Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree2Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,029
The whole travel ban BS might have been a non issue.....

I am an American living in China with a Mainland Chinese (might be soon ex-) wife. Trying not to get too much into the story, in 2003 I tried to get her a visa to visit my parents in the USA, and the embassy denied her application. Pissed me off so badly, I refused to come home until 2015, and only then because I am an only child and my parents are older. Possibly when they pass away, I might try (ironically) to move somewhere in the Pacific Rim. Sounds weird, but there are actually a few places in China I would like to settle down (Google Lijiang).

Seems to be that this whole travel ban crap could have been done much better. Just simply deny anyone from these various seven nations a visa. Iran, Libya, Somalia and possibly Yemen and Libya doesn't even have a USA embassy to go get a visa. Just make it nearly impossible, which I would probably think is already the norm. The vast majority of these people from these nations don't have two coins much less pay for a flight. The few who can are the upper class people. Terrorism is caused by the impoverished and the desperate.

All Trump had to do was to tell the State Department or whoever is the lead for the various embassies to just tighten up even more on granting visas than even they are now.
senor boogie woogie is online now  
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
I am an American living in China with a Mainland Chinese (might be soon ex-) wife. Trying not to get too much into the story, in 2003 I tried to get her a visa to visit my parents in the USA, and the embassy denied her application. Pissed me off so badly, I refused to come home until 2015, and only then because I am an only child and my parents are older. Possibly when they pass away, I might try (ironically) to move somewhere in the Pacific Rim. Sounds weird, but there are actually a few places in China I would like to settle down (Google Lijiang).

Seems to be that this whole travel ban crap could have been done much better. Just simply deny anyone from these various seven nations a visa. Iran, Libya, Somalia and possibly Yemen and Libya doesn't even have a USA embassy to go get a visa. Just make it nearly impossible, which I would probably think is already the norm. The vast majority of these people from these nations don't have two coins much less pay for a flight. The few who can are the upper class people. Terrorism is caused by the impoverished and the desperate.

All Trump had to do was to tell the State Department or whoever is the lead for the various embassies to just tighten up even more on granting visas than even they are now.
What does your problem of getting your Wife into the country for the past 13 years have to do with restricting immigration from the 7 terrorist designated countries? It doesn't.

What actually is the issue with your visa problem?
Thanks from caconservative
justoneman is online now  
Old February 11th, 2017, 06:39 AM   #3
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
I am an American living in China with a Mainland Chinese (might be soon ex-) wife. Trying not to get too much into the story, in 2003 I tried to get her a visa to visit my parents in the USA, and the embassy denied her application. Pissed me off so badly, I refused to come home until 2015, and only then because I am an only child and my parents are older. Possibly when they pass away, I might try (ironically) to move somewhere in the Pacific Rim. Sounds weird, but there are actually a few places in China I would like to settle down (Google Lijiang).

Seems to be that this whole travel ban crap could have been done much better. Just simply deny anyone from these various seven nations a visa. Iran, Libya, Somalia and possibly Yemen and Libya doesn't even have a USA embassy to go get a visa. Just make it nearly impossible, which I would probably think is already the norm. The vast majority of these people from these nations don't have two coins much less pay for a flight. The few who can are the upper class people. Terrorism is caused by the impoverished and the desperate.

All Trump had to do was to tell the State Department or whoever is the lead for the various embassies to just tighten up even more on granting visas than even they are now.
Quote:
Terrorism is caused by the impoverished and the desperate.
You are wrong. It is the wealth of the rich ME nations that supply terrorism.
Saudi Arabia funds and exports Islamic extremism: The truth behind the toxic U.S. relationship with the theocratic monarchy - Salon.com
coke is offline  
Old February 11th, 2017, 07:41 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
What does your problem of getting your Wife into the country for the past 13 years have to do with restricting immigration from the 7 terrorist designated countries? It doesn't.

What actually is the issue with your visa problem?
I have not tried to get her a visa since. What happened in 2003 pissed me off enough. Basically we had to pay something like $60 to get an "interview" and then had to travel to Shanghai. I was not allowed in the interview room, and my wife was denied, because we could not "prove" that she would return to China. Oh yeah, we want to live in Memphis. Or anywhere in America where she cannot "legally" work anyway.

I should't have to prove shit. I am an American citizen and this is my wife. However, 99.999999999 percent of foreigners can come to China, no problem, and a spouse of a Chinese citizen can get a yearly spouse visa. Again, no problem.

Has there been any terrorist actions from people from these so called seven banned nations? And sort of off my pity party about the American visa system, all the administration had to do was to instruct the embassies of these nations to just not give visas, which is already happening. How many Pakistanis get through for example? or people from anywhere else? Again, most of these people do not have the money for a plane ticket. How many refugees have $1500 USD lying around? America is difficult for a citizen, much less a foreigner.

The idea should be is to not give people, especially non foreigners anything besides basic services given to any human being, as in a rape and murder of a penniless foreigner is given the same attention as a rape and murder of a rich citizen.

Most of these nations on the banned list are the way they are because of American foreign policy the last fifty years. This whole "terrorism" thing is a joke and a cover. I wish we humans would grow up and do away with these damned borders and nations and become a World government with a common agenda. Wont happen, and it sucks that the so called "free" America is banging on doors of people for not being "citizens" which is a joke too.
Thanks from imaginethat
senor boogie woogie is online now  
Old February 11th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
I have not tried to get her a visa since. What happened in 2003 pissed me off enough. Basically we had to pay something like $60 to get an "interview" and then had to travel to Shanghai. I was not allowed in the interview room, and my wife was denied, because we could not "prove" that she would return to China. Oh yeah, we want to live in Memphis. Or anywhere in America where she cannot "legally" work anyway.

I should't have to prove shit. I am an American citizen and this is my wife. However, 99.999999999 percent of foreigners can come to China, no problem, and a spouse of a Chinese citizen can get a yearly spouse visa. Again, no problem.

Has there been any terrorist actions from people from these so called seven banned nations? And sort of off my pity party about the American visa system, all the administration had to do was to instruct the embassies of these nations to just not give visas, which is already happening. How many Pakistanis get through for example? or people from anywhere else? Again, most of these people do not have the money for a plane ticket. How many refugees have $1500 USD lying around? America is difficult for a citizen, much less a foreigner.

The idea should be is to not give people, especially non foreigners anything besides basic services given to any human being, as in a rape and murder of a penniless foreigner is given the same attention as a rape and murder of a rich citizen.

Most of these nations on the banned list are the way they are because of American foreign policy the last fifty years. This whole "terrorism" thing is a joke and a cover. I wish we humans would grow up and do away with these damned borders and nations and become a World government with a common agenda. Wont happen, and it sucks that the so called "free" America is banging on doors of people for not being "citizens" which is a joke too.
My Wife is from Europe and we had to go through a lot of official paperwork to get her the permanent resident status. You obviously were only getting a tourist visitation visa for some reason. Why?
justoneman is online now  
Old February 11th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
I have not tried to get her a visa since. What happened in 2003 pissed me off enough. Basically we had to pay something like $60 to get an "interview" and then had to travel to Shanghai. I was not allowed in the interview room, and my wife was denied, because we could not "prove" that she would return to China. Oh yeah, we want to live in Memphis. Or anywhere in America where she cannot "legally" work anyway.

I should't have to prove shit. I am an American citizen and this is my wife. However, 99.999999999 percent of foreigners can come to China, no problem, and a spouse of a Chinese citizen can get a yearly spouse visa. Again, no problem.

Has there been any terrorist actions from people from these so called seven banned nations? And sort of off my pity party about the American visa system, all the administration had to do was to instruct the embassies of these nations to just not give visas, which is already happening. How many Pakistanis get through for example? or people from anywhere else? Again, most of these people do not have the money for a plane ticket. How many refugees have $1500 USD lying around? America is difficult for a citizen, much less a foreigner.

The idea should be is to not give people, especially non foreigners anything besides basic services given to any human being, as in a rape and murder of a penniless foreigner is given the same attention as a rape and murder of a rich citizen.

Most of these nations on the banned list are the way they are because of American foreign policy the last fifty years. This whole "terrorism" thing is a joke and a cover. I wish we humans would grow up and do away with these damned borders and nations and become a World government with a common agenda. Wont happen, and it sucks that the so called "free" America is banging on doors of people for not being "citizens" which is a joke too.
Sorry buddy but, the security of America takes precedence over what you and your foreign wife want. America is FREE because we have borders and protect our own and the freedom they enjoy. If that is not to your liking, you should renounce your citizenship and become a citizen of a country more to your liking.
caconservative is offline  
Old February 11th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
My Wife is from Europe and we had to go through a lot of official paperwork to get her the permanent resident status. You obviously were only getting a tourist visitation visa for some reason. Why?
Because, maybe his wife wouldn't like the US? Seņor already has said he likes China.

The year before I met my Ukrainian wife, she tried to get a tourist visa to visit the US. Denied. Same reason. She couldn't "prove" she'd return to Ukraine.

I'm starting to think the visa thing is like immigration law: The laws are on the books to deal with the situation. The laws, sometimes, aren't enforced.

And the simple-mindedness of the "wall mentality," anyway. If a terrorist wants into the US, I'm sure he or she could buy "citizenship" from a country not on the list.
imaginethat is online now  
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Because, maybe his wife wouldn't like the US? Seņor already has said he likes China.

The year before I met my Ukrainian wife, she tried to get a tourist visa to visit the US. Denied. Same reason. She couldn't "prove" she'd return to Ukraine.

I'm starting to think the visa thing is like immigration law: The laws are on the books to deal with the situation. The laws, sometimes, aren't enforced.

And the simple-mindedness of the "wall mentality," anyway. If a terrorist wants into the US, I'm sure he or she could buy "citizenship" from a country not on the list.
Except that it is really difficult to get citizenship in most of the surrounding or nearby countries. I believe it took a royal decree from King Hussein to make Queen Noor a Jordanian citizen.

Last edited by Salinator1; February 11th, 2017 at 04:30 PM.
Salinator1 is offline  
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:31 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Because, maybe his wife wouldn't like the US? Seņor already has said he likes China.

The year before I met my Ukrainian wife, she tried to get a tournecessary visa to visit the US. Denied. Same reason. She couldn't "prove" she'd return to Ukraine.

I'm starting to think the visa thing is like immigration law: The laws are on the books to deal with the situation. The laws, sometimes, aren't enforced.

And the simple-mindedness of the "wall mentality," anyway. If a terrorist wants into the US, I'm sure he or she could buy "citizenship" from a country not on the list.
My wife and I provided so much documentation and proof about who she is and about our marriage that the government knew the siruation perfectly. It is important to do this. Its necessary.
justoneman is online now  
Old February 14th, 2017, 03:41 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: north east usa
Posts: 3,936
where freedom dwells. there is my country
ben franklin

give me liberity or give me death
natan hale


a house devided agenst it self can not stand
jesus Christ


mother in laws have the same rights as the husband
his wife


I will bild a wall agenst mexico and they pay for it
some nut calld trump
dusty is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
ban, issue, travel



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another WND Non-Issue! Medicine Man Current Events 0 November 28th, 2013 07:21 AM
Non issue Seandog Gay and Lesbian Rights 179 July 24th, 2008 11:09 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.