Sanders, who I voted for in the primary anyway).

Is everybody else also dead set and not about to change their minds and just going through the motions 'discussing' this election?

Or does anybody think they could actually be swayed by something the other candidate could do/say that would change your mind?
intangible child is offline  
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:00 PM   #10
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,540
This is just the 5th inning of a nine inning game. We haven't even brought out the big bats yet. By the time we are done with the unbalanced Trump and his deplorable supporters, they will be walking around shell shocked and claiming that "strong people" can indeed experience PTSD despite what their leader says......LOL

Last edited by Camelot; October 6th, 2016 at 02:28 PM.
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
dead, set



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The GOP is DEAD LongWinded Current Events 5 April 25th, 2015 04:28 PM
55 Million Dead excalibur Abortion 75 June 29th, 2014 08:50 AM
ONLY THE DEAD have seen the end to war.. falcondule Warfare 7 August 4th, 2013 09:54 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.