Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree82Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2017, 07:08 AM   #71
Banned
 
Santa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
"dismissed".....
Aren't you just the cutest little ankle biter
Santa is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 07:45 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Aren't you just the cutest little ankle biter
LOL...so "dismiss" me and see if i actually go away.
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:03 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefoot View Post
As for Mr Obama/Trump, this is nothing new and when put into context this is a good snip and love the faux outrage from the progs:

Trump’s disclosure was certainly not illegal. The president is in charge of classified information. He has unreviewable authority to disclose it himself and to authorize executive-branch subordinates to disclose it. But legality (as Jim Geraghty explains in the “Morning Jolt”) is not the point.

The question is competence: Was the president trying to impress the Russians with his range of intelligence knowledge, even though the Russians would naturally assume an American president knew such things? If so, the incident would raise questions about Trump’s conduct of foreign policy. Avoidable gaffes can gravely imperil intelligence sources.

The doubts they can create about our government’s reliability in keeping secrets may induce allied intelligence services to withhold vital information from us. And avoidable gaffes can happen to an official who is not well versed in the give-and-take of high-level diplomatic exchanges. That would not be an excuse: President of the United States is not an entry-level position. All that said, how unusual is this sort of thing, really? It is a good question that Steve Hayward raises at Power Line — along with a Washington Post report reminding us that, less than a year ago, the Obama administration was offering to share with Russia intelligence about ISIS operations in Syria . . . which sounds an awful lot like what Trump was doing.

When Osama bin Laden was killed, President Obama was not content to explain that fact to the American people. His administration gratuitously disclosed that the raid on the al-Qaeda emir’s compound in Pakistan produced a “trove” of actionable intelligence. From a national-security standpoint, this political grandstanding was a foolish: It gave al-Qaeda operatives a heads-up that their cells and activities had likely been exposed, providing them the opportunity to disappear before our forces could roll them up. And then there is the Obama administration’s leak disclosing (to the Washington Post) General Michael Flynn’s conversations with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak.

This was done with obvious malevolence to hurt Flynn and Trump (who had named Flynn national-security adviser). The beneficiary, however, was Russia. It received valuable information that its ambassador was under surveillance and that whatever countermeasures the Kremlin’s intelligence services had been taking had failed. This is apt to make Russian operatives more difficult to monitor in the future.

When Democrats mishandle classified information, they are earnest progressives. When Republicans do it, they are incompetent morons. More to the point, does anyone believe that American presidents other than Trump do not make highly questionable disclosures in their negotiations with hostile regimes? Remember when Obama told Putin’s factotum, Medvedev, to tell ol’ Vlad he’d have much more “flexibility” to accommodate Russian concerns after his 2012 reelection — patently signaling that Putin should just be patient and not pay too much attention to campaign rhetoric about dealing sternly with Moscow?

And what of the to-and-fro over Obama’s coveted Iran nuclear deal? Is it necessary to remind Democrats that Obama entered secret side deals with the “death to America” regime that were withheld from Congress and the American people? That was not an instance of what Trump was apparently doing — sharing some intel with a hostile government in the (probably naïve) hope of getting cooperation from that government against a common enemy. Obama was actually partnering with a hostile regime through arrangements that were against American interests and that promoted Iranian interests. Of course, the media and the intelligence bureaucracy happily gobbled up the Ben Rhodes fiction that the Iranian regime was “moderating,” and that Obama’s nuclear deal was the only alternative to war. So it was “anything goes.”

That wasn’t planeloads of intel that Obama was covertly sending to the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism; it was planeloads of cash. But to judge from the coverage, this was apparently okay because, after all, he’s Obama — the smartest, most thoughtful, most sophisticated negotiator in the history of negotiators.

Read more at: Trump Shared Classified Information? Remember Obama & Clinton | National Review
Your post drips with innuendo.

• Was the president trying to impress the Russians with his range of intelligence knowledge, even though the Russians would naturally assume an American president knew such things?

What things?

• All that said, how unusual is this sort of thing, really?

What thing? And, how unusual is that sort of thing?

• It gave al-Qaeda operatives a heads-up that their cells and activities had likely been exposed....

Ya think??? OBL's compound had just been raided, but if Obama had just kept quiet, AQ would have had no idea that their cells and activities had likely been exposed? That's your proposition? Ludicrous.

• The beneficiary, however, was Russia. It received valuable information that its ambassador was under surveillance....

Of course. The Russians had no idea any of their operatives including the ambassador was under any kind of surveillance.

And then you finish with the standard "Trump didn't do anything Obama didn't do, and in fact Obama did worse, so there."

So there.
Thanks from RNG, catus felis, Hollywood and 1 others
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:10 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
So just to be fair Did Obama do wrong, how about Hillary? This should be fun


One of the endearing qualities of a RW fanatic is his/her ability to project something I like to call the "ALL or NOTHING" strategy. It is closely related to the BLACK or White logic or the THEY ALL DO IT or the IT'S NOT That BAD mindset.

Look, the presidency is a job like NONE other and there's no way to TRAIN someone for the horrific, frightening responsibility of the presidency, but we the people have tried (in the past) to elect SOMEONE with SOME sort of legislative, governing, military experience AND someone with a background in LAW--an education befitting the most powerful man/woman in the world. Up until now it's been our goal to choose someone with a bit of caution--a dash of honor--a pinch of decency--someone to admire. We haven't always succeeded, but we've tried. WE have attemped to raise the BAR so our lawmakers and our administrations represent the BEST of us. WE DO hold them to a higher standard and we should continue to do that.
Of course presidents make mistakes---how could they not? They've never done this job before. Neither have cabinet members, LIKE Hillary Clinton, who openly admits she's made mistakes. AND Clinton has been investigated MANY times for the mistakes she's made. So you can STOP with the.....but what about Hillary....and what about Obama...? NO ONE thinks they were perfect and no one expects our presidents to get everything right. I'm sure they've all crossed the line at some point because POWER does that to a person.

Donald J Trump is unlike anything we've ever dealt with. He should NEVER have been elected because he doesn't have a clue. All we've seen for over 100 days is one mistake after another. Every American should be concerned about this. Every American (including you) should question his judgement---just as you questioned Obama's, Clinton's, Bush's, Reagan......and every other president.
Trump has NEVER--not once--in all the mistakes he's made--not once has he apologized. NOT once has he said "I was mistaken" or "I misspoke" or "Let me clarify...".....and NEITHER have his supporters.
It's time for you and your president to own up. Man up.
Thanks from catus felis
Clara007 is online now  
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
One of the endearing qualities of a RW fanatic is his/her ability to project something I like to call the "ALL or NOTHING" strategy. It is closely related to the BLACK or White logic or the THEY ALL DO IT or the IT'S NOT That BAD mindset.

Look, the presidency is a job like NONE other and there's no way to TRAIN someone for the horrific, frightening responsibility of the presidency, but we the people have tried (in the past) to elect SOMEONE with SOME sort of legislative, governing, military experience AND someone with a background in LAW--an education befitting the most powerful man/woman in the world. Up until now it's been our goal to choose someone with a bit of caution--a dash of honor--a pinch of decency--someone to admire. We haven't always succeeded, but we've tried. WE have attemped to raise the BAR so our lawmakers and our administrations represent the BEST of us. WE DO hold them to a higher standard and we should continue to do that.
Of course presidents make mistakes---how could they not? They've never done this job before. Neither have cabinet members, LIKE Hillary Clinton, who openly admits she's made mistakes. AND Clinton has been investigated MANY times for the mistakes she's made. So you can STOP with the.....but what about Hillary....and what about Obama...? NO ONE thinks they were perfect and no one expects our presidents to get everything right. I'm sure they've all crossed the line at some point because POWER does that to a person.

Donald J Trump is unlike anything we've ever dealt with. He should NEVER have been elected because he doesn't have a clue. All we've seen for over 100 days is one mistake after another. Every American should be concerned about this. Every American (including you) should question his judgement---just as you questioned Obama's, Clinton's, Bush's, Reagan......and every other president.
Trump has NEVER--not once--in all the mistakes he's made--not once has he apologized. NOT once has he said "I was mistaken" or "I misspoke" or "Let me clarify...".....and NEITHER have his supporters.
It's time for you and your president to own up. Man up.
Negative just trying to see if you have an ounce of honesty in you I guess not.

While the first paragraph was an enjoyable read, and I agreed with much of it, you then went full leftist. Has Trump made mistakes? yes, I would say his inner communication within his cabinet needs work. Other thsan that I can't think of much, activist judges have kept him from implementing important security measures for our nation, they need to be removed from the bench as all of their so called judgements, are nothing but political.
Sensible is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Your post drips with innuendo.

• Was the president trying to impress the Russians with his range of intelligence knowledge, even though the Russians would naturally assume an American president knew such things?

What things?

• All that said, how unusual is this sort of thing, really?

What thing? And, how unusual is that sort of thing?

• It gave al-Qaeda operatives a heads-up that their cells and activities had likely been exposed....

Ya think??? OBL's compound had just been raided, but if Obama had just kept quiet, AQ would have had no idea that their cells and activities had likely been exposed? That's your proposition? Ludicrous.

• The beneficiary, however, was Russia. It received valuable information that its ambassador was under surveillance....

Of course. The Russians had no idea any of their operatives including the ambassador was under any kind of surveillance.

And then you finish with the standard "Trump didn't do anything Obama didn't do, and in fact Obama did worse, so there."

So there.
It does make very valid points for those who wear Dora underwear and whine pointing fingers and changing standards.

Love it.
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
LOL...so "dismiss" me and see if i actually go away.
Fungus or STD?
Toefoot is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:30 AM   #78
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Nonsense he said she was guilty, but couldn't prove intent, which is more nonsense, look at her career she does nothing that isn't pre meditated, and planned for her benefit, and all that at the cost of, wait for it, she doesn't care.
Put "his" (Trump) into the bolded part of your post.
Thanks from catus felis
RNG is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:31 AM   #79
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Oh, well please explain, he said she did break the law but he couldn't prove intent.
Which negated its illegality.
RNG is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #80
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You and Trump are clowns, CNN "Broke" the laptop story on April 1st. You're dismissed.
I'm sure if you say that enough times, you might even start to believe it.
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
blabber, classified, foreign, highly, info, minister, mouth, revealed, russian, strikes, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why didn't FBI release info about Trump's Russian connection? GhostRider Americas 10 February 17th, 2017 09:03 PM
Russian foreign minister proposes expulsion of 35 US diplomats Sabcat Political Talk 1 December 30th, 2016 08:21 AM
Hillary Intentionally Originated And Distributed Highly Classified Information excalibur Current Events 11 September 2nd, 2015 11:01 AM
Report: Leon Panetta Revealed Classified SEAL Unit Info excalibur Current Events 1 June 5th, 2013 06:43 PM
Readout of Vice President Biden's Meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov The White House The White House 0 February 2nd, 2013 09:40 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.