Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree28Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:17 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
It's their own damn fault.

If they were white they could have all the help they needed.
Puerto Ricans are overwhelmingly White. More then three quarters of the population is White.
Thanks from Hashtag
Marcus Livius is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:28 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Livius View Post
Puerto Ricans are overwhelmingly White. More then three quarters of the population is White.
Thanks. Racism isn't a part of this discussion.

Elitism is.

"Would you drink it? Really? I wouldn't."

Fat-assed elitism, raw.

Last edited by imaginethat; October 12th, 2017 at 09:30 AM.
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #13
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 26,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Well, Puerto Ricans are like Americans - they come in all colors LOL. But, multi-generational Puerto Ricans are brown - like Hispanics. Some people consider Mexicans white, too - but not the Republicans, nor Trump and the Trumpanzees.
I think titan's remark was a sarcastic comment on the fact that the list of possible choices for race or ethnicity or whatever term the US census used last time for Puerto Ricans only had white, black, oriental and such. Hispanic, or Latino were not an option and the default left was white.

Hashtag in another thread used that data to prove that racism (or culturalism if you want to get picky) was not a factor in the shit stick PR was handed since "the majority of Puerto Ricans are white".
Thanks from imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,998
If you have ever wondered why Puerto Rico has constantly turned down independence, now you know.
caconservative is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
If you have ever wondered why Puerto Rico has constantly turned down independence, now you know.
Wait, people want to not be a part of the US?

Why would that be?
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
They should have known they were going to get hammered by a category 4 hurricane!
What does that mean ??
BubbaJones is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
They should have known they were going to get hammered by a category 4 hurricane!


I know you are joking.....BUT....using the same logic, Texas and Florida should have known THEY were going to get hammered, but we don't hear Prez Dotard saying "WE can't keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in Texas and Florida forever!"

DO WE???

Does Donny KNOW these people are Americans? Has anyone bothered to tell him??
Clara007 is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 11:53 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I know you are joking.....BUT....using the same logic, Texas and Florida should have known THEY were going to get hammered, but we don't hear Prez Dotard saying "WE can't keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in Texas and Florida forever!"

DO WE???

Does Donny KNOW these people are Americans? Has anyone bothered to tell him??
Look Clara, Puerto Ricans are, technically I guess, "real" Americans, sorta, but see Clara, Puerto Rico itself is an island surrounded by big water, and the mayor of San Juan sucks. Big Time. Very Big Time. So, we can't help them forever. Plus, you wait and see. Another hurricane will hit PR sooner or later. So....

¿Entiendes ahora mi amor?
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #19
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
It's their own damn fault.

If they were white they could have all the help they needed.
Wait, if they were white, wait...what?



Quote:



Puerto Rico Demographics Profile 2017




Ethnic groups white 75.8%, black/African American 12.4%, other 8.5%

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...s9-NhMI94XHsYs
Thanks from Hashtag
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #20
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Wait, people want to not be a part of the US?

Why would that be?
Money.
Sabcat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
acknowledge, food, officials, privately, puerto, rico, serious, shortage



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Puerto Rico goober Americas 49 October 2nd, 2017 03:15 PM
Don The Con Stiffed Puerto Rico As Well Camelot Current Events 91 October 2nd, 2017 01:39 PM
Puerto Rico statehood. justoneman Current Events 9 June 12th, 2017 10:29 AM
Joe Puerto Rico Gets Screwed RNG Debt 5 August 4th, 2015 02:12 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.