Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree227Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag View Post
Short-bus, amirite?

The players have zero right to do this on the job. In fact NFL rules specify that players must be on the field, standing, helmets in their left hand, and looking at the flag during the anthem.
I'm sure you'll be happy to produce the rules to which you're referring. Thanks.
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,678
Damn, the right-wing fake news empire lies in the headline. Sanders didn't silence anyone. When she was pressed over whether it's presidential for DJT to call American citizens sons of bitches, she said:
“I think it is always appropriate for the president of the United States to defend our flag, to defend the national anthem, and to defend the men and women who fought and died to defend it.”
When she was asked again, she said,
“It is always appropriate for the president to defend our flag, to defend the national anthem. Hold on, I'm not finished. It's always appropriate for the president of this country to promote our flag, to promote our national anthem, and ask people to respect it.”
Then she cut off that line of questioning. The room WAS NOT silenced, but she got on record as saying, yes, it's just fine for the POTUS to call American citizens with whom he disagrees sons of bitches, not only maligning the players but their mothers as well.

Now, it's my understanding that the primary job responsibility for elected officials is to preserve and protect the Constitution.

A question to you, or any other patriot: Where in the Constitution is either the flag or the national anthem specified or mentioned? And one more, where is it specified that it is always appropriate for the president to defend our flag, to defend the national anthem and to promote our flag, to promote our national anthem?
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 02:59 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'm sure you'll be happy to produce the rules to which you're referring. Thanks.
The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

NFL League Rulebook A62 63 National Anthem Rule | Time.com
Thanks from Sabcat
Quigley is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:02 PM   #74
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

NFL League Rulebook A62 63 National Anthem Rule | Time.com
You just gave the LWNCs a big glass of STFU.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:03 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Damn, the right-wing fake news empire lies in the headline. Sanders didn't silence anyone. When she was pressed over whether it's presidential for DJT to call American citizens sons of bitches, she said:
“I think it is always appropriate for the president of the United States to defend our flag, to defend the national anthem, and to defend the men and women who fought and died to defend it.”
When she was asked again, she said,
“It is always appropriate for the president to defend our flag, to defend the national anthem. Hold on, I'm not finished. It's always appropriate for the president of this country to promote our flag, to promote our national anthem, and ask people to respect it.”
Then she cut off that line of questioning. The room WAS NOT silenced, but she got on record as saying, yes, it's just fine for the POTUS to call American citizens with whom he disagrees sons of bitches, not only maligning the players but their mothers as well.

Now, it's my understanding that the primary job responsibility for elected officials is to preserve and protect the Constitution.

A question to you, or any other patriot: Where in the Constitution is either the flag or the national anthem specified or mentioned? And one more, where is it specified that it is always appropriate for the president to defend our flag, to defend the national anthem and to promote our flag, to promote our national anthem?
It was not appropriate for Trump to call them SOBs.

More importantly it was not only inappropriate for Trump for to call for protesters to be fired but it may also have been illegal.
Thanks from Camelot
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:25 PM   #76
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
No, it was not illegal. And I know where you are going with that and it does not apply, sorry.

And they are SOB's for dissing the nation while at work.
Hashtag is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #77
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'm sure you'll be happy to produce the rules to which you're referring. Thanks.

Google is your friend, you could have found that already.
Hashtag is offline  
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

NFL League Rulebook A62 63 National Anthem Rule | Time.com


Facebook post about NFL Rulebook for players standing for national anthem is fake news | AL.com

http://wgntv.com/2017/09/25/do-nfl-r...tional-anthem/
Clara007 is online now  
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:51 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
My Beef is not with the players protesting, my Beef is with the NFL (Which has a government sanction monopoly) allowing them to protest while on the clock

If they go to a Racist BLM Rally, fine, that is their Right...
Apparently their employers don't have a problem with what they are doing.

Did you know that?

Or do you think the government should step in and mandate "patriotic" behavior?
goober is online now  
Old September 25th, 2017, 03:54 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I dropped my Dish Network package so to exclude the NFL network.

they are not getting a single federal Reserve note from my pocket if I can help it at all.
I'm happy with car racing and hockey, and my personal participation in one and three-wall outdoor handball.

JWK
johnwk is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
football, protest



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Football playing Bee's. !!!! MichaelT Science and Technology 4 March 10th, 2017 11:00 PM
Fantasy football Sabcat Other Religions 1 September 28th, 2014 07:40 AM
College Football! Nebraskaboy Sports 27 May 23rd, 2007 06:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.