Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree23Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
US 'to put nuclear bombers on 24-hour alert' for first time since Cold War

Another promise kept. Unlike other pussy presidents, Trump has threatened that nuclear war is on the table right now.

Here are his actions to back up the threats.

US 'to put nuclear bombers on 24-hour alert' for first time since Cold War

The United States is preparing to put nuclear bomber planes on 24-hour alert for the first time since the Cold War, a senior Air Force official has said.

A fleet of B-52s laden with nuclear weapons could soon be readied to launch within a day's notice amid growing tensions with North Korea.

General David Goldfein, Air Force Chief of Staff, said US military leaders were being forced to adapt to "the reality of the global situation we find ourselves in".

...“This is yet one more step in ensuring that we’re prepared,” he said during a tour of Air Force bases home to nuclear bombers. "I look at it more as not planning for any specific event, but more for the reality of the global situation we find ourselves in and how we ensure we’re prepared going forward.”

...On Sunday, Mr Trump said the US was "prepared for anything" over the North Korea nuclear crisis.

"We'll see what happens... We are so prepared, like you wouldn't believe," he told Fox News....


US 'to put nuclear bombers on 24-hour alert' for first time since Cold War | The Independent
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Political Agnostic
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Another promise kept. Unlike other pussy presidents, Trump has threatened that nuclear war is on the table right now.

Here are his actions to back up the threats.

US 'to put nuclear bombers on 24-hour alert' for first time since Cold War

The United States is preparing to put nuclear bomber planes on 24-hour alert for the first time since the Cold War, a senior Air Force official has said.

A fleet of B-52s laden with nuclear weapons could soon be readied to launch within a day's notice amid growing tensions with North Korea.

General David Goldfein, Air Force Chief of Staff, said US military leaders were being forced to adapt to "the reality of the global situation we find ourselves in".

...“This is yet one more step in ensuring that we’re prepared,” he said during a tour of Air Force bases home to nuclear bombers. "I look at it more as not planning for any specific event, but more for the reality of the global situation we find ourselves in and how we ensure we’re prepared going forward.”

...On Sunday, Mr Trump said the US was "prepared for anything" over the North Korea nuclear crisis.

"We'll see what happens... We are so prepared, like you wouldn't believe," he told Fox News....


US 'to put nuclear bombers on 24-hour alert' for first time since Cold War | The Independent
I've been posting this info all over.
He also:
Put all troops in SK on alert
Signed a directive that will allow the AF to recall up to 100 "retired" pilots.
Sent another Carrier over there.

There is also a training exercise on how to cope with an EMP attack scheduled Nov 4th.
Quigley is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
I've been posting this info all over.
He also:
Put all troops in SK on alert
Signed a directive that will allow the AF to recall up to 100 "retired" pilots.
Sent another Carrier over there.

There is also a training exercise on how to cope with an EMP attack scheduled Nov 4th.
That's 1,000 pilots.

Well the battle with ISIS seems to be winding down. Gotta keep some kind of neocon shit going somewhere....
Thanks from Sabcat and Gordy
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:50 AM   #4
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,553
I've been saying for some time, that things are more dangerous now than they were during almost the entirety of the Cold War.
For one thing, back then there were rules to the 'game' of dealing with hostile or competing nations. Now it's just about demagoguing adversaries. Well, once you've said "Little Rocketman is a madman who has to be stopped," where do you go from there? If, as it seems, North Korea is not backing down, will Trump back down or will he keep pushing until he starts a war that's guaranteed to go nuclear with unknown consequences. After all, do we know how China will react if they feel the US has caused the war by refusal to talk or negotiate with their adversary?

But, it would be a mistake to believe that this is all caused by Trump! Obama sold the one trillion dollar nuclear buildup and placed NATO troops all around Russia and has encircled China with hostile forces and carrier fleets. Obama just picked up the ball where Dubya had left it, and now it's in Donald's hands!
Thanks from Gordy
right to left is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:52 AM   #5
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,976
It just seems like Trump is practicing Brinkmanship. Both sides are bluffing.
Thanks from right to left
Gordy is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #6
Political Agnostic
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
I've been saying for some time, that things are more dangerous now than they were during almost the entirety of the Cold War.
For one thing, back then there were rules to the 'game' of dealing with hostile or competing nations. Now it's just about demagoguing adversaries. Well, once you've said "Little Rocketman is a madman who has to be stopped," where do you go from there? If, as it seems, North Korea is not backing down, will Trump back down or will he keep pushing until he starts a war that's guaranteed to go nuclear with unknown consequences. After all, do we know how China will react if they feel the US has caused the war by refusal to talk or negotiate with their adversary?

But, it would be a mistake to believe that this is all caused by Trump! Obama sold the one trillion dollar nuclear buildup and placed NATO troops all around Russia and has encircled China with hostile forces and carrier fleets. Obama just picked up the ball where Dubya had left it, and now it's in Donald's hands!
The banks play the tune and young men like yourself die for it.
Quigley is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:57 AM   #7
Political Agnostic
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
It just seems like Trump is practicing Brinkmanship. Both sides are bluffing.
Unfortunately, they aren't.
Quigley is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 12:02 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
I've been saying for some time, that things are more dangerous now than they were during almost the entirety of the Cold War.
For one thing, back then there were rules to the 'game' of dealing with hostile or competing nations. Now it's just about demagoguing adversaries. Well, once you've said "Little Rocketman is a madman who has to be stopped," where do you go from there? If, as it seems, North Korea is not backing down, will Trump back down or will he keep pushing until he starts a war that's guaranteed to go nuclear with unknown consequences. After all, do we know how China will react if they feel the US has caused the war by refusal to talk or negotiate with their adversary?

But, it would be a mistake to believe that this is all caused by Trump! Obama sold the one trillion dollar nuclear buildup and placed NATO troops all around Russia and has encircled China with hostile forces and carrier fleets. Obama just picked up the ball where Dubya had left it, and now it's in Donald's hands!
Yep, and he's on the 40, the 30, dives, spins, the 20, the 10............
Thanks from right to left
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 12:04 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
The banks play the tune and young men like yourself die for it.
Wars are started by rich old men and fought by poor young ones.
Thanks from Gordy
Hollywood is offline  
Old October 25th, 2017, 12:06 PM   #10
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Unfortunately, they aren't.
Then why haven't they carried out any of their threats yet?
Gordy is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
24hour, alert, bombers, cold, nuclear, put, time, war



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U.S. wants more U.N. sanctions over North Korea’s nuclear arms, warns time is short imaginethat Current Events 4 April 30th, 2017 10:24 AM
‘Israel needs to find the right time to stop Iran’s nuclear program’ imaginethat Current Events 18 April 15th, 2015 12:20 AM
It's Time To Go Nuclear In The Senate skews13 Current Events 9 November 15th, 2013 03:04 PM
Cold War Nuclear Workers Spurned by Federals intangible child Political Talk 1 July 22nd, 2008 11:48 AM
It's time to rid world of nuclear weapons, Obama says CNN Current Events 2 July 16th, 2008 07:48 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.