Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree45Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:21 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,413
When child sex isn't rape: French to set age of consent

PARIS (AP) ó Is a 13-year-old girl old enough to agree to sex with an adult? That's a question France is asking itself as the government prepares to set a legal age for sexual consent for the first time.

Twice in recent weeks, French courts refused to prosecute grown men for rape after they had sex with 11-year-olds because authorities couldn't prove coercion. Amid public horror, the government is drafting a bill to say sex with children under a certain age is by definition coercive.

Feminist groups plan a protest Tuesday to argue the age should be set at 15. Justice Minister Nicole Belloubet says 13 "is worth considering."


https://www.yahoo.com/news/child-sex...105241781.html

Alrighty then.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:40 AM   #2
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,851
They could use the Roy Moore standard.

Roy Moore Cast The Sole Vote In Favor Of A Man Who Raped A Four-Year-Old

In a case of a 17 year old buggering a 4 year old, Moore was the only judge ruling against conviction. His reason:

Quote:
Because there was no evidence in this case of an implied threat of serious physical injury…or of an implied threat of death, Higdon cannot be convicted of sodomy in the first degree “by forcible compulsion.”
Thanks to Clara for this. She posted it in one of the Moore threads.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...four-year-old/
Thanks from Camelot and Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,413
Off topic.
Thanks from Broken Arrow

Last edited by imaginethat; November 14th, 2017 at 11:06 AM.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:51 AM   #4
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Off topic.
It relates to what age is capable of evaluating situations like that. It makes it very relevant.

Your hero being shown to be despicable shouldn't get in the way of further input into what the French might use to establish an age of consent.

Last edited by imaginethat; November 14th, 2017 at 11:06 AM.
RNG is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #5
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
It relates to what age is capable of evaluating situations like that. It makes it very relevant.

Your hero being shown to be despicable shouldn't get in the way of further input into what the French might use to establish an age of consent.
Canít these right wingers find a woman their own age ? Why are they so fixated on pre-pubescent girls ? Itís kind of sick to watch.
Camelot is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 10:58 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
It relates to what age is capable of evaluating situations like that. It makes it very relevant.

Your hero being shown to be despicable shouldn't get in the way of further input into what the French might use to establish an age of consent.
I'd again challenge you to actually quote where I've defended any of them, you can't and that makes you a liar. (shrugs) The fact that you don't see anything wrong with having sex with children speaks volumes about you.
Quigley is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Your lack of a moral compass is what keeps you from understanding the point. Sorry.
So, explain what your point is. Maybe you can be of help in resetting my "moral compass." Don't be so shy.
Hollywood is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #8
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Canít these right wingers find a woman their own age ? Why are they so fixated on pre-pubescent girls ? Itís kind of sick to watch.
Here! Here!
Thanks from tristanrobin and Hollywood
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In a house
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Canít these right wingers find a woman their own age ? Why are they so fixated on pre-pubescent girls ? Itís kind of sick to watch.
Now this thread is about right wingers? Amazing.
Thanks from imaginethat
BS Filter is offline  
Old November 14th, 2017, 11:17 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Black Hills
Posts: 95
It is the left which is working on lowering the age of consent. It us the next frontier for them. Ruth Bader Ginsburg has talked about it, recommended the age of 12.

| National Review

Thanks for the OP, note the leftist replies.
Thanks from BS Filter
Broken Arrow is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
age, child, consent, french, rape, set, sex



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Child rape Assembly Line Pilgrim Current Events 5 September 8th, 2017 09:57 AM
Child Rape Case Against Trump Clara007 Political Talk 56 November 5th, 2016 09:08 AM
age of consent webguy4 Education 9 October 16th, 2013 11:42 AM
Age of consent and child porn in the US. Nienna Crime and Punishment 18 September 21st, 2013 07:31 PM
Catholics sanction child rape when they give to the church waitingtables Religion 37 June 14th, 2012 02:21 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.