Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree54Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
The bakers were refusing service because the couple was gay / it was for a gay wedding.

These people were told to get out because they were distributing repulsive material.

The first is illegal.
The second isn't.

If he had kicked them out because they were Christian, that would have been wrong (IMO) and illegal. But he never said he was kicking them out because they were Christian. He showed the flier as the reason why they were getting kicked out.
Yet the cake was repulsive to the bakers.
Sensible is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:42 AM   #52
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Yet the cake was repulsive to the bakers.
Has nothing to do with whether the shop-keep finds it "repulsive", in and of itself.

Refusing service because somebody is gay or it is for a gay wedding is illegal in many states. Saying "repulsive" is not a defense.
Refusing service because you find a flier repulsive is not. They were NOT refused service because of "Christianity".

If he had refused service because he thought Christianity was repulsive, then that would have been illegal.

You go to their facebook page and "photos of aborted fetuses" is exactly what you see on the first page.
https://www.facebook.com/AbolishHumanAbortion/

In fact, if you review their photos you can see exactly what they put up
https://www.facebook.com/AbolishHuma...type=3&theater

It's a match for what you can see in the video.
It's a picture of rainbow colored hands, dripping in blood that lands on an aborted fetus.
Hell yes they were putting up offensive material that was targeting both gays and showing bloody fetuses...
Thanks from imaginethat

Last edited by foundit66; October 9th, 2017 at 08:44 AM.
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:46 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Has nothing to do with whether the shop-keep finds it "repulsive", in and of itself.

Refusing service because somebody is gay or it is for a gay wedding is illegal in many states. Saying "repulsive" is not a defense.
Refusing service because you find a flier repulsive is not. They were NOT refused service because of "Christianity".

If he had refused service because he thought Christianity was repulsive, then that would have been illegal.

You go to their facebook page and "photos of aborted fetuses" is exactly what you see on the first page.
https://www.facebook.com/AbolishHumanAbortion/

In fact, if you review their photos you can see exactly what they put up
https://www.facebook.com/AbolishHuma...type=3&theater

It's a match for what you can see in the video.
It's a picture of rainbow colored hands, dripping in blood that lands on an aborted fetus.
Hell yes they were putting up offensive material that was targeting both gays and showing bloody fetuses...
Did they ask to put them up, I am guessing they were not putting them without permission? If they were simply discussing the fliers and he saw them, which is probably what happened look the other way!
Sensible is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:51 AM   #54
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Did they ask to put them up, I am guessing they were not putting them without permission? If they were simply discussing the fliers and he saw them, which is probably what happened look the other way!
I realize this will be lost on you, but the distinction does not matter under the law.

If they had put up all those fliers miles away, then the shop keep can refuse service.

1) It's not illegal. He was not denying service because they were Christian but rather because they were putting up offensive crap.

2) The fact that he had one of those fliers in his hand shows they were putting them up close enough to the shop to be transparent.


Let's face facts.
These jerk-offs went to the coffee shop to instigate a scene.
That's why they had their camera ready.
You can tell the guy with the camera was trying to throw out nice phrases to bait him.

And they should be ashamed at putting that type of garbage up in public places.
Thanks from imaginethat
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,670
So now its bad for a group to target a business? The left has a big double standard here.

Anti abortion groups trying to whip up a lawsuit and gay advocacy groups doing the same, need to be told NO in court.
Thanks from Sabcat
justoneman is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #56
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
So now its bad for a group to target a business? The left has a big double standard here.
Based on what specious reasoning you have supplied here, I could say the exact same thing about the right.
Furthermore, when I see a serious movement to revoke the Civil Rights Act application to religion and business, THEN I'll take such claims seriously.
Until then, it's rather obvious you guys want this revoked for gays while you do absolutely nothing for religious protections getting revoked...


Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Anti abortion groups trying to whip up a lawsuit and gay advocacy groups doing the same, need to be told NO in court.
What you just did is like arguing that two fruits should be rejected, while blindly overlooking the fact that one is an apple and one is an orange.

For one case, citizens of this country have chosen to enact laws which make discrimination based on sexual orientation illegal.
For the second case, citizens of this country have also chosen to enact laws which make discrimination based on religion illegal. But that's not what happened here...
There is no law against what the coffee shop owner did.

So it's really not hypocrisy to acknowledge that the apple is illegal, while the orange is not. They are two different situations. Apples and Oranges.
If you want to make the orange illegal, then pass the appropriate law.
If you want the apple to be not illegal, well I'm afraid you lost at least the first part of that battle. You'll need to pass legislation to get the laws revoked off the books. But your leaders recognize that would be problematic so it won't get attempted...

Last edited by foundit66; October 9th, 2017 at 09:44 AM.
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:20 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I realize this will be lost on you, but the distinction does not matter under the law.

If they had put up all those fliers miles away, then the shop keep can refuse service.

1) It's not illegal. He was not denying service because they were Christian but rather because they were putting up offensive crap.

2) The fact that he had one of those fliers in his hand shows they were putting them up close enough to the shop to be transparent.


Let's face facts.
These jerk-offs went to the coffee shop to instigate a scene.
That's why they had their camera ready.
You can tell the guy with the camera was trying to throw out nice phrases to bait him.

And they should be ashamed at putting that type of garbage up in public places.
Face it he had his panties in a bunch because they were Christians, they did nothing to he or his shop. Baiting him by saying nice things?

The left needs to be reminded what infanticide looks like.
Sensible is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 12:58 PM   #58
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Face it he had his panties in a bunch because they were Christians, they did nothing to he or his shop. Baiting him by saying nice things?
The left needs to be reminded what infanticide looks like.
Your dishonesty is showing...

I've already linked to the flier in question.
https://www.facebook.com/AbolishHuma...type=3&theater
It's a picture of rainbow colored hands, dripping in blood that lands on an aborted fetus.
Hell yes they were putting up offensive material that was targeting both gays and showing bloody fetuses...

You applauded that maneuver in a previous post, so don't try to play dumb and claim they "did nothing".
Trying to play nice after they started the camera is a dumb lie. The guy taking the video was asking him questions hoping he would give the response he did not give.

He did not kick them out because they were Christians.
He kicked them out because they were #^%$.
Perhaps to you, you can't tell the difference. And if that's the case, that's a sad thing because most Christians wouldn't ignore what these faux Christians were doing...
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
― Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks from imaginethat
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #59
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Based on what specious reasoning you have supplied here, I could say the exact same thing about the right.
Furthermore, when I see a serious movement to revoke the Civil Rights Act application to religion and business, THEN I'll take such claims seriously.
Until then, it's rather obvious you guys want this revoked for gays while you do absolutely nothing for religious protections getting revoked...



What you just did is like arguing that two fruits should be rejected, while blindly overlooking the fact that one is an apple and one is an orange.

For one case, citizens of this country have chosen to enact laws which make discrimination based on sexual orientation illegal.
For the second case, citizens of this country have also chosen to enact laws which make discrimination based on religion illegal. But that's not what happened here...
There is no law against what the coffee shop owner did.

So it's really not hypocrisy to acknowledge that the apple is illegal, while the orange is not. They are two different situations. Apples and Oranges.
If you want to make the orange illegal, then pass the appropriate law.
If you want the apple to be not illegal, well I'm afraid you lost at least the first part of that battle. You'll need to pass legislation to get the laws revoked off the books. But your leaders recognize that would be problematic so it won't get attempted...

Translation.

Right to refuse service to anyone

Unless you are part of what the leftists consider a protected class
Thanks from roastpork and guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:22 PM   #60
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

I have to say whenever I see somebodey put "translation"
in front of their response to my post, it invariably results in a strawman argument...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Translation.
Right to refuse service to anyone
Unless you are part of what the leftists consider a protected class
No.
Cause everybody is part of a protected class.
Christians are a protected class.

The laws state public businesses can't discriminate based on sexual orientation.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are straight.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are gay.

The laws state public businesses can't discriminate based on religion.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are Christian.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are Jewish.

The reality is that there is a list of characteristics by which people cannot discriminate. But this is obviously not an all inclusive list.


Like I already said (and I had stopped repeating it all the while recognizing somebody would pop up and fail to appreciate it),
If he had kicked them out because they were Christian, that would have been wrong (IMO) and illegal. But he never said he was kicking them out because they were Christian. He showed the flier as the reason why they were getting kicked out.
Thanks from imaginethat

Last edited by foundit66; October 9th, 2017 at 02:25 PM.
foundit66 is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
christians, coffee, gay, kicks, offensive, owner, rant, shop



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karma kicks Trumpansy's ass GhostRider Americas 7 March 28th, 2017 12:11 AM
Jeb! kicks off campaign with Major lie goober Political Talk 30 June 24th, 2015 09:54 AM
Pizza Shop Bigots Give Hate Money To Flower shop Bigot skews13 Current Events 10 April 9th, 2015 05:03 AM
Coffee Joulies Your Coffee, Just Right RWE Science and Technology 2 April 29th, 2011 09:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.