Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree11Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:13 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
As USSecState, Hillary had a vote on the uranium deal, and which she claimed she had no say in. As such, had she voted against it the deal would have died. And Øbama as POTUS could have prevented that. Meanwhile, money flowed from Russia in to the Clinton Crime Family ... errr ... Clinton Foundation. Those are facts.




AND once again: LINK? SOURCE?
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 08:12 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
The Russia-hate is thick, so we know who is wanting war with them, at least the ones on this board. And more than likely were all anti-Reagan in the 1980's when Reagan waged his successful defeat of the USSR, and were all in for the Ted Kennedy working with Moscow against Reagan's reelection. Both times on the wrong side of history.

Meanwhile, old skews, et al, had no problem with Øbama and Clinton selling uranium assets to Russia.
You live in the past, a distorted version of it, a "fake past."

Just like your god Trump, you lie continuously.

Nobody here wants war with Russia, That's a damned fool thing to say, but you say it over and over again, presumably with the presumption that repeating your damned lie often enough will make it true.

Not only are you a liar, but you, like any well-trained Russian operative, attack people who put America first.
Thanks from Daws77
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 08:16 AM   #13
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
AND once again: LINK? SOURCE?
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...pany.html?_r=0

You are very welcome.
coke is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 08:16 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
As USSecState, Hillary had a vote on the uranium deal, and which she claimed she had no say in. As such, had she voted against it the deal would have died. And Øbama as POTUS could have prevented that. Meanwhile, money flowed from Russia in to the Clinton Crime Family ... errr ... Clinton Foundation. Those are facts.
It's a fact that you've hijacked this thread.

It's also a fact that Tillerson is snubbing NATO in favor of Russia, which is the topic of this thread.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 08:17 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
AND once again: LINK? SOURCE?
Don't encourage the Russian-loving troll, please.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:05 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post


Aren't you sweet? Of course I thank you for the link. This from the NYTimes:

"Whether the donations played any role in the approval of the uranium deal is unknown. In a statement, Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign, said no one “has ever produced a shred of evidence supporting the theory that Hillary Clinton ever took action as secretary of state to support the interests of donors to the Clinton Foundation.” He emphasized that multiple United States agencies, as well as the Canadian government, had signed off on the deal and that, in general, such matters were handled at a level below the secretary. “To suggest the State Department, under then-Secretary Clinton, exerted undue influence in the U.S. government’s review of the sale of Uranium One is utterly baseless,” he added."

I know you want Hillary Clinton found guilty of every possible debacle in the past two decades and burned at the stake, but seriously........?? She didn't approve the uranium sale and the uranium sale was 20% of the US’s uranium production capacity, not actual produced uranium.
The State Department was one of nine federal agencies and a number of additional independent federal and state regulators that signed off on the deal.
President Obama, not Secretary Clinton, was the only person who could’ve vetoed the deal. He didn't. Clinton had NO VETO POWER.
Treasury Department, Dec. 8, 2008: Only the President has the authority to suspend or prohibit a covered transaction. Pursuant to section 6(c) of Executive Order 11858, CFIUS refers a covered transaction to the President if CFIUS or any member of CFIUS recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction, or if CFIUS otherwise seeks a Presidential determination on the transaction.
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 20th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #17
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,248
The Tillerson effect steamrolls along. How is it that one spells conflict of interest?

Quote:
Exxon seeks to resume drilling for oil in Black Sea with Russian agency


Exxon Mobil is seeking permission from the U.S. government for approval to resume drilling around the Black Sea with a Russian partner, state-owned Rosneft, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The oil giant's request is being reviewed by the Trump administration and is certain to draw extra scrutiny because it involves a company formerly run by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who cultivated close ties with Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin.

The drilling venture was blocked when the U.S. imposed sanctions on Russia in 2014. Exxon applied to the Treasury Department for a waiver from the sanctions in 2015, during the Obama administration, according to the person, who spoke anonymously because the application process is confidential. Exxon has publicly disclosed licenses for other work in Russia that required waivers.

An Exxon spokesperson said the company declined to comment on ongoing issues.

The Treasury Department, which would handle Exxon's application to drill around the Black Sea, did not respond to a request for comment.

A State Department spokesperson said Tillerson has recused himself from any matters involving Exxon for two years and is not involved with any decision involving the company before any government agency. Tillerson retired as Exxon CEO at the end of last year. He has known Putin for about two decades — the Russian president awarded Tillerson a special honor in 2013.
And of course we believe the part I emphasised above.

Exxon seeks to resume drilling for oil in Black Sea with Russian agency - Business - CBC News
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
meeting, nato, rex, russia, skip, tillerson, visit



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tillerson cuts short South Korean visit, citing 'fatigue' RNG Americas 5 March 21st, 2017 02:03 AM
NATO's determination to contain Russia dangerous imaginethat Current Events 0 February 15th, 2016 10:17 AM
NATO invites Montenegro to join... Russia is unhappy freemktforces Current Events 0 December 2nd, 2015 03:01 AM
President Obama’s Bilateral Meeting with NATO Secretary General Rasmussen The White House The White House 0 May 20th, 2012 10:00 AM
Russia Urges Nato Stay In Afghanistan Past 2014 imaginethat Current Events 4 April 21st, 2012 09:02 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.