Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree137Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:24 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Nation of immigrants? We haven't been that for nearly 100 years. The vast majority of people in this country were born here. There is a reason the Democrats and RINO's are protecting illegal aliens and importing massive numbers of indigent, uneducated legal immigrants. A protected resource is a voting block to be depended on.
It has NOTHING to do with voting blocks. There's a reason even THE most conservative of conservatives aren't seriously clamoring for immigration reform or even enforcement.

IT'S ABOUT WAGES !!!!! It's about keeping the job market flooded and increasing competition among those seeking jobs. It's market manipulation. Flood the bottom income ranks with cheap labor from foreign countries and you force those already in those ranks to attempt to move up. So they go to school, gain new skills and attempt along with millions of of others to move up the income ladder only to find there just aren't that many jobs. This ripples all the way up well into the upper middle class. Look at what Disney did !!!! Brought in foreign workers at half the salary of their US people. All perfectly legal. And many companies are asking for an expansion of the H1B program so they too can bring in cheap off shore labor. And sadly people in this country barely noticed. It wasn't THEIR jobs that got outsourced.

Real wages in this country have NOT risen in nearly two decades.

You want to fix the illegal problem ?? STOP the H1B and then read ANY of my posts on prosecuting those that hire illegals. Go after the big companies first.

And here we go this just went up. http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...s-2/ar-AAr48LV
Thanks from Camelot and Hollywood

Last edited by BubbaJones; September 1st, 2017 at 10:32 AM.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:27 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Yuma Arizona has built a Wall. Crime, and smuggling down appreciably. Try telling the legal citizens of Yuma a Wall doesn't work.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:37 AM   #23
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 643
I've long believed BJ #21 is right about this.
Problem is, ostensible $Billionaire President Trump doesn't spend a lot of time in supermarket check-out lines. He doesn't really understand how illegal migrant workers keep the quality of our fresh produce high, and the costs low.

If Trump succeeded in deporting all the illegal aliens as he promised to do, our overall food budgets would jump.

Thanks BJ #21 for telling it like it is on this one.
Thanks from Camelot and Hollywood
titan is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:41 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
It has NOTHING to do with voting blocks. There's a reason even THE most conservative of conservatives aren't seriously clamoring for immigration reform or even enforcement.

IT'S ABOUT WAGES !!!!! It's about keeping the job market flooded and increasing competition among those seeking jobs. It's market manipulation. Flood the bottom income ranks with cheap labor from foreign countries and you force those already in those ranks to attempt to move up. So they go to school, gain new skills and attempt along with millions of of others to move up the income ladder only to find there just aren't that many jobs. This ripples all the way up well into the upper middle class. Look at what Disney did !!!! Brought in foreign workers at half the salary of their US people. All perfectly legal. And many companies are asking for an expansion of the H1B program so they too can bring in cheap off shore labor. And sadly people in this country barely noticed. It wasn't THEIR jobs that got outsourced.

Real wages in this country have NOT risen in nearly two decades.

You want to fix the illegal problem ?? STOP the H1B and then read ANY of my posts on prosecuting those that hire illegals. Go after the big companies first.
Until the problem of illegal alien immigration is stopped, and reversed, we will continue to lose jobs to illegal aliens at the behest of "illegal-employers". The L.A Times reported that an excess of 40% of illegal aliens are being paid under the table in cash that is not taxed. The E-verify system would curtail that problem if strict sanctions were imposed and enforced. The problem is, employers are fighting hard against that program and our gutless politicians serve only those with the money, keeping them in Washington. The Wall is only one step needed to achieve that end.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:47 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I've long believed BJ #21 is right about this.
Problem is, ostensible $Billionaire President Trump doesn't spend a lot of time in supermarket check-out lines. He doesn't really understand how illegal migrant workers keep the quality of our fresh produce high, and the costs low.

If Trump succeeded in deporting all the illegal aliens as he promised to do, our overall food budgets would jump.

Thanks BJ #21 for telling it like it is on this one.
Actually I'm going to have to disagree here. It's been a while, but some one did a study and found paying migrant field hands min wage would have only increased the price of a head of lettuce about 5 cents. Most other manually harvested foods had similarly small increases in price. Most people wouldn't even notice. It certainly wouldn't create a massive hardship for even the poorest of consumers.
Thanks from caconservative
BubbaJones is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:51 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I've long believed BJ #21 is right about this.
Problem is, ostensible $Billionaire President Trump doesn't spend a lot of time in supermarket check-out lines. He doesn't really understand how illegal migrant workers keep the quality of our fresh produce high, and the costs low.

If Trump succeeded in deporting all the illegal aliens as he promised to do, our overall food budgets would jump.

Thanks BJ #21 for telling it like it is on this one.
Your argument is built on a shaky foundation. This issue has been taken on before and, its been roundly defeated. Farmers in Central Valley CA. are already moving toward machinery that will end stoop labor. As it is, only 2% of illegal aliens work in agriculture. And that number will soon drop. Where are the rest working? Why is it that whenever we see a business raided by ICE, legal citizens are lining up for the jobs? America First isn't just a slogan, it's a reality.

Last edited by caconservative; September 1st, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:56 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Until the problem of illegal alien immigration is stopped, and reversed, we will continue to lose jobs to illegal aliens at the behest of "illegal-employers". The L.A Times reported that an excess of 40% of illegal aliens are being paid under the table in cash that is not taxed. The E-verify system would curtail that problem if strict sanctions were imposed and enforced. The problem is, employers are fighting hard against that program and our gutless politicians serve only those with the money, keeping them in Washington. The Wall is only one step needed to achieve that end.
Oh Jesus, you and that fucking wall. The wall will will fix NOTHING. 60% of the illegals in the country WALKED RIGHT THRU IMMIGRATION !!!!! They entered the country LEGALLY !! They simply over stayed their visas.

And for the other 40%, if you don't think they'll find a way over, under or around the wall, you're completely delusional. If we make it 100 feet tall, they'll make ladders 110 feet long. The only other way to stop people is to adopt East German style border patrols with orders to shoot anyone coming over. Is that really what we as a country want ?? To have our border guards acting as judge jury and executioners ??

I agree with the first part of your statement E-Verify would be an excellent start. Aggressively prosecuting those that hire illegals is step two. But the wall will be a waste of time and enormously expensive for minimal return.
Thanks from catus felis and Camelot
BubbaJones is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 11:09 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Oh Jesus, you and that fucking wall. The wall will will fix NOTHING. 60% of the illegals in the country WALKED RIGHT THRU IMMIGRATION !!!!! They entered the country LEGALLY !! They simply over stayed their visas.

And for the other 40%, if you don't think they'll find a way over, under or around the wall, you're completely delusional. If we make it 100 feet tall, they'll make ladders 110 feet long. The only other way to stop people is to adopt East German style border patrols with orders to shoot anyone coming over. Is that really what we as a country want ?? To have our border guards acting as judge jury and executioners ??

I agree with the first part of your statement E-Verify would be an excellent start. Aggressively prosecuting those that hire illegals is step two. But the wall will be a waste of time and enormously expensive for minimal return.
Wherever that Wall is, crime and smuggling are way down. That it the reality of it. Without a Wall we have a "revolving-door". Deportation is fruitless if we don't have a means of keeping them out. The ladder analogy is a joke. Unassailable Walls can be built. From what I've been reading, that is exactly what is being proposed.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 11:15 AM   #29
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Oh Jesus, you and that fucking wall. The wall will will fix NOTHING. 60% of the illegals in the country WALKED RIGHT THRU IMMIGRATION !!!!! They entered the country LEGALLY !! They simply over stayed their visas.

And for the other 40%, if you don't think they'll find a way over, under or around the wall, you're completely delusional. If we make it 100 feet tall, they'll make ladders 110 feet long. The only other way to stop people is to adopt East German style border patrols with orders to shoot anyone coming over. Is that really what we as a country want ?? To have our border guards acting as judge jury and executioners ??

I agree with the first part of your statement E-Verify would be an excellent start. Aggressively prosecuting those that hire illegals is step two. But the wall will be a waste of time and enormously expensive for minimal return.
But you would also need a prime contractor law.
RNG is offline  
Old September 1st, 2017, 12:18 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Wherever that Wall is, crime and smuggling are way down. That it the reality of it. Without a Wall we have a "revolving-door". Deportation is fruitless if we don't have a means of keeping them out. The ladder analogy is a joke. Unassailable Walls can be built. From what I've been reading, that is exactly what is being proposed.
Yuma may have seen a drop in crime, but what about the towns on either end of where the wall ends ??

What we REALLY need to do is quit letting corporate America get away with hiring them.

The last time Walmart got caught with illegals cleaning their stores, their lawyers had a meeting with ICE. They blamed it on a "subcontractor" and promised not to do it again. Bottom line, they paid more to their lawyers than they paid in fines to the government. Some low level manager lost his job. To the HALF TRILLION dollar a year corporation this didn't even count as an inconvenience.

What if instead, we treated the great Wally World the same way small companies get treated ?? What if ICE raided their head quarters and shut down every one of their 4400 stores for a a few weeks ?? What if instead of a few thousands dollars it cost them a couple hundred million ?? What if we repeated the same with Tyson Foods, AMD, maybe one of those refineries down in Texas ??
Thanks from imaginethat
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
built, wall



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Um. Should we be building The Big Wall around - uhm - Wall Street? tristanrobin Current Events 15 December 26th, 2016 02:32 AM
More riots built on a BLM lie coke Current Events 21 September 22nd, 2016 10:47 PM
Who built the pyramids? Sabcat Conspiracy Theories 11 October 7th, 2015 06:19 PM
Musk's Hyperloop Being Built RNG Science and Technology 4 March 2nd, 2015 07:46 AM
When We Still Built BIG THINGS!!! Medicine Man Science and Technology 16 October 5th, 2014 04:55 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.