Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree152Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:02 AM   #61
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
Now this leads to a great campaign slogan for the right wing.

"We're not as bad as we pretend our opponent is!".



what would be clintons side of that observation be?

it seems as if their entire campaign has been attack.
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:14 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot66 View Post
There was nothing until God created, so I say you are wrong.
However, let's say you are right (not) where do morals come from, how do they exist, how do we know what Truth is!
Morals don't exist separately from humans just like the rules of chess did not exist before humans developed them.

We know what Truth is by observation. See an apple fall out a tree enough times and you know the truth that things fall down, not up.

Morality does not exist because some god decreed them but because humans, over thousands of years, have observed what makes a society healthy and happy for the vast majority. We haven't always gotten it right but we rarely go from good to bad. Slavery used to be the norm and now it is the exception. That isn't because some god told us that (in fact the Christian Bible condones slavery)

I don't understand this need to treat morality different than other fields of human knowledge. Why does anyone think that the rules of morality wer created for us (or even why they would need to be created by some "god"). We didn't need a god to create the rules of chess.
Thanks from GhostRider and Daws77
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:33 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
Now this leads to a great campaign slogan for the right wing.

"We're not as bad as we pretend our opponent is!".




Here we go with the abortion thing again and again. "Hillary is a murderer. Hillary is a baby killer."BLAH BLAH.
Donald may be a LOT of things, but according to the RIGHT he's NOT a killer--he doesn't KILL BABIES, when the truth is that Trump has changed his stance on abortion five times in one week. WE have NO IDEA what Trump thinks about 'baby-killing' because he himself doesn't know....AND we have no idea how many of his mistresses/wives/daughters/one-night-stands have actually HAD abortions. In 1999 Trump appeared in an interview with Tim Russert. He is quoted as saying "I'm PRO-CHOICE". Russert clarifies his original point: Would you ban partial-birth abortion? “No,” Trump replies.
In 2011 Trump changed his stance. He is quoted as saying: "I am pro-life". Shortly after announcing his candidacy, Trump appeared on CNN in an interview with Jake Tapper. He got a little tripped up.
TAPPER: Let me ask you about a few social issues because they haven’t been issues you have been talking about for several years. I know you’re opposed to abortion.

TRUMP: Right. I’m pro-choice.

TAPPER: You’re pro-choice or pro-life?

TRUMP: I’m pro-life. I’m sorry.

March 30, 2016, 3:30 p.m. "I am pro-life WITH exceptions."

OY VEY!!! PEOPLE. WAKE. UP. This man is NOT a conservative. He's NOT a true Christian. He has NO idea where he stands on ABORTION.

And let's get one more thing straight....and this seems to allude the RIGHT. WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHER? HER HEALTH? HER RIGHTS? HER CHOICE?
Thanks from catus felis, GhostRider and Daws77
Clara007 is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:24 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,802
The Washington Post's hit team of 20 are working diligently to smear Trump in an all out effort to move the issues from Hillary's criminal activity to that of a soap-opera. And of course, the Leftwing news media is fallowing suit. This tactic has worked well in the past for the Clinton's and seems to working today on the gullible-sheeple that are Hillary's base.
caconservative is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:26 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Here we go with the abortion thing again and again. "Hillary is a murderer. Hillary is a baby killer."BLAH BLAH.
Donald may be a LOT of things, but according to the RIGHT he's NOT a killer--he doesn't KILL BABIES, when the truth is that Trump has changed his stance on abortion five times in one week. WE have NO IDEA what Trump thinks about 'baby-killing' because he himself doesn't know....AND we have no idea how many of his mistresses/wives/daughters/one-night-stands have actually HAD abortions. In 1999 Trump appeared in an interview with Tim Russert. He is quoted as saying "I'm PRO-CHOICE". Russert clarifies his original point: Would you ban partial-birth abortion? ďNo,Ē Trump replies.
In 2011 Trump changed his stance. He is quoted as saying: "I am pro-life". Shortly after announcing his candidacy, Trump appeared on CNN in an interview with Jake Tapper. He got a little tripped up.
TAPPER: Let me ask you about a few social issues because they havenít been issues you have been talking about for several years. I know youíre opposed to abortion.

TRUMP: Right. Iím pro-choice.

TAPPER: Youíre pro-choice or pro-life?

TRUMP: Iím pro-life. Iím sorry.

March 30, 2016, 3:30 p.m. "I am pro-life WITH exceptions."

OY VEY!!! PEOPLE. WAKE. UP. This man is NOT a conservative. He's NOT a true Christian. He has NO idea where he stands on ABORTION.

And let's get one more thing straight....and this seems to allude the RIGHT. WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHER? HER HEALTH? HER RIGHTS? HER CHOICE?
Didn't he just tell you were he stands on abortion? "Pro-life" with "exceptions"! We understood it, why didn't you?
caconservative is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:27 PM   #66
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Here we go with the abortion thing again and again. "Hillary is a murderer. Hillary is a baby killer."BLAH BLAH.
Donald may be a LOT of things, but according to the RIGHT he's NOT a killer--he doesn't KILL BABIES, when the truth is that Trump has changed his stance on abortion five times in one week. WE have NO IDEA what Trump thinks about 'baby-killing' because he himself doesn't know....AND we have no idea how many of his mistresses/wives/daughters/one-night-stands have actually HAD abortions. In 1999 Trump appeared in an interview with Tim Russert. He is quoted as saying "I'm PRO-CHOICE". Russert clarifies his original point: Would you ban partial-birth abortion? ďNo,Ē Trump replies.
In 2011 Trump changed his stance. He is quoted as saying: "I am pro-life". Shortly after announcing his candidacy, Trump appeared on CNN in an interview with Jake Tapper. He got a little tripped up.
TAPPER: Let me ask you about a few social issues because they havenít been issues you have been talking about for several years. I know youíre opposed to abortion.

TRUMP: Right. Iím pro-choice.

TAPPER: Youíre pro-choice or pro-life?

TRUMP: Iím pro-life. Iím sorry.

March 30, 2016, 3:30 p.m. "I am pro-life WITH exceptions."

OY VEY!!! PEOPLE. WAKE. UP. This man is NOT a conservative. He's NOT a true Christian. He has NO idea where he stands on ABORTION.

And let's get one more thing straight....and this seems to allude the RIGHT. WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHER? HER HEALTH? HER RIGHTS? HER CHOICE?
what?
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:32 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Morals don't exist separately from humans just like the rules of chess did not exist before humans developed them.

We know what Truth is by observation. See an apple fall out a tree enough times and you know the truth that things fall down, not up.

Morality does not exist because some god decreed them but because humans, over thousands of years, have observed what makes a society healthy and happy for the vast majority. We haven't always gotten it right but we rarely go from good to bad. Slavery used to be the norm and now it is the exception. That isn't because some god told us that (in fact the Christian Bible condones slavery)

I don't understand this need to treat morality different than other fields of human knowledge. Why does anyone think that the rules of morality wer created for us (or even why they would need to be created by some "god"). We didn't need a god to create the rules of chess.
Nor do we need a Supreme Court telling a sovereign state what their moral choices should be.
Thanks from Jimmyb
caconservative is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I can honestly say that of all the Christians I know from both the right and left, the Christians who are more Christian like and have the higher morals are those who are politically left. These holier than thou fake Christians like patriot and all these other haters from the right prove my point every day.
I believe he asked to prove any of his statements wrong. All you did was state your own set of ridiculous views.
Thanks from Sabcat
caconservative is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:38 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daws77 View Post
He already has .
Here's where you magically become brain dead.
Still fallowing the Judas-goat?
Thanks from Jimmyb
caconservative is offline  
Old October 12th, 2016, 12:38 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Nor do we need a Supreme Court telling a sovereign state what their moral choices should be.
The biggest statist of them all, Alexander Hamilton, said it best in Federalist No. 78:
Whoever attentively considers the different departments of power must perceive, that, in a government in which they are separated from each other, the judiciary, from the nature of its functions, will always be the least dangerous to the political rights of the Constitution; because it will be least in a capacity to annoy or injure them. The Executive not only dispenses the honors, but holds the sword of the community. The legislature not only commands the purse, but prescribes the rules by which the duties and rights of every citizen are to be regulated. The judiciary, on the contrary, has no influence over either the sword or the purse; no direction either of the strength or of the wealth of the society; and can take no active resolution whatever. It may truly be said to have neither FORCE nor WILL, but merely judgment; and must ultimately depend upon the aid of the executive arm even for the efficacy of its judgments.
Thanks from caconservative
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
audio, perfect, response, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump audio fall out and Gary Johnson coke Politicians 19 October 8th, 2016 02:45 PM
The Trump Response! coke Current Events 0 August 2nd, 2016 08:21 PM
Texas Paramedic Has Perfect Response to Conservatives LongWinded Current Events 24 August 7th, 2015 02:26 PM
Audio books kowalskil Books and Literature 1 October 3rd, 2014 09:09 AM
Charlie Crist Delivers Perfect Response To Rick Scott On Climate Change LongWinded Current Events 1 July 26th, 2014 04:05 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.