Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By Baby Ray
  • 1 Post By Clara007
  • 1 Post By roastpork
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2017, 10:24 AM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North
Posts: 236
Obama Commenetd on Hillary Investigation

That's right, a little over a year ago, President Obama made public comments about an ongoing investigation into Hillary Clinton. And the shock from the media and Progs was... well... uh... right, no shock. No allegations of obstruction of justice.

Quote:
On April 10, 2016, President Obama publicly stated that Hillary Clinton had shown “carelessness” in using a private e-mail server to handle classified information, but he insisted that she had not intended to endanger national security (which is not an element of the relevant criminal statute).

The president acknowledged that classified information had been transmitted via Secretary Clinton’s server, but he suggested that, in the greater scheme of things, its importance had been vastly overstated.

...
(emphasis added)
Donald Trump's Obstruction of Justice -- Obama Did It Too | National Review

Three months later Comey exculpated Hillary as having had no intent.
Thanks from roastpork

Last edited by Baby Ray; May 17th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.
Baby Ray is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 10:28 AM   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North
Posts: 236
As for Comey, if President Trump has actually made those remarks, why did Comey sit on them, and not inform anyone?

Statutory law requires Comey to have immediately informed the DoJ about them, e.g. 18 U.S. Code § 4

Mr. Trump, will you accept the outcome of the election.
Baby Ray is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Ray View Post
As for Comey, if President Trump has actually made those remarks, why did Comey sit on them, and not inform anyone?

Statutory law requires Comey to have immediately informed the DoJ about them, e.g. 18 U.S. Code § 4

Mr. Trump, will you accept the outcome of the election.
Wrong.

18 U.S. Code § 4 - Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.


No felony is involved.
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 01:30 PM   #4
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Wrong.

18 U.S. Code § 4 - Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.


No felony is involved.


Really? What is this obstruction of justice that the crazed left has been babbling about then regarding the memo's remarks?

And by your own post you admit that this is a nothing burger.

Last edited by Baby Ray; May 17th, 2017 at 01:54 PM.
Baby Ray is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Ray View Post
That's right, a little over a year ago, President Obama made public comments about an ongoing investigation into Hillary Clinton. And the shock from the media and Progs was... well... uh... right, no shock. No allegations of obstruction of justice.



Donald Trump's Obstruction of Justice -- Obama Did It Too | National Review

Three months later Comey exculpated Hillary as having had no intent.


UH OH. Your arrogance is showing, Baby Ruth. There may be some similarities but then comes to a full stop.
*Obama actually admitted Hillary made mistakes. Has Trump admitted anything to anyone?
*AND...Hillary actually admitted she made mistakes.
*Did Obama ASK ANYONE at ANYTIME to drop the investigation?
*Obama made these comments IN PUBLIC. He did not call Comey into his office for a private consult.
*Obstruction of justice requires INTENT. Clinton was careless. She did not intentional TRY to obstruct anything and neither did Obama.
*The FBI investigation of Clinton was long and involved AND......it was completed without obstruction, but nice try, National Review.

If Trump wants to continue to support Flynn and the Russians.....FINE. He can do so at his own risk. There's nothing unlawful about a president showing support for his cabinet members.
IT IS OBSTRUCTION when a sitting president asks the director of the FBI to drop an investigation because the culprit "is a good guy".
Thanks from Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 17th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
UH OH. Your arrogance is showing, Baby Ruth. There may be some similarities but then comes to a full stop.
*Obama actually admitted Hillary made mistakes. Has Trump admitted anything to anyone?
*AND...Hillary actually admitted she made mistakes.
*Did Obama ASK ANYONE at ANYTIME to drop the investigation?
*Obama made these comments IN PUBLIC. He did not call Comey into his office for a private consult.
*Obstruction of justice requires INTENT. Clinton was careless. She did not intentional TRY to obstruct anything and neither did Obama.
*The FBI investigation of Clinton was long and involved AND......it was completed without obstruction, but nice try, National Review.

If Trump wants to continue to support Flynn and the Russians.....FINE. He can do so at his own risk. There's nothing unlawful about a president showing support for his cabinet members.
IT IS OBSTRUCTION when a sitting president asks the director of the FBI to drop an investigation because the culprit "is a good guy".
Oh my, I guess Trump should immediately be dipped in tar and covered with chicken feathers!
Thanks from Sensible
roastpork is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
commenetd, hillary, investigation, obama



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Republicans Demand Investigation Of The Investigation skews13 Current Events 30 July 8th, 2016 06:00 AM
Hillary’s State Dept. Blocked Investigation into Orlando Killer’s Mosque excalibur Current Events 10 June 14th, 2016 10:55 AM
Hillary tells Obama to call off the F'n dogs, Obama says release the hounds TNVolunteer73 Current Events 27 September 27th, 2015 09:24 AM
Hillary and Obama roastpork Current Events 6 August 18th, 2014 04:14 PM
Why Was Hillary Fired From the Watergate Investigation excalibur Current Events 1 January 18th, 2014 10:57 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.