Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree58Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:39 PM   #11
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
#epic!
Hashtag is offline  
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:42 PM   #12
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
You expect the President to travel to sites of natural disaster. So you have made a ridiculous thread. If he did not go to Puerto Rico you would have made a thread about how terrible it was that he did not go there.

PR did not mean Puerto Rico, it meant Public Relations in this context, read the OP again. Pence went to a football game, some players dissed the anthem, Pence left the game. Some 49'ers player said that is what systemic oppression looks like, LOL! Who fed a football player those big words?

BTW, Dolphins players were told to stand for the anthem.

Last edited by Hashtag; October 8th, 2017 at 08:45 PM.
Hashtag is offline  
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:48 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag View Post
PR did not mean Puerto Rico, it meant Public Relations in this context, read the OP again. Pence went to a football game, some players dissed the anthem, Pence left the game.

BTW, Dolphins players were told to stand for the anthem.
acht! OK I read about the VP's departure at the game now. Funny so what is the OP saying? That if the VP stayed at the game its fine but if he leaves the game it is a waste of money? Silly! I guess the Left is going to complain about Trump and his admin's travel cost at every turn. As if Republican Presidents should not travel but Democrats should.
justoneman is offline  
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #14
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
acht! OK I read about the VP's departure at the game now. Funny so what is the OP saying? That if the VP stayed at the game its fine but if he leaves the game it is a waste of money? Silly! I guess the Left is going to complain about Trump and his admin's travel cost at every turn. As if Republican Presidents should not travel but Democrats should.

Some are alleging it was a PR stunt. Allegations to the left mean fact. I don't care if it was decided upon ahead of time that Pence would leave if players dissed the nation. And Dolphins players have been told to stand. Cowboys players have been told respect the flag or you don't play.
Hashtag is offline  
Old October 8th, 2017, 08:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag View Post
Some are alleging it was a PR stunt. Allegations to the left mean fact. I don't care if it was decided upon ahead of time that Pence would leave if players dissed the nation. And Dolphins players have been told to stand. Cowboys players have been told respect the flag or you don't play.
leaving the game is a form of protest of the protesters. This is exactly what a percentage of the people (like me) are doing. I have not watched a football game for a year now because of it.
justoneman is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 05:49 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 22,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
leaving the game is a form of protest of the protesters. This is exactly what a percentage of the people (like me) are doing. I have not watched a football game for a year now because of it.
That's fine - your right, totally.

Pence's protest was paid for my YOU AND ME. I object highly to that.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:41 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
acht! OK I read about the VP's departure at the game now. Funny so what is the OP saying? That if the VP stayed at the game its fine but if he leaves the game it is a waste of money? Silly! I guess the Left is going to complain about Trump and his admin's travel cost at every turn. As if Republican Presidents should not travel but Democrats should.
The Presidents and VPs have attended sporting events in the past and I don't have a serious problem with it. Sure there is a cost involved but there is a cost involved whenever (and where ever) they travel.

My gripe here is that cost was incurred when the VP had no intention of staying for the game. He wasn't there to watch the game, he was there for the express purpose of fanning the flames of this debate. And he did it it at OUR expense. This was a public relations STUNT.

I remember a number of years ago that the Obama admin flew Air Force 1 near/over Manhatten in order for someone to get a picture of the plane and the Statue of Liberty in a single frame/shot. The RW went ballistic over the cost of using AF1 for a publicity picture. Now they are praising Pence for doing essentially the same thing.
Thanks from imaginethat
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:48 AM   #18
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Yep and according to him based on disrespect for the troops.
Except for John McCain. Or the Kahn family. Or what Mike Flynn did.
I'm really disgusted by people, typically who have never served, trying to proclaim that the action is disrespectful to our troops.

I have served and what pisses me off is a President who is disrespectful towards free speech proclaiming somebody should be fired for exercising it.

It was a veteran who talked Kaepernick into kneeling instead of sitting.
FACT CHECK: Did A U.S. Veteran Influence Kaepernick's 'Take a Knee' Protest of Police Brutality?
On 30 August 2016, the Army Times published an open letter to Kaepernick from former Seattle Seahawks player Nate Boyer, who served as a Green Beret in U.S. military actions in both Afghanistan and Iraq. In the piece, Boyer reflected on how he felt standing on the field as the anthem played during his only appearance for the Seahawks:
I thought about how far I’d come and the men I’d fought alongside who didn’t make it back. I thought about those overseas who were risking their lives at that very moment. I selfishly thought about what I had sacrificed to get to where I was, and while I knew I had little to no chance of making the Seahawks’ roster as a 34-year-old rookie, I was trying.

That moment meant so much more to me than even playing in the game did, and to be honest, if I had noticed my teammate sitting on the bench, it would have really hurt me.

I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. It’s your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.
Boyer and Kaepernick met after the open letter was published, and before San Francisco’s final preseason game on 2 September 2016 in San Diego — the first time the quarterback knelt in front of the bench instead of sitting during the anthem. Boyer posted a photograph of himself with Kaepernick following the meeting, and later said:
We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammate. Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother’s grave, you know, to show respect. When we’re on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security.
Kaepernick’s then-teammate Eric Reid joined him in kneeling for the protest prior to that game. He recalled the experience in an op-ed published by The New York Times on 25 September 2017:
After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former NFL player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.

Last edited by foundit66; October 9th, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
foundit66 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,960
And for those that confused PR in the OP with Puerto Rico, I could almost ask the same question. When a President goes to a place of a natural disaster there is a public relations component to it. It is an attempt to shine the spotlight on the disaster and hopefully galvanize the people (and their representatives) to action and providing some relief. There is also a component of surveying the area and speaking to leaders to help coordinate Federal efforts and maybe help cut red tape.

What Trump did was nothing but an attempt to get praise for himself and his administration. It was, as is almost always the case involving this narcissistic buffoon, all about HIM. The photo op of him tossing paper towels into the crowd like some guy at a concert tossing t-shirts into the audience was especially nauseating.
Thanks from imaginethat and RNG
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #20
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
And for those that confused PR in the OP with Puerto Rico, I could almost ask the same question. When a President goes to a place of a natural disaster there is a public relations component to it. It is an attempt to shine the spotlight on the disaster and hopefully galvanize the people (and their representatives) to action and providing some relief. There is also a component of surveying the area and speaking to leaders to help coordinate Federal efforts and maybe help cut red tape.

What Trump did was nothing but an attempt to get praise for himself and his administration. It was, as is almost always the case involving this narcissistic buffoon, all about HIM. The photo op of him tossing paper towels into the crowd like some guy at a concert tossing t-shirts into the audience was especially nauseating.
And boy did he tweet about how wonderful he did in and for Puerto Rico, again and again and again and again and again and again ...
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
cost, stunt



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The cost of crazy goober Politicians 2 February 25th, 2016 10:11 AM
Conservatruth Healthcare .gov Cost $634million Real Cost $70million skews13 Current Events 8 October 24th, 2013 10:25 AM
Could GOP House Budget Bill Stunt Economic Growth? npr Current Events 0 March 2nd, 2011 01:00 AM
Porn star's Senate run no stunt, fan says CNN Current Events 2 February 9th, 2009 06:23 PM
CAFTA Vote Perversion; DIRTY POLITICAL STUNT! onlyoneplanet Political Talk 18 July 30th, 2005 12:56 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.