Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree20Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:20 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,710
Ashley Judd is a nutjob!

She thinks she is so above everyone, I do like the part about having to call her Madam, because I am guessing she runs, and works at a whorehouse.

Ashley Judd annoyed that airport security worker called her ?sweetheart.? And it only gets worse. ? TheBlaze


Ashley Judd annoyed that airport security worker called her ‘sweetheart.’ And it only gets worse.
Dave Urbanski 2 hours
Ashley Judd annoyed that airport security worker called her ‘sweetheart.’ And it only gets worse.
Outspoken feminist and actress Ashley Judd hopped on Facebook Live at an airport over the weekend to complain about the "everyday sexism" that she had to deal with. Image source: Facebook video screenshot)
119

Share
Tweet

Outspoken feminist and actress Ashley Judd — who’s made her share of headlines recently through odd public statements — hopped on Facebook Live at an airport over the weekend to complain about the “everyday sexism” she said was dealt to her.

It began with a greeting courtesy of an airport security worker.

“I was coming through security and a guy said ‘Hey sweetheart,” Judd told her viewers. “And I said, ‘I’m not your sweetheart. I am your client.’”

Judd said she simply was “setting a boundary” by pushing back. But it got worse.

“Then when I was setting my things out,” she continued, “he said, ‘Hey, nice dress.’”

Judd — clearly put off as she recounted the worker’s compliment — noted that there were no other attire compliments for any other passengers in security.

Then she said that while she was conversing with a female security worker, the man who’d been annoying her crossed the biggest line yet: He touched the actress.

Judd, 49, didn’t elaborate on how, where or for what reason the male worker touched her, but she told Facebook Live viewers it angered her.

“I didn’t see him touch anybody else. And I turned around, and I said ‘that was unnecessary.’ By that time, you know, my skin was burning, my feet are burning,” she recalled. “It’s so hard to continue to set these boundaries when someone continues to push.”

But the guy apparently wasn’t done.

“And then for good measure, he just said one more time, ‘Have a good day sweetheart,'” Judd recounted, smiling as if in disbelief.

She said her reaction was an effort to “put principles above personalities” and not meant to be “controversial” or “combative.” Judd then noted that she spoke to a manager.

Her video has been viewed nearly 2 million times since Judd posted it Saturday:

Then she posted a second Facebook Live video to update her viewers on how the chat with the manager went.

“I’m happy to report that the manager with whom I spoke immediately apologized because I had a list of items to review with him, including being called ‘sweetheart’ …” Judd said, adding that the manager apologized and said “touching someone is totally inappropriate” and that he’d have a conversation with the worker.

She said that the manager told Judd something along the lines of, “Just because 99 people don’t speak up doesn’t mean it’s OK.”

Judd’s follow-up Facebook Live video — which has been viewed 444,000 times since she posted it Saturday — got its share of positive comments among the 11,000 posted. But the following women didn’t agree with Judd’s stance.

“I’m a 54 year old married woman from Texas. And I would be flattered if I was called sweetheart. I was raised to see that as a form of respect. Proud to be a Texan!” Shanna Horton McGee wrote.

“‘Sweetheart’ is a kind and endearing word,” Allison Simmons added. “Funny how being kind is now politically incorrect! Do liberals just sit around all day and think up reasons to be offended? There are much bigger problems in the world Ashley.”

“What a horrendous attempt to stay relevant, threatening someone’s livelihood,” Ashley Marie MacGeogheagan noted. “Do you know what women are being beaten to death and having acid thrown on them? Get over yourself, SWEETHEART.”

“You tried to get a working man fired for calling you sweetheart,” Charlene Sloan Colgan said. “He probably makes $12 an hour and has to support his family. You are the epitome of an entitled elitist and you are not doing women any favors.”

Judd seems to have been drawing more ire than admiration of late.

A week before the inauguration of Republican President Donald Trump, Judd made headlines for her declaration that she was “fighting white privilege” by targeting emjois on social media.

The day after Trump took office, Judd delivered her widely lampooned “I am a nasty woman” speech at the Women’s March in Washington, D.C., declaring “I didn’t know devils could be resurrected, but I feel Hitler in these streets!”

In March, she said a man who indicated his support for Trump took a photo of her at a basketball game, which Judd said left her “very sad” and “scared.” And later that month, Judd hopped on Twitter and asked, “Are equal rights in the Constitution?”
Sensible is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:29 AM   #2
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,276
You have issues. Happiness comes from within.
Thanks from Hollywood
Camelot is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:34 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,421
Nutjob should be reserved for people who claim that they had the biggest electoral college victory since Reagan or claims that his inauguration crowd set records. Only people who claim that they coined the phrase "prime the pump" should be called nutjob. In short the term "nutjob" should be reserved for people who are obviously delusional.

Complaining about TSA agents being overly familiar or touchy feely are not nutjobs.
Thanks from catus felis, Hollywood and Clara007
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:54 AM   #4
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Nutjob should be reserved for people who claim that they had the biggest electoral college victory since Reagan or claims that his inauguration crowd set records. Only people who claim that they coined the phrase "prime the pump" should be called nutjob. In short the term "nutjob" should be reserved for people who are obviously delusional.

Complaining about TSA agents being overly familiar or touchy feely are not nutjobs.
If this is what gets him going every morning, then the dude needs a hobby...LOL
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
You have issues. Happiness comes from within.


Yes, and why in the world does incensed Sensible care about Ashley Judd and her trip through airport security?

How about world peace, a cure for cancer, our national parks, save the whales???

But nooo......let's discuss Ashley. Weirdo.
Thanks from Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:16 AM   #6
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
She thinks she is so above everyone, I do like the part about having to call her Madam, because I am guessing she runs, and works at a whorehouse.

Ashley Judd annoyed that airport security worker called her ?sweetheart.? And it only gets worse. ? TheBlaze


Ashley Judd annoyed that airport security worker called her ‘sweetheart.’ And it only gets worse.
Dave Urbanski 2 hours
Ashley Judd annoyed that airport security worker called her ‘sweetheart.’ And it only gets worse.
Outspoken feminist and actress Ashley Judd hopped on Facebook Live at an airport over the weekend to complain about the "everyday sexism" that she had to deal with. Image source: Facebook video screenshot)
119

Share
Tweet

Outspoken feminist and actress Ashley Judd — who’s made her share of headlines recently through odd public statements — hopped on Facebook Live at an airport over the weekend to complain about the “everyday sexism” she said was dealt to her.

It began with a greeting courtesy of an airport security worker.

“I was coming through security and a guy said ‘Hey sweetheart,” Judd told her viewers. “And I said, ‘I’m not your sweetheart. I am your client.’”

Judd said she simply was “setting a boundary” by pushing back. But it got worse.

“Then when I was setting my things out,” she continued, “he said, ‘Hey, nice dress.’”

Judd — clearly put off as she recounted the worker’s compliment — noted that there were no other attire compliments for any other passengers in security.

Then she said that while she was conversing with a female security worker, the man who’d been annoying her crossed the biggest line yet: He touched the actress.

Judd, 49, didn’t elaborate on how, where or for what reason the male worker touched her, but she told Facebook Live viewers it angered her.

“I didn’t see him touch anybody else. And I turned around, and I said ‘that was unnecessary.’ By that time, you know, my skin was burning, my feet are burning,” she recalled. “It’s so hard to continue to set these boundaries when someone continues to push.”

But the guy apparently wasn’t done.

“And then for good measure, he just said one more time, ‘Have a good day sweetheart,'” Judd recounted, smiling as if in disbelief.

She said her reaction was an effort to “put principles above personalities” and not meant to be “controversial” or “combative.” Judd then noted that she spoke to a manager.

Her video has been viewed nearly 2 million times since Judd posted it Saturday:

Then she posted a second Facebook Live video to update her viewers on how the chat with the manager went.

“I’m happy to report that the manager with whom I spoke immediately apologized because I had a list of items to review with him, including being called ‘sweetheart’ …” Judd said, adding that the manager apologized and said “touching someone is totally inappropriate” and that he’d have a conversation with the worker.

She said that the manager told Judd something along the lines of, “Just because 99 people don’t speak up doesn’t mean it’s OK.”

Judd’s follow-up Facebook Live video — which has been viewed 444,000 times since she posted it Saturday — got its share of positive comments among the 11,000 posted. But the following women didn’t agree with Judd’s stance.

“I’m a 54 year old married woman from Texas. And I would be flattered if I was called sweetheart. I was raised to see that as a form of respect. Proud to be a Texan!” Shanna Horton McGee wrote.

“‘Sweetheart’ is a kind and endearing word,” Allison Simmons added. “Funny how being kind is now politically incorrect! Do liberals just sit around all day and think up reasons to be offended? There are much bigger problems in the world Ashley.”

“What a horrendous attempt to stay relevant, threatening someone’s livelihood,” Ashley Marie MacGeogheagan noted. “Do you know what women are being beaten to death and having acid thrown on them? Get over yourself, SWEETHEART.”

“You tried to get a working man fired for calling you sweetheart,” Charlene Sloan Colgan said. “He probably makes $12 an hour and has to support his family. You are the epitome of an entitled elitist and you are not doing women any favors.”

Judd seems to have been drawing more ire than admiration of late.

A week before the inauguration of Republican President Donald Trump, Judd made headlines for her declaration that she was “fighting white privilege” by targeting emjois on social media.

The day after Trump took office, Judd delivered her widely lampooned “I am a nasty woman” speech at the Women’s March in Washington, D.C., declaring “I didn’t know devils could be resurrected, but I feel Hitler in these streets!”

In March, she said a man who indicated his support for Trump took a photo of her at a basketball game, which Judd said left her “very sad” and “scared.” And later that month, Judd hopped on Twitter and asked, “Are equal rights in the Constitution?”
Nothing cries louder than liberals when they are out of power.


what is she going to do in 2018 when the senate has a 6 seat GOP gain.
Thanks from guy39
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,352
It's always fun to read justifications for poor Liberal behavior.
Thanks from Sensible
caconservative is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #8
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
It's always fun to read justifications for poor Liberal behavior.
It is no different than my the excuses my 3 year old gave me when she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:34 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Yes, and why in the world does incensed Sensible care about Ashley Judd and her trip through airport security?

How about world peace, a cure for cancer, our national parks, save the whales???

But nooo......let's discuss Ashley. Weirdo.
Well she put it out there like some law was broken or something! I Loooove how she says I am your client. She tries to act like she is so much better than anyone else. She wears a P---y hat around, and wants to be treated like a lady?, like I said she is a nut job!
Sensible is offline  
Old August 11th, 2017, 08:36 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Nutjob should be reserved for people who claim that they had the biggest electoral college victory since Reagan or claims that his inauguration crowd set records. Only people who claim that they coined the phrase "prime the pump" should be called nutjob. In short the term "nutjob" should be reserved for people who are obviously delusional.

Complaining about TSA agents being overly familiar or touchy feely are not nutjobs.
The electoral victory was YUUUUUUUGE ya know! Especially since he was supposed to lose!

He touched her shoulder!!!!!!
Sensible is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
ashley, judd, nutjob



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ashley Judd talks about how mean people are on the interwebs Sabcat Political Talk 33 March 6th, 2017 05:03 PM
Nutjob Muslim shot dead after stabbing 8 people in a shopping mall in Minnesota kbear Current Events 35 September 19th, 2016 03:33 PM
Right wing nutjob hate speech GhostRider Americas 18 July 17th, 2016 03:09 PM
Can Investigation By Nutjob Truther Sherrif Be Trusted ? Camelot Current Events 27 October 3rd, 2015 11:36 AM
Josh Duggar had Ashley Madison Account !!! BubbaJones Current Events 70 August 22nd, 2015 09:50 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.