Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree62Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2017, 02:56 PM   #11
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,745
Idk anyone who idolizes Harvey Weinstein. I didn't even know who he was until a couple of days ago.

Either way fuck him, he's a rapist.
Thanks from imaginethat, Panther and Sabcat
Gordy is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:00 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 22,384
Well, I knew who he was ... he and Spielberg are probably the two biggest producers in Hollywood. In fact, Weinstein may be even bigger, as his business has actually gone public and Spielberg is still a sole proprietorship.

But, I never heard anybody accuse him of anything, so I don't know what people wanted to have reported before this.

Having spent almost 50 years in the theatre, sexual harassment and intimidation is nothing new to me. It happens - when you're young it's kinda scary and you don't know what to do - when you're older, you just are bored by it.
Thanks from Clara007
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
The media doesn't cover it?!

You can't open a magazine, newspaper, website or hear a radio station without hearing about Harvey.

What is there to discuss?
Whatever takes the spotlight off of the latest idiotic tweet from Trump.

Because, as we all know, it's far more important to pay attention to the failings of a deposed Hollywood executive than to the failings of the still in power President of the United States.
Thanks from imaginethat

Last edited by Nwolfe35; October 12th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:12 PM   #14
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,635
There is plenty to discuss. Like rampant sexual harrassments, sex assualts, rapes, pedophilia, intimidations and censorships, culture of apathy to victims and blaming them and ect and ect... All tied to the power of high placed individuals having a long history of destroying the careers of the far weaker people down the totem pole. Democrat or republicans alike. Stuff like this is what hollywood lectures middle america on but fails to practice what they preach.

Its so bad there that it is an open secret no one has done squat about because of the powet of hollywood. We're so focused on washington that we've neglected the babylon on the west coat!😮

Heres something for us to come together on. If a person is truly serious about common ground.
Thanks from imaginethat and Sabcat
Panther is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:14 PM   #15
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Whatever takes the spotlight off of the latest idiotic tweet from Trump.

Because, as we all know, it's far more important to pay attention to the failings of a deposed Hollywood executive than to the failings of the still in power President of the United States.
For f#cks sake.
Thanks from Hashtag
Panther is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:16 PM   #16
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
Tristanrobin, thy name is hypocrisy.

This is only the tip of the iceberg as well. Bezos covered up?

Rose McGowan lashes out at Jeff Bezos, says 'HW' raped her | Daily Mail Online
Thanks from guy39
Hashtag is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:16 PM   #17
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post

Having spent almost 50 years in the theatre, sexual harassment and intimidation is nothing new to me. It happens - when you're young it's kinda scary and you don't know what to do - when you're older, you just are bored by it.
Why is it a boring subject in the entertainment industry, but a punishable offense outside of it?
Thanks from Sabcat
Panther is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
The media doesn't cover it?!

You can't open a magazine, newspaper, website or hear a radio station without hearing about Harvey.

What is there to discuss?


Sabcat has his own little world where there are no magazines, newspapers or websites, UNLESS it is RebelsRUs.com.
Clara007 is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:20 PM   #19
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
There is plenty to discuss. Like rampant sexual harrassments, sex assualts, rapes, pedophilia, intimidations and censorships, culture of apathy to victims and blaming them and ect and ect... All tied to the power of high placed individuals having a long history of destroying the careers of the far weaker people down the totem pole. Democrat or republicans alike. Stuff like this is what hollywood lectures middle america on but fails to practice what they preach.

Its so bad there that it is an open secret no one has done squat about because of the powet of hollywood. We're so focused on washington that we've neglected the babylon on the west coat!😮

Heres something for us to come together on. If a person is truly serious about common ground.



Regressives are playing their usual games. Look at multiple posts by tristanrobin, and then this Nwolfe who cries "Trump". They cannot discuss this.

Note that many have been asking why now, as this has been known about Weinstein for decades. Well, it knocked the Las Vegas shooting off the headlines. Deep state?
Thanks from Sabcat
Hashtag is offline  
Old October 12th, 2017, 03:22 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,583
Thanks from imaginethat, RNG and Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
harvey



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody affected by Harvey? pensacola_niceman Environment 23 September 5th, 2017 09:32 AM
Jesus Was Shot by Lee Harvey Oswald in the 1300's Franklin Political Humor 0 July 28th, 2015 12:17 PM
A Paul Harvey Moment RNG Economics 0 April 30th, 2014 12:26 PM
Lee Harvey Oswald Proved Innocent! Martin Timothy Conspiracy Theories 11 October 7th, 2013 01:24 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.