Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree54Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
well if building a wall on us land and
making mexico pay for it is not delusional I don't know what is
its not delusional, its politics. paying off the debt is delusional too. so is establishing peace in the middle east, so is being carbon neutral, so is ending abortions. most promises by politicians arent intended to be taken as actual promises, they are position statements, its a way of saying to the people "i am this kind of politician".

think about it: do you actually believe it when a politician makes a promise? why is trumps wall any different?
Thanks from Scrollforward
hot dragon is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 05:01 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You received your training from where, and you've sat down with him one on one?
The same place that every expert here on DTT received their training from to declare global warming a hoax.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 9,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
The same place that every expert here on DTT received their training from to declare global warming a hoax.
I am middle of the road but lean right and call it what it is, Global Warming which pisses off my right wing brothers. Fuck Climate Change!
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 05:52 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
I am middle of the road but lean right and call it what it is, Global Warming which pisses off my right wing brothers. Fuck Climate Change!
Don't piss me off at all....There is Global warming.....What pisses me off is the political hoax created around it....
Thanks from Sabcat
Jimgorn is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
trump is not mentally ill.

its very hard to objectively define mental illness. it is however possible to say when someone is mentally well. the language typically used today is that someone is well if they have the capacity to maintain meaningful social and occupational function. that is, they are able to hold relationships together, form and keep friends, and able to do stuff, maybe work, study, parent, housework, do something. a century ago freud expressed the same idea in that a person is well if they are able to love and to work. every form of mental illness leads its sufferers to lose their social and occupational function.
trump is therefore not mentally ill. he is clearly able to maintain social contacts and clearly able to maintain occupational function.

psychiatrists should know this. those who dont are not making a case based on their professional background, they are making a case based on their emotional need. this is just another bunch of sore losers who are pissed that trump won and are trying to justify being bitter and vindictive. that they are psychiatrist does not make it more believable, it just makes it embarrassing.
I've thought for some time that Trump was not entirely stable. What you say (my bold above) is UNTRUE !! I've known a few people with mental illnesses that continue to maintain their social and work functions. Some days are better than others, but they continue to function.

Trump is classic text book narcissist. He has ZERO tolerance for criticism and HAS to BE RIGHT all the time.

Paranoia often accompanies extreme narcissism. More than a few of Trumps comments indicate that he is more than a little paranoid.

He may not be a severe case, but I don't believe he's quite all there. He's not stable.
Thanks from imaginethat and Scrollforward
BubbaJones is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,398
And Hillary (choice #2) was stable..???? yeah right!!!
Jimgorn is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 07:09 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
And Hillary (choice #2) was stable..???? yeah right!!!
Did you watch the televised Clinton/Trump debates?
Which one acted like the stable adult?
Thanks from Clara007
Hollywood is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
I've thought for some time that Trump was not entirely stable. What you say (my bold above) is UNTRUE !! I've known a few people with mental illnesses that continue to maintain their social and work functions. Some days are better than others, but they continue to function.
but their social and occupational function was starting to fail. they were starting to withdraw from some social events, work performance was dropping off, or maybe work was ok but they didnt have enough left to maintain the housework and sport they always used to do. thats part of what makes it a "disorder"- their capacity to live their life starts to fail. then they got some help of some sort, got their heads around what was going on and life picked up again.

and if thats not what happened, then they didnt have a mental illness. they might have had some symptoms, maybe felt miserable or anxious, and that can be distressing, and they can feel better if they get some help. but it doesnt fit the label "illness" if it didnt impact on their life in a significant way.
hot dragon is offline  
Old April 27th, 2017, 08:53 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Trump is classic text book narcissist. He has ZERO tolerance for criticism and HAS to BE RIGHT all the time.

Paranoia often accompanies extreme narcissism. More than a few of Trumps comments indicate that he is more than a little paranoid.

He may not be a severe case, but I don't believe he's quite all there. He's not stable.
trump is not a narcissist. narcissism is NOT grandiosity. narcissism is the inability to see people as anything other than a reflection of themselves. a narcissist seen himself everywhere he looks, and doesnt see anything else. he sees his wife, his children, his friends, his workmates, and only sees them in terms of how they relate to him. ask a narcissist what his work mates do when they get home and he will stare at you blankly - he has never thought of what other people do when he isnt around, he is too focussed on himself. once they go home, they might as well cease to exist as far as the narcissist is concerned.

paranoia comes about when a narcissist starts to wonder "maybe they do have a life independent of me after all...." and the cracks in his narcissistic armour appear. most commonly this becomes evident in a narcissistic man who becomes paranoid about his partner cheating on him; she is HIS, and if he ever starts to think maybe she is NOT HIS, just that thought is going to make him angry and accuse her.

trump is an egotist. he is grandiose, obsessed with being the biggest, the best, the greatest. what looks like paranoia is just defending his ego (ego in the lay term, his massive sense of self worth -and entitlement-, not ego in a psychoanalytical sense). but he knows how other people think, he can understand another persons point of view, there is no way he could have tapped into the american peoples psyche and win an election without doing that. and that rules out narcissism.

and yes, he certainly isnt stable.
hot dragon is offline  
Old April 28th, 2017, 05:26 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
trump is not a narcissist. narcissism is NOT grandiosity. narcissism is the inability to see people as anything other than a reflection of themselves. a narcissist seen himself everywhere he looks, and doesnt see anything else. he sees his wife, his children, his friends, his workmates, and only sees them in terms of how they relate to him. ask a narcissist what his work mates do when they get home and he will stare at you blankly - he has never thought of what other people do when he isnt around, he is too focussed on himself. once they go home, they might as well cease to exist as far as the narcissist is concerned.

paranoia comes about when a narcissist starts to wonder "maybe they do have a life independent of me after all...." and the cracks in his narcissistic armour appear. most commonly this becomes evident in a narcissistic man who becomes paranoid about his partner cheating on him; she is HIS, and if he ever starts to think maybe she is NOT HIS, just that thought is going to make him angry and accuse her.

trump is an egotist. he is grandiose, obsessed with being the biggest, the best, the greatest. what looks like paranoia is just defending his ego (ego in the lay term, his massive sense of self worth -and entitlement-, not ego in a psychoanalytical sense). but he knows how other people think, he can understand another persons point of view, there is no way he could have tapped into the american peoples psyche and win an election without doing that. and that rules out narcissism.

and yes, he certainly isnt stable.
You just described Trump. HIS wife, HIS children, HIS friends, HIS workmates, it's ALL about HIM. Classic narcissist with paranoid delusions.

The reason he won the election is an anger that had ben fermented by the republicans for last 8 years. He truly was the "none of the above" candidate. He is fiery, bombastic and controversial, and the electorate was primed for just such a candidate.

However, he LOST the popular vote and his response to that was, "he WOULD have won had 3 million illegals not voted" He can't fathom a world where he didn't win outright.

Then there was the flap over the size of the inauguration. Again he just can't imagine a world where he didn't outperform not just Obama, but EVERY previous president.

Then there's the whole fake news comments and his on going battle with the press when he doesn't like what they have to say about him. Again he can't conceive a world where people challenge him or his statements, where he isn't portrayed as always right. Lets not even get started about all those late night tweets.

Classic narcissist and more than a little paranoid.
Thanks from imaginethat and right to left
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
conferenc, dangerous, donald, experts, illness, mental, psychiatry, trump, yale



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Donald Trump is Dangerous Gordy Americas 25 August 30th, 2015 12:19 PM
Mental Illness; Driven By Prosperity Medicine Man Current Events 3 August 25th, 2014 11:08 AM
What kind of mental illness .... tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 207 May 26th, 2014 11:46 PM
Homosexuality is a mental illness Brit Dems Gay and Lesbian Rights 10 May 12th, 2013 12:04 PM
What Definition of Mental Illness Do the Gun Grabbers Want To Use excalibur Current Events 72 April 16th, 2013 07:32 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.