Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree24Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Banned
 
Maverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: RV
Posts: 129
Another Presidential Threat to North Korea

How about that.
On his weekend visit to South Korea, President Clinton warned that if North Korea developed and used an atomic weapon, "we would quickly and overwhelmingly retaliate."

"It would mean the end of their country as they know it," he said.
CLINTON'S WARNING IRKS NORTH KOREA - NYTimes.com
Thanks from guy39
Maverick is offline  
Old August 9th, 2017, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,748
What's your point?
imaginethat is offline  
Old August 9th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 816
A point is being made...the Dems started their attacks against our President today, saying he should not have told N Korea basically the same thing. Attack us and face the dire consequences. However, since Clinton's statement and until know, N Korea has been working on it's nuclear weapons and the ways to deliver them. I heard one Dem today, can't remember his name, say well...it would be 2 or 3 years before they could really have enough to attack us....so we shouldn't have a President making such strong statements. Always the same...work through the diplomatic channels...I would like them to tell us what new such channels they have to work with. What success have the past administrations had, in even curtailing his nuclear program???

I can't think of anyone that wants to see any kind of nuclear attack anyplace...China may well be the only one that can stop N Korea from starting any such thing...we will see.
goodpen is online now  
Old August 9th, 2017, 07:15 PM   #4
Banned
 
Maverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: RV
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpen View Post
A point is being made...the Dems started their attacks against our President today, saying he should not have told N Korea basically the same thing. Attack us and face the dire consequences. However, since Clinton's statement and until know, N Korea has been working on it's nuclear weapons and the ways to deliver them. I heard one Dem today, can't remember his name, say well...it would be 2 or 3 years before they could really have enough to attack us....so we shouldn't have a President making such strong statements. Always the same...work through the diplomatic channels...I would like them to tell us what new such channels they have to work with. What success have the past administrations had, in even curtailing his nuclear program???

I can't think of anyone that wants to see any kind of nuclear attack anyplace...China may well be the only one that can stop N Korea from starting any such thing...we will see.


There were posters here, Nwolfe being one, attacking President Trump for his remarks. TDS is a dreadful thing.

The Trump message had multiple meanings, aimed at more than just North Korea.
Maverick is offline  
Old August 9th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
How about that.
On his weekend visit to South Korea, President Clinton warned that if North Korea developed and used an atomic weapon, "we would quickly and overwhelmingly retaliate."

"It would mean the end of their country as they know it," he said.
CLINTON'S WARNING IRKS NORTH KOREA - NYTimes.com
Key word here boys is "used." When has our policy NOT been to immediately retaliate with overwhelming force in response to such an attack???
Hollywood is offline  
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:22 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Key word here boys is "used." When has our policy NOT been to immediately retaliate with overwhelming force in response to such an attack???
I get your point, however with their continued threat to use them, I do not think we could wait, at some point someone needs to put this little punk in his place, China would be my suggestion. They will use this as leverage to, blackmail the world. What do you think we should do? The regime is not being affected by this only the already poor and suffering population who have no idea how bad their leader is.
Sensible is offline  
Old August 10th, 2017, 05:17 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
What's your point?


Mav can't defend Trump on this issue so he brings up Clinton--the other Clinton--in 1993. The typical RW maneuver.
Thanks from imaginethat and Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old August 10th, 2017, 06:31 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,078
Nothing can be done about North Korea unless the North Koreans do it themselves.

If America and the Allies tried to invade, NK will shell Seoul with hundreds to thousands of rockets, and probably would shoot a missle at Japan, Guam, or maybe even Hawaii, Alaska or Seattle. China will more or less have to be on NK's side. So will Russia. This can turn into a much wider war or conflict. Even if NK strikes first, it really doesn't matter.

It is almost impossible, like 99.9999999999999999999999999% impossible to overthrow the NK regime. it is just too locked down. In NK, one has to have an internal passport to travel anywhere. Every third person or so is an informant. There can never be enough of a dissident movement inside NK to even begin to demand any change. The best hope is the NK military, but again, survaillance is tight if not tighter on them because they are more of a threat than the common peasant uprising.

It cannot get any worse in NK than it has been. The 1990's were the penultimate in awful there, with over a million people starving to death and a common site is to walk by dead corpses in the streets, with everyone with half a brain knowing that it is the economic policies and the lack of leadership which has caused this to happen.

I think the best case scenerio is just to put the NK on trial in the United Nations. Just a call that this nation and the way it treats its people is beyond the pale and so much more harsher than anything else in the World. Many nations are not "free". I live in one, China. But in China, people are not arrested because some relative thumbed their dick at authority. Chinese can travel, including abroad, send their children abroad and has access to foreign news and views. The Chinese government does not require the people to worship them. More importantly, the Chinese EAT. As a matter of fact, I read recently that OBESITY among city dwellers is much more common.

To a NK'er and the defectors who travel through China to Thailand to get to South Korea will tell you China is a FREE COUNTRY because food is so plentiful and people can travel. But not so free because if China catches you, back to NK you go to be tortured to death.

When I have my dinner and am full and throw the small amount of my dinner away, or throwing away a shit meal like a bad pizza or bad eggs, I think of the North Koreans. But I do not see a way to their emancipation.
Thanks from Camelot
senor boogie woogie is offline  
Old August 10th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
What's your point?
"It would mean the end of their country as they know it".
caconservative is offline  
Old August 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Mav can't defend Trump on this issue so he brings up Clinton--the other Clinton--in 1993. The typical RW maneuver.
What is there to defend?
Thanks from Maverick
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
korea, north, presidential, threat



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North Korea Twisted Sister Current Events 2 April 16th, 2017 11:34 AM
North Korea Threatens Attack Over Washington, South Korea Provocations pensacola_niceman Warfare 8 March 25th, 2017 11:51 AM
What's North Korea really like. roastpork Civil Rights 7 July 2nd, 2015 01:42 PM
north korea webguy4 Current Events 25 May 9th, 2014 07:39 PM
2012 Presidential Election In Korea Is Likely To Be A Conflict With N.korea? jasonmarz Asia 3 December 22nd, 2013 10:11 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.