Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree162Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of liberal hippies
Posts: 38,895
This is why a test is needed to be able to vote.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #42
Banned
 
Daws77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
This is why a test is needed to be able to vote.
If not spewing bullshit was a requirement you would never have voted.
Daws77 is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 03:27 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
This is why a test is needed to be able to vote.


Why Jimmy....I'm surprised. Don't you remember when we had tests in order to vote? Well, maybe not, because you are probably too young....but being the reader and "historian" that you are, I'll just jog you memory.

From the 1890s to the 1960s, many state governments in the Southern United States administered literacy tests to prospective voters purportedly to test their literacy in order to vote. Of course whites were generally exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that in practice excluded blacks, such as a grandfather clause or a finding of "good moral character." What a kick, right??

Literacy tests, along with poll taxes and extra-legal intimidation, were used to deny suffrage to African Americans.....and now you'd like to deny voting rights to some because they aren't up on your legal-babble.
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of liberal hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Why Jimmy....I'm surprised. Don't you remember when we had tests in order to vote? Well, maybe not, because you are probably too young....but being the reader and "historian" that you are, I'll just jog you memory.

From the 1890s to the 1960s, many state governments in the Southern United States administered literacy tests to prospective voters purportedly to test their literacy in order to vote. Of course whites were generally exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that in practice excluded blacks, such as a grandfather clause or a finding of "good moral character." What a kick, right??

Literacy tests, along with poll taxes and extra-legal intimidation, were used to deny suffrage to African Americans.....and now you'd like to deny voting rights to some because they aren't up on your legal-babble.
First, there is no constitutional right to vote.

Second, if one has no clue regarding the federal government's structure or a clue what the governing document means, they do not deserve to vote.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 03:42 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Polari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Britton, SD
Posts: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Why Jimmy....I'm surprised. Don't you remember when we had tests in order to vote? Well, maybe not, because you are probably too young....but being the reader and "historian" that you are, I'll just jog you memory.

From the 1890s to the 1960s, many state governments in the Southern United States administered literacy tests to prospective voters purportedly to test their literacy in order to vote. Of course whites were generally exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that in practice excluded blacks, such as a grandfather clause or a finding of "good moral character." What a kick, right??

Literacy tests, along with poll taxes and extra-legal intimidation, were used to deny suffrage to African Americans.....and now you'd like to deny voting rights to some because they aren't up on your legal-babble.
...Who would you rather have design your house, an engineer, or the guy who'd never done it before and was just guessing?...This is exactly how we got Dumpy...Mike Rowe made some interesting statements when someone asked him to help convince people to vote...Paraphrasing here, I'm not telling anyone to vote unless I'm convinced they have a clue what they are voting for...

Last edited by Polari; April 17th, 2017 at 04:18 PM.
Polari is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
First, there is no constitutional right to vote.

Second, if one has no clue regarding the federal government's structure or a clue what the governing document means, they do not deserve to vote.


Your arrogance is stunning.
Thanks from Hollywood
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of liberal hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Your arrogance is stunning.
What is arrogant about my statements?
Jimmyb is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:05 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
First, there is no constitutional right to vote.

Second, if one has no clue regarding the federal government's structure or a clue what the governing document means, they do not deserve to vote.
Jimmy. jimmy. Jimmy, personal opinion are like assholes, everybody has one.
*shrug*
Thanks from Clara007
Hollywood is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:20 PM   #49
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
They see gays as human beings the same way they see murderers and rapists as human beings. They're human but they have committed a crime so heinous as to have given up their right to live among "civilized" people. (And people like the Moores get to define what "civilized" means).

I have no doubt that given the chance they would re-establish criminal penalties for the "crime" of homosexuality.

We need to make absolutely sure they NEVER get that chance.
Why are we as a society not applying these same standards to fundamentalist Muslims?

Some way another the left has suddenly made the decision to over look this very important attribute of Muslim society. They have a very backwards laws.

Women are property and gays are to be killed.

I agree that anyone who wants their magic mans laws to be enforced on society is wrong.
Sabcat is offline  
Old April 17th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Polari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Britton, SD
Posts: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Why are we as a society not applying these same standards to fundamentalist Muslims?

Some way another the left has suddenly made the decision to over look this very important attribute of Muslim society. They have a very backwards laws.

Women are property and gays are to be killed.

I agree that anyone who wants their magic mans laws to be enforced on society is wrong.
...Im a bit self conscious of my bitchy resting face here on the forum...
Polari is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
foundation, law, moore, moral, roy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Moore on Trump. hot dragon Politicians 1 July 25th, 2016 01:00 AM
patrick moore webguy4 Current Events 0 February 26th, 2014 10:09 AM
Fox Goes After Sesame Street’S Supposed “Assault” On America’S “Moral Foundation” Ray Kaye Gay and Lesbian Rights 3 June 3rd, 2011 02:13 AM
Psudoscience is Redefining society & it's Moral Foundation 3rd side Gay and Lesbian Rights 12 August 24th, 2010 04:03 PM
Moore attacks Dems? RidinHighSpeeds Political Talk 70 April 13th, 2005 01:24 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.