Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree84Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2017, 06:53 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The Statue of Liberty was intended for Egypt, the woman depicted is an Egyptian peasant, and the poem you quoted is about Jews in Russia and the Jewish refugees fleeing Russia.

Your history of immigration is in conflict with history.
Please provide your source for those alternative facts.

Regardless, none of your allegations makes a dime's worth of difference.

Generations of Americans grew up revering and taking pride in the gift of the Statue of Liberty. For millions of Americas, their first view of America was the Statue of Liberty.

No other structure exceeds the Statue of Liberty as a symbol of America, a symbol of Freedom itself.
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 08:06 AM   #22
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The Statue of Liberty was intended for Egypt, the woman depicted is an Egyptian peasant, and the poem you quoted is about Jews in Russia and the Jewish refugees fleeing Russia.

Your history of immigration is in conflict with history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Please provide your source for those alternative facts.

Regardless, none of your allegations makes a dime's worth of difference.

Generations of Americans grew up revering and taking pride in the gift of the Statue of Liberty. For millions of Americas, their first view of America was the Statue of Liberty.

No other structure exceeds the Statue of Liberty as a symbol of America, a symbol of Freedom itself.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...y2INqvDMGVgetg

The Statue of Liberty Was Originally a Muslim Woman | Smart News | Smithsonian
coke is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 08:53 AM   #23
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Please provide your source for those alternative facts.

Regardless, none of your allegations makes a dime's worth of difference.

Generations of Americans grew up revering and taking pride in the gift of the Statue of Liberty. For millions of Americas, their first view of America was the Statue of Liberty.

No other structure exceeds the Statue of Liberty as a symbol of America, a symbol of Freedom itself.
That is fine if fake history is your thing.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:02 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Polari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Britton, SD
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
That is fine if fake history is your thing.
...So now we have fake history and alternative facts, tell me again what good education is, lmfao...
Polari is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:12 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
That is fine if fake history is your thing.
Right now, the fake history is yours. Substantiate your claims. (This should be good.)
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:18 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,917
No, the actual statue standing on Ellis Island was not originally intended to represent a female Egyptian peasant as a Colossus of Rhodes for the Industrial Age.

An idea for such a statue was proposed but never came to fruition. No work was done, no statue sitting on a shelf somewhere with nowhere to go.

The statue on Ellis Island was intended to be the Statue of Liberty, revisionism aside.
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:25 AM   #27
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polari View Post
...So now we have fake history and alternative facts, tell me again what good education is, lmfao...
Education is good. Anyone can become educated formally or by autodidactic method. The problem with autodidactic is not knowing what one does not know or how to find orginal source documentation. That can be overcome with advice.

It is surprising what someone can learn by vetting an opinion or news with a search for orginal source documents. What is not education are opinions at face value. Visit any website, left or right, regarding politics or attached ancillary subjects such as history or law, and one will be greeted with lies, misrepresentations, etc. That is the crossroad: if the opinion fits one's worldview and ideology is dominate over intellectual honesty, that the end. That is one fork. The other is to vet. To paraphrase Hemingway: knowledge is the ability to accept or reject what is being presented as knowledge.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:30 AM   #28
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No, the actual statue standing on Ellis Island was not originally intended to represent a female Egyptian peasant as a Colossus of Rhodes for the Industrial Age.

An idea for such a statue was proposed but never came to fruition. No work was done, no statue sitting on a shelf somewhere with nowhere to go.

The statue on Ellis Island was intended to be the Statue of Liberty, revisionism aside.
That is interesting considering the statue is depicting and dressed as a fellah.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:33 AM   #29
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Right now, the fake history is yours. Substantiate your claims. (This should be good.)

Neither “The New Colossus” nor the Statue of Liberty were intended to be beacons of immigration. The poem was not about immigration; Lazarus wrote the poem about the Jews in Russia and the Jewish refugees fleeing Russia. The poem was written to raise money for the Statue of Liberty, not to be part of the Statue of Liberty. Bartholdi would be rolling over in his grave regarding the Statue of Liberty being used for immigration. The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of "Liberty Enlightening the World." Bartholdi designed it to stand over the Suez Canal in Egypt as a lighthouse, thus the depiction of a fellah. It was still intended to be a lighthouse in New York on Bedloe’s Island. It was never able to produce adequate light and the island is too far inland for a lighthouse.

The poem by Lazarus was submitted by one of her friends after her death, and the poem and the Statue of Liberty have taken on lives of their own that neither Lazarus nor Bartholdi intended.
Thanks from caconservative
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:40 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Polari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Britton, SD
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Education is good. Anyone can become educated formally or by autodidactic method. The problem with autodidactic is not knowing what one does not know or how to find orginal source documentation. That can be overcome with advice.

It is surprising what someone can learn by vetting an opinion or news with a search for orginal source documents. What is not education are opinions at face value. Visit any website, left or right, regarding politics or attached ancillary subjects such as history or law, and one will be greeted with lies, misrepresentations, etc. That is the crossroad: if the opinion fits one's worldview and ideology is dominate over intellectual honesty, that the end. That is one fork. The other is to vet. To paraphrase Hemingway: knowledge is the ability to accept or reject what is being presented as knowledge.
...Isn't it great we elected a president who is able to vet knowledge with fake history and alternative facts?...
Thanks from Jimmyb
Polari is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.