Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree19Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2017, 07:51 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: upnorth
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Oh, Trump is different, very different from the others.
It doesn't matter how different the hood ornaments are, it matters who's driving this bus.
Pilgrim is offline  
Old May 20th, 2017, 05:34 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Obama, 8 years without a scandal.

Trump, caught lying on inauguration day...and then a National Security Adviser fired, and an FBI director,and some pretty heavy Russian connections and a couple of sub committees and a Special counsel and we are approaching the end of the first 4 months...

See the difference?


Considering DJ can't go a single week (or sometimes a day) without a scandal kinda says it all. This presidency has been a train wreck from day one.
I wonder what will come out of this whirlwind trip. I mean it's bad enough that he can't act like a grown up at home, but NOW the boy president will be speaking with world leaders. O.M.G.
If they didn't think he was NUTS before....they certainly will now. Did you see him getting off the plane yesterday?? Arriving at the palace? Trump just leaves Melania in the dust--walks ahead of her. Doesn't offer his hand to help her off the plane or out of a car. GAWD.....he's disgusting...and certainly NO gentleman.
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 20th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Yet another "unnamed source". The main stream media has lost all credibility. Nobody of any sense of reality believes a word they say now.
Woodward and Bernstein depended on "unnamed sources". Reporters do it all the time. It's a reason reporters GET sources, because they can guarantee their anonymity.
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old May 20th, 2017, 07:03 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: upnorth
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Woodward and Bernstein depended on "unnamed sources". Reporters do it all the time. It's a reason reporters GET sources, because they can guarantee their anonymity.
That sure makes it easy for them to invent news to suit their agendas.
Pilgrim is offline  
Old May 20th, 2017, 07:22 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
That sure makes it easy for them to invent news to suit their agendas.


Did they invent Watergate? How about the Pentagon Papers? Lewinsky/Clinton Affair? Serpico and the NYC corruption? Karen Silkwood and the nuclear plant?
Jeff Wigand and the cigarette companies? The Enron scandal? Just to name a few.....

Were those all invented??
Thanks from catus felis
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 20th, 2017, 10:34 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: upnorth
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Did they invent Watergate? How about the Pentagon Papers? Lewinsky/Clinton Affair? Serpico and the NYC corruption? Karen Silkwood and the nuclear plant?
Jeff Wigand and the cigarette companies? The Enron scandal? Just to name a few.....

Were those all invented??
That's an absolutist argument. I never stated that ALL news as made up.

Since you mention the Monica Lewinsky affair, it brings to mind an example of typical media conduct. During the Lewinsky affair, which the media made a great big deal out of, they mentioned just one time that Bill Clinton had sold our military secrets to China, then went right back to hours and hours of repetition of the Lewinsky affair.
Thanks from sawpits
Pilgrim is offline  
Old May 20th, 2017, 10:53 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
That's an absolutist argument. I never stated that ALL news as made up.

Since you mention the Monica Lewinsky affair, it brings to mind an example of typical media conduct. During the Lewinsky affair, which the media made a great big deal out of, they mentioned just one time that Bill Clinton had sold our military secrets to China, then went right back to hours and hours of repetition of the Lewinsky affair.


The point is this. There have been times---many many times--we the people NEEDED to hear from whistleblowers, unnamed sources, protected sources and the mainstream media. I am convinced that the more responsible newspapers and broadcast news, despite their failings, still have a vital role to play. They reach millions of people, and will continue to do so. There remains an enormous demand for ‘curated/vetted' news and opinion, covering a range of views from which the reader/viewer can draw his or her own conclusions, knowing that the facts will have been checked and will be accurate, at least most of the time.
IF we ignore or abolish the media (right or left) who will be there to seriously scrutinise the government, let alone bring to public attention uncomfortable truths such as child abuse, corruption, presidential cover-ups, toxic waste dumping, Wall St, and so on?
The media INVITES US to QUESTION--question the topic at hand and try to get at the truth.
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 20th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: upnorth
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
The point is this. There have been times---many many times--we the people NEEDED to hear from whistleblowers, unnamed sources, protected sources and the mainstream media. I am convinced that the more responsible newspapers and broadcast news, despite their failings, still have a vital role to play. They reach millions of people, and will continue to do so. There remains an enormous demand for ‘curated/vetted' news and opinion, covering a range of views from which the reader/viewer can draw his or her own conclusions, knowing that the facts will have been checked and will be accurate, at least most of the time.
IF we ignore or abolish the media (right or left) who will be there to seriously scrutinise the government, let alone bring to public attention uncomfortable truths such as child abuse, corruption, presidential cover-ups, toxic waste dumping, Wall St, and so on?
The media INVITES US to QUESTION--question the topic at hand and try to get at the truth.
Mass media is whistleblowers worst enemy.

The media is owned by the Jewish bankers which is why the media doesn't educate the public how the Federal Reserve works. Any whistleblower who goes to the media thinking he will expose the banksters will soon find himself smeared and ostracized and probably out of a job.
Pilgrim is offline  
Old May 20th, 2017, 11:52 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
That sure makes it easy for them to invent news to suit their agendas.
In the history of journalism how many times have reporters and their "unnamed sources" been vindicated vs. how many times have they been found to be "making it up"?

I would also be interested to see how the bias lies on the stuff determined to be false.
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old May 20th, 2017, 11:55 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
In the history of journalism how many times have reporters and their "unnamed sources" been vindicated vs. how many times have they been found to be "making it up"?

I would also be interested to see how the bias lies on the stuff determined to be false.
I do not have the answer to that myself. It might be interesting. But I assure that type of journalism is what the tabloids have always used. If the company you keep is any indication.
username is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
completely, fuked, house, official, trump, white



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One more reason to ban Trump from the White House GhostRider Americas 103 January 11th, 2017 11:29 AM
Background from a White House Official The White House The White House 0 December 26th, 2013 09:30 AM
Background Conference Call by White House Official on Syria The White House The White House 0 April 25th, 2013 01:10 PM
White House Releases Official Photo of Obama Shooting Sheet Jimmyb Political Humor 1 February 3rd, 2013 02:58 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.