Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree84Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:11 AM   #61
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,980
Wow how inconvenient that the goddess Libertas was actually a symbol of freedom to our colonial ancestors, like Thomas Paine who referenced her in his poem, the "Liberty Tree". This was long before it was created and sent here.
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #62
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,980
Oh and of course Bartholdi was a Freemason!
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #63
Effin hippie
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 51,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
They have the same clothes and headdress as the Arab woman depicted by the Statue of Liberty.
No they don't. The fellah definitely has a waist gathering. The SOL does not.

Give it up. You're wrong.
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:14 AM   #64
Effin hippie
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 51,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Gotta love Wikipedia history. It is always good for a laugh.
Gotta love Jimmy's elitism and narcissism. Always good for a laugh.
Thanks from waitingtables and Daws77
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #65
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No they don't. The fellah definitely has a waist gathering. The SOL does not.

Give it up. You're wrong.
He knows he's wrong. His goal is to foment lies and cast misinformation out onto the waters to be gulped down by all those little mindless idiots who can't wait to get their daily dose of divisive hate and disunifying bias.
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #66
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,201
How inconvenient that the statue based on Libertas was created for Port Said in Egypt and the only reason it ended up in the US was because of the end of the Civil War's impact on cotton.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:19 AM   #67
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,980
Lol not at all inconvenient, just stupid and incorrect.
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:20 AM   #68
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,980
And indeed at least you have admitted that the statue was based on the ROman goddess Libertas! As in fact it was.
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:23 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 8,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
How inconvenient that the statue based on Libertas was created for Port Said in Egypt and the only reason it ended up in the US was because of the end of the Civil War's impact on cotton.
I told them that it was originally meant for Egypt but Egypt didn't want it and they did not believe me. Thanks for confirming a historical fact.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old February 13th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #70
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 37,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No they don't. The fellah definitely has a waist gathering. The SOL does not.

Give it up. You're wrong.
You should stop all of your frantic googling and first learn that a fellah is a person, not clothing, and not all the Arab peasents cloths were 100% identical.
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.