Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree56Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:22 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
This speech was an insight into the mind of the Obama...You read it your way and I'll read it mine..... I have many friends who are small businessmen and they agree with my opinion...

Now, back to my tranquility....trust me I am quite calm.....I am merely asking why it is OK for the media to become outraged because they misread something like Trump's comments on the rioters at Charlottsville VA..(as a precursor to Trump's insanity)....Yet it is wrong for the right to see a Socialist tint to what Obama says..??
Your post is an insight into you. You've been frothing at the mouth for two days or so now due to the fact that you have been seething with anger for five years and suffering from ODS for longer than that.

And you say, trust me I am quite calm.

Oh yeah.

Disconnected from reality.

As for the right to see a Socialist tint to what Obama says, you're incapable of seeing anything else, by choice.
imaginethat is online now  
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #72
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
This speech was an insight into the mind of the Obama...You read it your way and I'll read it mine..... I have many friends who are small businessmen and they agree with my opinion...

Now, back to my tranquility....trust me I am quite calm.....I am merely asking why it is OK for the media to become outraged because they misread something like Trump's comments on the rioters at Charlottsville VA..(as a precursor to Trump's insanity)....Yet it is wrong for the right to see a Socialist tint to what Obama says..??
Jim, i applaud your patience but you have to realize that these are people who have in just the last few days have paraded their support of the federal governments massive land grabs and their beliefs that the state literally owns the rights to all wealth earned by American citizens. It is an individualist vs collectivist argument.
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #73
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
How many times is it going to take to show you that your interpretation of what Obama said is wrong?

Earlier I noted, government provides infrastructure. You said bullshit, I pay taxes for roads, etc. OK. How many inches of the nearby interstate highway did your taxes finance?

Henceforth, in running your business you are limited to driving on the inches your taxes paid for.

That's the way this "I'm an island," Ayn Randian, "I don't need nobody," faux anarchist political drama that you've signed onto ought to work, to hold true to the drama you've chosen.

Obama was talking about working together, and the many good things we enjoy that are the product of working together. Of course, to a "I'm an island," Ayn Randian, "I don't need nobody," faux anarchist that equals socialism/communism.

Every drop of gas i buy has excessive taxes build into the price that are theoretically earmarked for the roads.

Next.
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:57 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Every drop of gas i buy has excessive taxes build into the price that are theoretically earmarked for the roads.

Next.
So what? Did the taxes YOU paid build the entire road? NO?
Then I'd say a whole bunch of drivers worked together.
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:37 AM   #75
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Fail......There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me – because they want to give something back. They know they didn't – look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something – there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business – you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.
The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.


That was too easy.....
That was ignorant. You seize on the same line and ignore everything else. You choose to ignore the context because it doesn’t suit your myopic pre-conditioned talking point.
Camelot is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Every drop of gas i buy has excessive taxes build into the price that are theoretically earmarked for the roads.

Next.
Well, I really feel for you bud. In Colorado, we have excellent roads and excellent snow removal.

Your problem sounds like a state problem, and a "I'm an island," Ayn Randian, "I don't need nobody," faux anarchist problem.

Good luck fixing it.
Thanks from Camelot and Hollywood
imaginethat is online now  
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #77
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Well, I really feel for you bud. In Colorado, we have excellent roads and excellent snow removal.

Your problem sounds like a state problem, and a "I'm an island," Ayn Randian, "I don't need nobody," faux anarchist problem.

Good luck fixing it.
That is nice. Are we not talking about fuer obama?

You are now talking about how your state maintains the roads w/ in that state.


Thanks for furthering my point.

Carry on w/ your soviet propaganda



(Someone just read the cliffnotes for one of rands books..ohhhh now he sounds like the camel rider)

Last edited by Sabcat; December 7th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #78
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
That is nice. Are we not talking about fuer obama?

You are now talking about how your state maintains the roads w/ in that state.


Thanks for furthering my point.

Carry on w/ your soviet propaganda



(Someone just read the cliffnotes for one of rands books..ohhhh now he sounds like the camel rider)
What's a "fuer?" WHAT "soviet" propaganda?
BTW, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) has not existed for some time now. Hadn't you heard?
Thanks from imaginethat
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Jim, i applaud your patience but you have to realize that these are people who have in just the last few days have paraded their support of the federal governments massive land grabs and their beliefs that the state literally owns the rights to all wealth earned by American citizens. It is an individualist vs collectivist argument.
I know....I exposed the leftist goon-squad for what it is..(Big Government advocates) they resorted to Obama Derangement Syndrome and "frothing at the mouth" and a bunch of other silly insults (when I called one of the cretins "Numbnutz", that really upset the snowflake)...I dropped the subject..

And they say that Trump and his supporters are insane.....projection is their problem...
Thanks from Sabcat
Jimgorn is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:40 AM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
That was ignorant. You seize on the same line and ignore everything else. You choose to ignore the context because it doesn’t suit your myopic pre-conditioned talking point.
If you would pay attention....I said "I listened to the speech in July, 2012.. Live....Did you??....It has a lot to do with the tone and tenor of Obama's speech that shows his abject contempt for the individual entrepreneur....Very Un-American....

btw....weren't you the one that went on, and on, and on for weeks about the Kevin McCarthy interview with Sean Hannity, where he allegedly claimed the Benghazi Investigation was only intended to hurt Hillary politically......
Thanks from Sabcat
Jimgorn is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
ability, mental, questined, questioned



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poverty can sap people's ability to think clearly work in progress Social Issues 3 September 1st, 2013 06:13 PM
Why Was Hillary Barely Questioned? excalibur Current Events 1 May 12th, 2013 02:53 PM
Rep. Giffords Regains Ability To Speak npr Current Events 6 February 15th, 2011 06:31 AM
Enquiry Demands the Ability to Formulate Questions coberst Philosophy 0 September 22nd, 2008 12:42 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.