Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree6Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2017, 09:08 PM   #1
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,422
Penguins Visit White House

Quote:

One of the most common things you’ll hear regarding the Penguins’ visit to the White House is that it’s about tradition.

"We respect the office of the president and the White House, and the history and tradition of the championship team getting invited to the White House," coach Mike Sullivan said last month, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“I think it's more about the fact that we won the championship, and it's tradition to go to the White House,” forward Conor Sheary said recently, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “It has nothing to do with who's the president or what decisions he's making.”

.




http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...9MHIJKVqUN7_sr
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Sabcat is online now  
Old October 11th, 2017, 12:08 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Penguins got class. My old shipmate in Tampa was a stalwart Lightning fan but said he hates all ice hockey. J.T. Brown, a Lightning player gave the black power salute during the national anthem. I don't know if J.T. Brown was standing or not.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 12:27 AM   #3
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Penguins got class. My old shipmate in Tampa was a stalwart Lightning fan but said he hates all ice hockey. J.T. Brown, a Lightning player gave the black power salute during the national anthem. I don't know if J.T. Brown was standing or not.
Being from the Midwest hockey is everyplace, it's in the blood here. My father and uncles all played well into their 50s. There are always pick up games. At some of the lakes here there are public skates in the warming houses. My mother would not let me play when I was young. I was to violent she said.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Sabcat is online now  
Old October 11th, 2017, 12:54 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Being from the Midwest hockey is everyplace, it's in the blood here. My father and uncles all played well into their 50s. There are always pick up games. At some of the lakes here there are public skates in the warming houses. My mother would not let me play when I was young. I was to violent she said.
When a teenager I played ice hockey on ponds and creeks and I know for a fact that tempers flare. I was the only one who wore figure skates when the others wore hockey skates. Figure skates were an advantage because I could turn on a dime and take off fast. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day...
Thanks from Sabcat and Hollywood
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 04:08 AM   #5
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 712
Quote:
"Being from the Midwest hockey is everyplace, it's in the blood here." Sc
Stay out of Canada, eh.

Meanwhile, I didn't see #87, Sid Crosby in the crowd.

dood can play
titan is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 04:23 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Stay out of Canada, eh.

Meanwhile, I didn't see #87, Sid Crosby in the crowd.

dood can play
Canadians don't skate! The Columbus Blue Jackets have a real cannon they fire off when they make a goal. A tall and husky Ohio State football player just joined the Jacks and got his first goal in his first game.

and here come the Buckeyes
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:15 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
When a teenager I played ice hockey on ponds and creeks and I know for a fact that tempers flare. I was the only one who wore figure skates when the others wore hockey skates. Figure skates were an advantage because I could turn on a dime and take off fast. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, we'd sing and dance forever and a day...
Bah, God made ice for one reason and one reason only, to keep my tea cold.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Hollywood is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Bah, God made ice for one reason and one reason only, to keep my tea cold.
Lace up your skates as tight as you can to help your ankles which take the brunt of it. These days they have battery powered skate heaters when your tootsies get cold. Heavy wool socks worked good for me.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:35 AM   #9
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 712
"God made ice for one reason and one reason only, to keep my tea cold." H #7
Quote:
"There are many who hold that things break about even in life for all of us. I have observed for example that we all get the same amount of ice. The rich who get it in the Summertime, the poor who get it in the Winter." attributed to Bat Masterson / DP/ZGT
Thanks from Hollywood
titan is offline  
Old October 11th, 2017, 07:11 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Lace up your skates as tight as you can to help your ankles which take the brunt of it. These days they have battery powered skate heaters when your tootsies get cold. Heavy wool socks worked good for me.
Man, I can get cold just thinking about the possibility of getting cold. Memphis is plenty far enough north for me. In fact, i usually spend the coldest month(s) of the year in mexico or visiting my oldest sonand his family in Florida
Hollywood is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
house, penguins, visit, white



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WHITE HOUSE VIDEO MESSAGE: Executive Director of the White House Initiative on Educat The White House The White House 0 August 24th, 2013 08:00 AM
Democratic Governors Visit White House npr Current Events 0 February 25th, 2011 12:00 PM
Motown Legends Visit White House npr Current Events 0 February 24th, 2011 12:00 PM
China leader to visit White House this week msnbc.com Current Events 1 January 17th, 2011 04:15 PM
White House could cancel Karzai visit CNN Current Events 2 April 6th, 2010 12:51 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.