Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree54Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #61
Death to Antifa
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I have to say whenever I see somebodey put "translation"
in front of their response to my post, it invariably results in a strawman argument...



No.
Cause everybody is part of a protected class.
Christians are a protected class.

The laws state public businesses can't discriminate based on sexual orientation.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are straight.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are gay.

The laws state public businesses can't discriminate based on religion.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are Christian.
Thus, a business cannot deny service to somebody because they are Jewish.

The reality is that there is a list of characteristics by which people cannot discriminate. But this is obviously not an all inclusive list.


Like I already said (and I had stopped repeating it all the while recognizing somebody would pop up and fail to appreciate it),
If he had kicked them out because they were Christian, that would have been wrong (IMO) and illegal. But he never said he was kicking them out because they were Christian. He showed the flier as the reason why they were getting kicked out.
Oh yeah I get it now. So if the flier said Jesus saves then he still could have kicked them out because its on a flier. Makes sense.

No, not at all actually. Good try defending a hypocrisy filled double standard. About as good a try as could be done. Ranks right up there with never seeing a gay couple go to a muslim bakery with camera's flashing..
protected entities an all...
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:43 PM   #62
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Oh yeah I get it now. So if the flier said Jesus saves then he still could have kicked them out because its on a flier. Makes sense.
Actually, based on that description, no.
I would say that a court should hear the case then.
Cause in that case, it's a clear scriptural reference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
No, not at all actually.
Considering your strawman struck out, you should try again.
Next time, ask my opinion instead of guessing incorrectly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Good try defending a hypocrisy filled double standard. About as good a try as could be done. Ranks right up there with never seeing a gay couple go to a muslim bakery with camera's flashing..
protected entities an all...
Hypocrisy means that:
a) I have espoused a standard,
b) I show how I am not faithful to that standard.

You and others in this thread pull this same crap where you misrepresent my (and other) position. Trying to present a pruned down version that eliminates the actual details.
It's a bad and boring trick.

And Christians are just as protected as Muslims under the law.
The real problem for you is that Christians make up 75% of this country.
Muslims only 1%.
So it should be no surprise to rational people that the few examples of such a problem have been Christian. Based solely on statistics...
Thanks from imaginethat

Last edited by foundit66; October 9th, 2017 at 02:46 PM.
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:47 PM   #63
Death to Antifa
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Actually, based on that description, no.
I would say that a court should hear the case then.
Cause in that case, it's a clear scriptural reference.



Considering your strawman struck out, you should try again.
Next time, ask my opinion instead of guessing incorrectly.
Naww, you already stated your opinion. It was flawed from the get go. Basically you decided, in your opinion what their message of religion was or was not. Secondly they was posting it in a public place. They were not posting it in the coffee shop. Should we start up background checks on coffee customers before we serve them? Back to start for you.
guy39 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:53 PM   #64
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Naww, you already stated your opinion.
Then quote me.
Quote where I said something contradicting what I just said.

Can't do it, but you're still gonna try to save face and push your strawman argument, aintcha...


Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
It was flawed from the get go. Basically you decided, in your opinion what their message of religion was or was not.
I've already linked to the flier in question. Predictably, you've avoided even trying to allege it's "Christian based".
https://www.facebook.com/AbolishHuma...type=3&theater
It's a picture of rainbow colored hands, dripping in blood that lands on an aborted fetus.
Hell yes they were putting up offensive material that was targeting both gays and showing bloody fetuses...

And I welcome you to argue that it's a message from Christ.
Please. Make the attempt...


Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Secondly they was posting it in a public place. They were not posting it in the coffee shop. Should we start up background checks on coffee customers before we serve them? Back to start for you.
No. You need to listen to what I've actually said.
I already pointed out the location of where they put the fliers was irrelevant.
Doesn't matter whether it was in a public place or not. What really mattered was their content.

Thing is, you need to stop and change your approach.
You are arguing this with regards to how you want things to be.
I am arguing this with regards to what the law actually states.

And without surprise, you don't even try to argue about what the law actually says.
Instead, you just give your opinion and ignore everything else...
Thanks from imaginethat

Last edited by foundit66; October 9th, 2017 at 03:03 PM.
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:03 PM   #65
Death to Antifa
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Then quote me.
Quote where I said something contradicting what I just said.

Can't do it, but you're still gonna try to save face and push your strawman argument, aintcha...



I've already linked to the flier in question. Predictably, you've avoided even trying to allege it's "Christian based".
https://www.facebook.com/AbolishHuma...type=3&theater
It's a picture of rainbow colored hands, dripping in blood that lands on an aborted fetus.
Hell yes they were putting up offensive material that was targeting both gays and showing bloody fetuses...

And I welcome you to argue that it's a Christian religion message.
Please. Make the attempt...



No. You need to listen to what I've actually said.
I already pointed out the location of where they put the fliers was irrelevant.
Doesn't matter whether it was in a public place or not. What really mattered was their content.

Thing is, you need to stop and change your approach.
You are arguing this with regards to how you want things to be.
I am arguing this with regards to what the law actually states.

And without surprise, you don't even try to argue about what the law actually says.
Instead, you just give your opinion and ignore everything else...
Quote:
If he had kicked them out because they were Christian, that would have been wrong (IMO)
your opinion..have a nice day
guy39 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:05 PM   #66
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
your opinion..have a nice day
MOTO genius we got here...


Cause this would be the part where you would give your own opinion or try to refute my statements. If you were game...

Let me know if you want to try to come back to substantiate those lies about my position you were trying to push...
Thanks from imaginethat
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #67
Death to Antifa
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
MOTO genius we got here...


Cause this would be the part where you would give your own opinion or try to refute my statements. If you were game...

Let me know if you want to try to come back to substantiate those lies about my position you were trying to push...
Yeah, the fact that you in your opinion you decided that there anti-abortion flier could not be religious. That is opinion based. Furthermore there is no law that says you can deny someone a service or allow for it rather because of a religion they practice. Everything you said was predicated on the fact that the abortion flier, in your opinion, rather you stated it as or not was religious or not. Its like saying a thanksgiving dinner in the church basement is not a religious gathering, because thanksgiving is not in the bible. Have a nice day potato head.
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 03:38 PM   #68
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Yeah, the fact that you in your opinion you decided that there anti-abortion flier could not be religious.
Again with the pointless strawman arguments...
1) I never said "could not be religious".
2) I am saying this one is not Christian
3) Yet again, you refuse to even take up a position on that. Instead, you just attack me for making that assessment...

The funny thing is I could give you some precedent. Previous case examples where others tried to allege their "flier material" was protected by the first amendment when it was little more than an attack on gays.
And then they got shut down as well...


Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
That is opinion based. Furthermore there is no law that says you can deny someone a service or allow for it rather because of a religion they practice.

While we could spend a lot of meaningless time talking about laws that do not exist, I think it's better to talk about laws that DO exist and ARE RELEVANT to the case at hand.

For example, it is illegal for a public business to deny service to a customer based on the religion of that customer.
That is a law that exists.
These people were not denied service because they were Christian.

And STILL you refuse to even try to positively argue that was the case.


Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Everything you said was predicated on the fact that the abortion flier, in your opinion, rather you stated it as or not was religious or not. Its like saying a thanksgiving dinner in the church basement is not a religious gathering, because thanksgiving is not in the bible. Have a nice day potato head.
No. It's nothing like that.

Did you even bother to look at the flier I linked to?
Kindly explain what about the flier do you think makes it inherently Christian?
foundit66 is online now  
Old October 9th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 8,849
You can't refuse someone service because of what they are.
You can based on what they are doing.
You can change what you are doing, you can't change what you are.
Thanks from foundit66
goober is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 04:30 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Yet the cake was repulsive to the bakers.
a cake that was being baked by THE BAKERS was repulsive to them?

then they need a better recipe.

... or are you saying that a business now has the right to refuse service to customers because of who might be consuming the product off-site after the sale?!

yeah - let's keep up the small government goals!
Thanks from imaginethat and Hollywood
tristanrobin is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
christians, coffee, gay, kicks, offensive, owner, rant, shop



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karma kicks Trumpansy's ass GhostRider Americas 7 March 28th, 2017 12:11 AM
Jeb! kicks off campaign with Major lie goober Political Talk 30 June 24th, 2015 09:54 AM
Pizza Shop Bigots Give Hate Money To Flower shop Bigot skews13 Current Events 10 April 9th, 2015 05:03 AM
Coffee Joulies Your Coffee, Just Right RWE Science and Technology 2 April 29th, 2011 09:20 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.