Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree78Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Two things

You obviously didn't take the post in context, but that's how you roll. Second you assume I think the shootings were justified. I invite you to prove that. As far as your word usage you just like to see yourself type. You are obviously very impressed with yourself.
Nice back-pedaling.
Thanks from Clara007
Hollywood is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:24 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Just going to pretend that SCOTUS never happened, huh? ...
Hey handsome, stick to where I am talking to you. It makes more sense.
Quigley is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #83
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
You claim "Why" he was running away is relevant.
HOW do you justify that claim?

You really don't seem to grasp that THE REQUIREMENT IS ON THE SHOOTER to justify why shooting somebody is valid.
Instead, you ask mindless questions and pretend that not answering them somehow means the other side is wrong.

If he was being a threat to the cop, the cop has a right to defend himself.
That's one justifiable use of force.
If he was being a threat to others, that would be another reason justifiable use of force.



Are hypotheticals somehow an argument now?
Is that what actually happened?
No.

So how about you make an actual argument instead of this b.s. pretense that asking a question that I think you yourself probably don't know somehow is an argument...

It would be a profoundly screwed up society if we put the impetus on the victim to justify their actions while getting shot by the cops.
If you haven't figured out by now (or can't) that this is NOT how our government or society work, then I don't know what could be done for you...


I did not ask the question i am simply pointing out that it is a valid question. One that will come up and be taken into account during the inquiry. To think otherwise is silly.
Sabcat is online now  
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Honey you didn't read it and it made you look silly. 16 out 29 said they thought he'd put them up after he'd been shot.

Sorry, read your sources or I'll make you look silly.


You already LOOK SILLY. As I said, you're an idiot!

"More than 50 percent of the witness statements said that Michael Brown held his hands up when Darren Wilson shot him. (16 out of 29 such statements)"

WHEN. NOT. AFTER.
Clara007 is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:50 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
nuttyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmette. Illinois
Posts: 3,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
No! That is a lie, why was he running form the Police?
That's why we have courts, and a legal system! Police must stop using dead force as a first resort, unless there is clear evidence of the threat of harm to themselves or innocent civilians!
Unarmed man running away does not fit that definition, in my opinion.
Reason to pursue and question? Sure. I have no problem with that. I just don't see why deadly force had to be the choice of this officer, and so many others!
nuttyjoe is offline  
Old October 13th, 2017, 03:18 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
You already LOOK SILLY. As I said, you're an idiot!

"More than 50 percent of the witness statements said that Michael Brown held his hands up when Darren Wilson shot him. (16 out of 29 such statements)"

WHEN. NOT. AFTER.
Was that before or after he tried to take the police officers wweapon?
Sensible is offline  
Old October 13th, 2017, 04:23 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Was that before or after he tried to take the police officers wweapon?


Source? LINK??
Thanks from right to left
Clara007 is offline  
Old October 13th, 2017, 05:41 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Source? LINK??
Try to keep up sweetie!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c25a7fdc0257
Sensible is offline  
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #89
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,811
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I did not ask the question i am simply pointing out that it is a valid question. One that will come up and be taken into account during the inquiry. To think otherwise is silly.
As I have shown, regarding the issue of whether the officer is justified to shoot...
Your question is completely irrelevant to that issue.

So yes. I expect the question will be answered.
But it does not matter regarding the question of whether or not the officer involved should go to jail.
foundit66 is offline  
Old October 13th, 2017, 09:55 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post


No need to be snippy. Posters on DTT have been reminded (repeatedly) to include sources with their statements.

Thank you for the link. I had not read this summary of the autopsy.
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
bodycam, footage, man, police, runs, shoot, shows, utah



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5 more shoot at DC police. tallagator Current Events 0 July 12th, 2016 01:14 PM
Woman facing charges after police shoot, kill dog IronFist Current Events 5 August 1st, 2015 10:21 AM
Illegal immigrant vows to join ISIS and shoot police officers. TNVolunteer73 Current Events 136 September 21st, 2014 08:41 AM
Fresh CCTV footage shows brutality of Westgate attackers imaginethat Current Events 1 October 17th, 2013 08:06 PM
BBC Footage Shows Report On 911 Attack Describing Building #7's Collaspe...23 Minutes intangible child Crime and Punishment 1 August 3rd, 2009 04:36 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.