Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree38Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2017, 01:52 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,238
CBO: $600 Billion In Tax Cuts For The Rich 52 Million More Uninsured

In 10 years’ time the total uninsured population—those who would still be uninsured under Obamacare plus the ones Trumpcare forces out—would be 52 million. Remember back before the Affordable Care Act? Remember that there were 46 million uninsured people in the U.S.?Trumpcare makes it worse!

And as most analysts have concluded, the costs would be considerably higher for older Americans.

CBO: Trumpcare will result in more uninsured people than there were before Obamacare became law

Or as Paul Ryan calls it, an act of mercy.

More from Politico:

The bill is paid for with a staggering $880 billion cut to Medicaid over a decade, a figure that is likely to terrify governors who rely on the existing federal share of the program for their budgets.

CBO: 24 million fewer insured under House bill repealing Obamacare - POLITICO
Thanks from Camelot
skews13 is offline  
Old March 13th, 2017, 07:26 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,228
Thanks from Clara007
goober is offline  
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:43 PM   #3
Banned
 
fdtwain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
In 10 years’ time the total uninsured population—those who would still be uninsured under Obamacare plus the ones Trumpcare forces out—would be 52 million. Remember back before the Affordable Care Act? Remember that there were 46 million uninsured people in the U.S.?Trumpcare makes it worse!

And as most analysts have concluded, the costs would be considerably higher for older Americans.

CBO: Trumpcare will result in more uninsured people than there were before Obamacare became law

Or as Paul Ryan calls it, an act of mercy.

More from Politico:

The bill is paid for with a staggering $880 billion cut to Medicaid over a decade, a figure that is likely to terrify governors who rely on the existing federal share of the program for their budgets.

CBO: 24 million fewer insured under House bill repealing Obamacare - POLITICO
This is good news: tens of millions of American citizens who do not desire to purchase health insurance, will have their derivative-natural right to economic freedom respected.
Thanks from justoneman and Sensible
fdtwain is offline  
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:02 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 689
Can anyone post an example when CBO got it correct? Just one?
Toefoot is offline  
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:09 AM   #5
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
Can anyone post an example when CBO got it correct? Just one?
I can. The CBO projected a cumulative surplus of $5.6 trillion by 2009. That got that right, didn't they.
Thanks from excalibur, Sabcat and Toefoot
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I can. The CBO projected a cumulative surplus of $5.6 trillion by 2009. That got that right, didn't they.
The CBO is worthless and a political arm but I am sure getting a kick out of the progs talking as if it is gospel.
Toefoot is offline  
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,228
The CBO numbers are what we have.
They will almost certainly not be the exact numbers that result 10 years from now.
But, what they do show is 14 million people losing health insurance in the first year of the GOP plan, maybe it would only be 12 million, maybe it will be 18 million, it will probably be a lot.
And the amount that the tax cuts will enrich the wealthy, maybe they will only net 300 billion, maybe they'll get a Trillion.
What we know is that this bill will take away health care from millions of Americans, and use the money for tax cuts for the wealthy.

I don't think it will happen, I think Trump will send this abortion back to Lyin' Ryan, and tell him to come up with the plan that costs less and covers everyone, you know, the plan he's been talking about since 2010....
goober is offline  
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:51 AM   #8
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
The CBO numbers are what we have.
They will almost certainly not be the exact numbers that result 10 years from now.
But, what they do show is 14 million people losing health insurance in the first year of the GOP plan, maybe it would only be 12 million, maybe it will be 18 million, it will probably be a lot.
And the amount that the tax cuts will enrich the wealthy, maybe they will only net 300 billion, maybe they'll get a Trillion.
What we know is that this bill will take away health care from millions of Americans, and use the money for tax cuts for the wealthy.

I don't think it will happen, I think Trump will send this abortion back to Lyin' Ryan, and tell him to come up with the plan that costs less and covers everyone, you know, the plan he's been talking about since 2010....
There was a poster on this forum, a lady who was very knowledgeable of economics and had a real knack of being able to create specific graphs using Fed data. I can't remember her username and unfortunately she didn't last long. I suspect the confirmation bias she unsuccessfully tried to fight wore her down.

Anyway, she also told the forum that the CBE is often hamstrung by having to utilize some base assumptions that often they would not use.

And in things like long range projections, the government will tell them, for example, what GDP change per year they have to input into their models.

In her opinion, their numbers for current data were good, but their projections had this weakness.
RNG is offline  
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
In 10 years’ time the total uninsured population—those who would still be uninsured under Obamacare plus the ones Trumpcare forces out—would be 52 million. Remember back before the Affordable Care Act? Remember that there were 46 million uninsured people in the U.S.?Trumpcare makes it worse!

And as most analysts have concluded, the costs would be considerably higher for older Americans.

CBO: Trumpcare will result in more uninsured people than there were before Obamacare became law

Or as Paul Ryan calls it, an act of mercy.

More from Politico:

The bill is paid for with a staggering $880 billion cut to Medicaid over a decade, a figure that is likely to terrify governors who rely on the existing federal share of the program for their budgets.

CBO: 24 million fewer insured under House bill repealing Obamacare - POLITICO


Tut Tut Tut......not so fast, Buster. Our president and his mouthpiece (Sean the Spicey One) says au contraire to the CBO. The CBO is another fake agency. They don't know what they are talking about---vicious rumors---blah blah.
"If you're looking at the CBO for accuracy, you're looking in the wrong place."

Well, another agency bites the dust. Throw out those numbers and start over until King Tut Trump is happy with the prediction.
Thanks from Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:06 PM   #10
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtwain View Post
This is good news: tens of millions of American citizens who do not desire to purchase health insurance, will have their derivative-natural right to economic freedom respected.
translation the emergency rooms will be more overcrowded than they are now and premiums will rise to cover the costs .
on the bright side the god fearing citizenry can no longer blame bad emergency care on illegals crowding the ER.
Thanks from Camelot
Daws77 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
$600, billion, cbo, cuts, million, rich, tax, uninsured



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now that Austerity's tax cuts for the rich Mrs. CJ Parker Current Events 6 May 24th, 2013 06:12 PM
Vote Now On Ending Bush Tax Cuts For The Rich rumpelstiltskin Politicians 120 October 20th, 2010 10:53 AM
GOP: No more help for jobless, but rich must keep tax cuts intangible child Money and Finance 0 July 16th, 2010 01:50 PM
More tax cuts for the rich. Thanks Bush! hevusa Money and Finance 110 October 28th, 2008 01:42 AM
Tax Cuts For The Rich Help The Poor alias Money and Finance 86 November 26th, 2006 11:20 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.