Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree54Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:37 AM   #121
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,817
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
I got it, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. If the Baker has to bake the Coffee maker has to make. It's very simple to everyone except an abject partisan.
Again, you fail to answer the question of ON WHAT GROUNDS can they sue him...


And to explain it to you again...
Your problem is you don't understand the law. My position coincides with the law.
Being gay or being Christian does not legally mandate that you get service.
The law states that public businesses cannot refuse service because the person is gay or because the person is Christian.

If a gay person comes into a Christian owned coffee shop after putting up fliers showing Jesus engaged in sodomy and the shop owner wants to deny service, he is doing it because the gay person is an a-hole.
If a Christian person comes into a gay owned coffee shop after putting up fliers showing the below and the shop owner wants to deny service, he is doing it because the Christian person is an a-hole.
BOTH are legal.
THAT is the objectivity.

If the shop owner had said "I don't serve Christian weddings", then that is illegal. The basis of denial of service is on the characteristic of Christianity.
If the shop owner had said "I don't serve gay weddings", then that is illegal. The basis of denial of service is on the characteristic of homosexuality.


And incidentally, I've already explained this on previous pages.
This is a perfect example of how I have to type more and more words to re-explain concepts to people who refuse to listen.

People like you claim "partisan" when you don't even bother to stop and TRY to comprehend.

Last edited by foundit66; October 11th, 2017 at 07:42 AM.
foundit66 is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:37 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
I agree about the Muslim thing. If a Muslim bakery refused to serve a gay couple the left would never say a word
Horseshit, but if it makes you feel better to think that, go ahead.

Some pro-choice advocates ought to pass out pro-choice leaflets outside of a Christian coffee shop on where to get an abortion, and then later go inside for a cup.

If I was a woman the last thing on earth I'd want is an abortion, but why some people think it would be any of their business baffles me.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #123
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Again, you fail to answer the question of ON WHAT GROUNDS can they sue him...


And to explain it to you again...
Your problem is you don't understand the law. My position coincides with the law.
Being gay or being Christian does not legally mandate that you get service.
The law states that public businesses cannot refuse service because the person is gay or because the person is Christian.

If a gay person comes into a Christian owned coffee shop after putting up fliers showing Jesus engaged in sodomy and the shop owner wants to deny service, he is doing it because the gay person is an a-hole.
If a Christian person comes into a gay owned coffee shop after putting up fliers showing the below and the shop owner wants to deny service, he is doing it because the Christian person is an a-hole.
BOTH are legal.
THAT is the objectivity.

If the shop owner had said "I don't serve Christian weddings", then that is illegal. The basis of denial of service is on the characteristic of Christianity.
If the shop owner had said "I don't serve gay weddings", then that is illegal. The basis of denial of service is on the characteristic of homosexuality.


And incidentally, I've already explained this on previous pages.
This is a perfect example of how I have to type more and more words to re-explain concepts to people who refuse to listen.

People like you claim "partisan" when you don't even bother to stop and TRY to comprehend.
You aren't paying attention. No flyers were put up in is establishment OR on his property. They were in no way disruptive or loud.Perhaps that clears it up for you.
Thanks from Sensible
Quigley is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:45 AM   #124
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Horseshit, but if it makes you feel better to think that, go ahead.

Some pro-choice advocates ought to pass out pro-choice leaflets outside of a Christian coffee shop on where to get an abortion, and then later go inside for a cup.

If I was a woman the last thing on earth I'd want is an abortion, but why some people think it would be any of their business baffles me.
We would invite them in and discuss it as long as they remained civil.
Sensible is online now  
Old October 11th, 2017, 08:58 AM   #125
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,817
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
You aren't paying attention. No flyers were put up in is establishment OR on his property. They were in no way disruptive or loud.Perhaps that clears it up for you.
I am paying attention. YOU are not paying attention.
Your observation is irrelevant. THE LAW DOES NOT CARE whether or not they were putting up fliers in the coffee shop.
COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to this case.
As I have stated, THE SHOP OWNER HAS THE RIGHT to throw them out. There are actually incredibly few reasons for why shop owners can't throw them out.

It may be your personal standard, but that's not what the law says. And neither I nor the law care about your standard.
That is your standard which you can implement in your business, if you so choose.
foundit66 is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 09:08 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I am paying attention. YOU are not paying attention.
Your observation is irrelevant. THE LAW DOES NOT CARE whether or not they were putting up fliers in the coffee shop.
COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to this case.
As I have stated, THE SHOP OWNER HAS THE RIGHT to throw them out. There are actually incredibly few reasons for why shop owners can't throw them out.

It may be your personal standard, but that's not what the law says. And neither I nor the law care about your standard.
That is your standard which you can implement in your business, if you so choose.
Again, the same standard should apply to anyone who doesn't want to bake a cake for a homosexual. Your inability to admit that or lose your double standard is duly noted.
Thanks from guy39 and Sensible
Quigley is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #127
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Again, the same standard should apply to anyone who doesn't want to bake a cake for a homosexual. Your inability to admit that or lose your double standard is duly noted.
Your dishonesty is glaring.
I have repeatedly demonstrated THE SAME STANDARD EXISTS.
It's the same standard.

But let me ask you something else you can cower from.
You want to fixate on whether or not the fliers were being distributed inside the coffee shop...
For the baker that refused to sell a wedding cake to the gay couple, WERE THEY HOLDING THE WEDDING INSIDE HIS COFFEE SHOP?

Nah. Cower from honestly addressing that cause you already shot yourself in the foot.
The problem is you refuse to admit our consistency, while failing to own up to your own hypocrisy.
foundit66 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
christians, coffee, gay, kicks, offensive, owner, rant, shop



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karma kicks Trumpansy's ass GhostRider Americas 7 March 28th, 2017 12:11 AM
Jeb! kicks off campaign with Major lie goober Political Talk 30 June 24th, 2015 09:54 AM
Pizza Shop Bigots Give Hate Money To Flower shop Bigot skews13 Current Events 10 April 9th, 2015 05:03 AM
Coffee Joulies Your Coffee, Just Right RWE Science and Technology 2 April 29th, 2011 09:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.