Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree56Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,142
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post


Jesus Christ, reality is optional to Trump acolytes. Here's what Obama said, in context:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn't – look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

In context it's clear that Obama was referring to infrastructure. But here we are five years later and you are still repeating the out of context comment and drawing the wrong conclusions.



Now you really cranked me up....the more I think about this the madder I get...Anybody who would say this and agree with it, never built a business.. This kind of thinking is a classic example of the condescending arrogant logic of the left....

Infrastructure.....Bullshit!!....I am paying for that with my taxes....Here in PA. we some of the highest gas taxes in the USA....and the worst roads.. Electric"...pay that....Schools??..Pay that through absorbent school taxes....Police??...Fire Department??... Pay that through County Taxes

Did someone teach me""....Yeah, but it was up to me to absorb it and apply it.. I started my first business in 1978, because of the severe recession that the Nixon and Carter Administration did much to worsen...And one thing I learned real quick....The Government is not your friend ... Get employees??....The Government decides you are their tax collector.... I saw the loans necessary to expand a successful operation go to minorities, thanks to the government... And then I saw it fail....Why??....Could not get the loans to capitalize a fast growing (in a recession) operation....What did I do??...Collect unemployment??....Oh No.....You were self employed...I built from nothing....Again!!

That's reality dude...and for some sleazy community organizer to say "You did not build that"....Is highly offensive...Fuckin Marxist Bastard he is..

See what you lefties can not comprehend is that the economy is all about confidence....Obama killed the confidence....the economy flat-lined.... Trump gets elected and confidence returns and things start picking up
Jimgorn is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 10:29 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat;1121725.
You took it the wrong way because you didn't want no damned liberal president. You wanted to take it the wrong way. You couldn't see it except in the wrong wa.
I don't think I took it wrong way....Like your ilk wants to read Trump's mind, Obama's was a lot easier.... To say something like this one must have an arrogant belief that government is more important than the people...That the people are incapable of looking out for themselves.. This is bedrock Socialism ideology....

If I took it the wrong was it was because of my real life experience in starting and financing business'....Obama has none....Trump does... I took it the right way...Obama's ideas would hurt this country.....and as the economy heats up...it proves me correct....

The biggest thing your side dreads is that the economy comes roaring back in the next 3 years.. The left wants the country to fail....Their maniacal hatred for Trump is that bas...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:07 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
I don't think I took it wrong way....Like your ilk wants to read Trump's mind, Obama's was a lot easier.... To say something like this one must have an arrogant belief that government is more important than the people...That the people are incapable of looking out for themselves.. This is bedrock Socialism ideology....

If I took it the wrong was it was because of my real life experience in starting and financing business'....Obama has none....Trump does... I took it the right way...Obama's ideas would hurt this country.....and as the economy heats up...it proves me correct....

The biggest thing your side dreads is that the economy comes roaring back in the next 3 years.. The left wants the country to fail....Their maniacal hatred for Trump is that bas...


Well...now you are just being ridiculous. The LEFT does not want this country to fail. Don't you think Liberals are business owners? Don't you think they want success too? Don't you think THEY have families to support? Government is essential for all kinds of reasons, but that doesn't mean it's the BE ALL or END ALL of life as we know it.

I was a small business owner and I never thought for a minute that I built it by myself. I had a partner. I had a construction crew. I had employees. I had help with financing. I had the IDEA, but it took a lot of other people to get the business up and running successfully.

I hope Trump knows what he's doing and I hope the country continues to thrive. My objection to Trump is his immoral, deceitful, unethical, nastiness and his abject ignorance and inexperience.

If the stock market keeps going up up up---then I'm thrilled because my investments will go up up up....which means I MAY have something to leave to my sons and grandson. It also means that our retirement will be comfortable, so stop making silly comments like we want the country to fail--not true.
Thanks from imaginethat and Hollywood
Clara007 is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post


Jesus Christ, reality is optional to Trump acolytes. Here's what Obama said, in context:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn't – look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

In context it's clear that Obama was referring to infrastructure. But here we are five years later and you are still repeating the out of context comment and drawing the wrong conclusions.



Now you really cranked me up....the more I think about this the madder I get...Anybody who would say this and agree with it, never built a business.. This kind of thinking is a classic example of the condescending arrogant logic of the left....
Jim's world. I've started four businesses, my first in 1974. Put that in your equation.

Quote:
Infrastructure.....Bullshit!!....I am paying for that with my taxes....Here in PA. we some of the highest gas taxes in the USA....and the worst roads.. Electric"...pay that....Schools??..Pay that through absorbent school taxes....Police??...Fire Department??... Pay that through County Taxes

Did someone teach me""....Yeah, but it was up to me to absorb it and apply it.. I started my first business in 1978, because of the severe recession that the Nixon and Carter Administration did much to worsen...And one thing I learned real quick....The Government is not your friend ... Get employees??....The Government decides you are their tax collector.... I saw the loans necessary to expand a successful operation go to minorities, thanks to the government... And then I saw it fail....Why??....Could not get the loans to capitalize a fast growing (in a recession) operation....What did I do??...Collect unemployment??....Oh No.....You were self employed...I built from nothing....Again!!

That's reality dude...and for some sleazy community organizer to say "You did not build that"....Is highly offensive...Fuckin Marxist Bastard he is..

See what you lefties can not comprehend is that the economy is all about confidence....Obama killed the confidence....the economy flat-lined.... Trump gets elected and confidence returns and things start picking up.
ODS is sad.
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Jim's world. I've started four businesses, my first in 1974. Put that in your equation
Lots of Liberals have started business'.....But I will never understand how anyone can consider the Government as an asset. What Obama said was dead wrong...period!!
Jimgorn is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:05 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Lots of Liberals have started business'.....But I will never understand how anyone can consider the Government as an asset. What Obama said was dead wrong...period!!


Don't you think you are over-reacting just a bit? Why all the drama? So you think Obama was wrong....so....what?

You have a difference of opinion. Is that some new experience for you or does everyone agree with you in Jim's World?

I happen to agree with Obama, because I understand what he was trying to say BUT you apparently see things differently.
I don't understand why you're so mad.
Clara007 is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:07 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Lots of Liberals have started business'.....But I will never understand how anyone can consider the Government as an asset. What Obama said was dead wrong...period!!
Why? Simple enough question , why do you think it is so wrong? Be specific.
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:13 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
I don't understand why you're so mad.
For the same reason people (media) got so mad because they heard Trump say that the protesters at Charolette VA. were the trouble makers....When he said "Both sides were responsible for the rioting"...Or Kevin McCarthy saying that The Benghazi Investigations were only intended to hurt Hillary politically ....The left constantly finds some offense in whatever the right says but when their clown says things that are extremely offensive to the right. it's "Oh no he did not say that".....The Government does not help anybody.....We all pay for what we get from the Government....excessively!!
Jimgorn is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:21 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Why? Simple enough question , why do you think it is so wrong? Be specific.
I answered that several times...pay attention....This country's great wealth was created by entrepreneurs.....Even the wealthiest of the wealthy started with some little guy someplace with an idea, worked like a mule, took risk and expanded their investments.. It is the protection of that idea (property) that was the basis of our Constitution....Only a hard core Marxist/Socialist would try to say that the wealth is created because of the Government provided all these benefits....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:37 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
For the same reason people (media) got so mad because they heard Trump say that the protesters at Charolette VA. were the trouble makers....When he said "Both sides were responsible for the rioting"...Or Kevin McCarthy saying that The Benghazi Investigations were only intended to hurt Hillary politically ....The left constantly finds some offense in whatever the right says but when their clown says things that are extremely offensive to the right. it's "Oh no he did not say that".....The Government does not help anybody.....We all pay for what we get from the Government....excessively!!


You know what? Some of the things you say are stunning.

The Government does not help anybody. HUH??

So our military hasn't helped you? Our public schools haven't helped you? Did you PAY for the military to help you during WWII...? Did you pay for the highways and bridges built 50 years ago? When Paul Ryan's (Speaker of the House) father died at the age of 55 of a heart attack, Paul was 16 years old. Until he was 18, Ryan received Social Security payments, which, according to a lengthy profile in WI Magazine, he put away for college. The eventual budget czar attended Miami University in Ohio to earn a B.A. in economics and political science, and landed a congressional internship as a junior.

Ryan’s congressional ascent, all the way to the top spot on the Budget Committee, began with his Social Security-funded college education.

Did Paul pay for those SS death benefits? This is just one example of how people succeed with HELP from somewhere or someone. Generations before us paved the way--literally.

What Trump says is usually stupid and his Charlotte statement is a perfect example.
Thanks from iolo, RNG and Hollywood
Clara007 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
ability, mental, questined, questioned



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poverty can sap people's ability to think clearly work in progress Social Issues 3 September 1st, 2013 06:13 PM
Why Was Hillary Barely Questioned? excalibur Current Events 1 May 12th, 2013 02:53 PM
Rep. Giffords Regains Ability To Speak npr Current Events 6 February 15th, 2011 06:31 AM
Enquiry Demands the Ability to Formulate Questions coberst Philosophy 0 September 22nd, 2008 12:42 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.