Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree2Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #1
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 709
Early reports Conyers has resigned his congressional office. I wouldn't declare Demo

Early reports Conyers has resigned his congressional office.

I wouldn't declare Democrats "pure" because of this.

BUT !!

It's an interesting contrast to Judge Roy Moore, who not only is doubling down.
But has also recently received endorsement of the U.S. president (R-NY).

AND !!

Defiant State voters that assert:
we're not going to allow Washington (DC) dictate to us.
Quote:
“You claim the mantle of the party of family values, and this is the guy you nominate”. President Obama commenting on the Republican party's nomination of Donald Trump (during headline news of Trump boasting about inappropriate behavior w/ women) FOX / Google 16/10/13
titan is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #2
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,336
Quote:
Roland B. Hedley Jr.‏
@RealRBHJr

Breaking: Out of touch DNC, scrambling to update values, broaden outreach to GOP voters, may run several unqualified pedophiles in pilot project.
9:31 AM - 5 Dec 2017
https://twitter.com/RealRBHJr/status/938098553217585152
RNG is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:32 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Early reports Conyers has resigned his congressional office.

I wouldn't declare Democrats "pure" because of this.

BUT !!

It's an interesting contrast to Judge Roy Moore, who not only is doubling down.
But has also recently received endorsement of the U.S. president (R-NY).

AND !!

Defiant State voters that assert:
we're not going to allow Washington (DC) dictate to us.
Why would Moore resign if he has donenothing Conyers is near dead so they could spare him to be thrown to the wolves to try and point fingers at Moore this is nothing else but pandering
Sensible is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Early reports Conyers has resigned his congressional office.

I wouldn't declare Democrats "pure" because of this.

BUT !!

It's an interesting contrast to Judge Roy Moore, who not only is doubling down.
But has also recently received endorsement of the U.S. president (R-NY).

AND !!

Defiant State voters that assert:
we're not going to allow Washington (DC) dictate to us.


Not surprising at all about Conyers...and of course he will "SWEAR" his resignation has nothing to do with the assault charges.

THE GOP is taking quite a gamble on Moore. Even if Alabama DOES elect Roy, they have to live with the consequences and controversy. Now, maybe Alabama doesn't care, but the GOP SENATE should care.
If Roy doesn't behave himself, this endorsement will come back to bite them in the rear over and over....OR....
Maybe the American people have just given up on moral/ethical lawmakers and presidents.
Clara007 is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 12:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,379
I'm hoping these women will go after Conyers in civil court.
caconservative is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 12:44 PM   #6
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 709
Quote:
"Why would Moore resign if he has donenothing" S #3
The question presumes Moore has "donenothing" (sic). We already know that's not the case.
IN A COURT OF LAW the legal standard is: "innocent until proven guilty".
In elections to public office, there are other more appropriate standards; you know,
like the one where Conyers VOLUNTARILY resigned.

The reasoning would be:
- As a candidate endorsed by the political party of "family values" (self-proclaimed),
- with multiple credible officials deeming the allegations against Moore credible
- in light of Moore allegedly having been banned from a shopping mall for inappropriate behavior consistent with these allegations of pedophilia, and
- Moore's own statements, such as that he wouldn't date an under-aged girl without her mother's permission, there's ample reason to doubt Moore's "family values" credentials; as well as ample reason to doubt Moore's suitability for the office.

But then, it's a matter of ethics.
And generally, when matters of ethics have to be explained,
even the best of explanations won't suffice.
Quote:
"Not surprising at all about Conyers...and of course he will "SWEAR" his resignation has nothing to do with the assault charges." C0 #4
I wish you had a $million to put in escrow to bet on that.
I'd gladly take that bet.

I can't imagine any other reason for Conyers to suddenly leave office. I know of no indication this career politician didn't intend to complete his elected term.
Quitting part way through is the exception, not the rule.
titan is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 01:06 PM   #7
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Why would Moore resign if he has donenothing Conyers is near dead so they could spare him to be thrown to the wolves to try and point fingers at Moore this is nothing else but pandering
The discussion about Moore and his fitness to serve revolves totally on his inappropriate relationships with young girls (to phrase it gently).

But this seems to have buried the fact that he has blatantly and with great pride violated the constitution and openly states that he plans to continue doing so even though he has not once but twice been punted from his state's supreme court for doing exactly that.

That alone should render him ineligible for any position above the status of garbageperson.

With apologies to garbagepersons.
RNG is offline  
Old December 5th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
I'm hoping these women will go after Conyers in civil court.
They have already received settlements, which I would assume preclude court action.

The point should be made that Conyer's settlements represent one tenth of one percent of the money that the taxpayers have paid for settlements of sexual harassment actions against congressmen.

Why not list all the settlements? Put some sunshine on the process.

Conyers' resignation leaves 99.9% of the problem untouched.
Thanks from RNG and Libertine

Last edited by goober; December 5th, 2017 at 01:17 PM.
goober is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:26 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
The discussion about Moore and his fitness to serve revolves totally on his inappropriate relationships with young girls (to phrase it gently).

But this seems to have buried the fact that he has blatantly and with great pride violated the constitution and openly states that he plans to continue doing so even though he has not once but twice been punted from his state's supreme court for doing exactly that.

That alone should render him ineligible for any position above the status of garbageperson.

With apologies to garbagepersons.
You keep saying he violated the constitution, when? No proof he has done anything with underage Girls. Next allegations are not proof
Sensible is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 04:29 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
The question presumes Moore has "donenothing" (sic). We already know that's not the case.
IN A COURT OF LAW the legal standard is: "innocent until proven guilty".
In elections to public office, there are other more appropriate standards; you know,
like the one where Conyers VOLUNTARILY resigned.

The reasoning would be:
- As a candidate endorsed by the political party of "family values" (self-proclaimed),
- with multiple credible officials deeming the allegations against Moore credible
- in light of Moore allegedly having been banned from a shopping mall for inappropriate behavior consistent with these allegations of pedophilia, and
- Moore's own statements, such as that he wouldn't date an under-aged girl without her mother's permission, there's ample reason to doubt Moore's "family values" credentials; as well as ample reason to doubt Moore's suitability for the office.

But then, it's a matter of ethics.
And generally, when matters of ethics have to be explained,
even the best of explanations won't suffice.

I wish you had a $million to put in escrow to bet on that.
I'd gladly take that bet.

I can't imagine any other reason for Conyers to suddenly leave office. I know of no indication this career politician didn't intend to complete his elected term.
Quitting part way through is the exception, not the rule.
Allegedly does not mean guilty my friend, if he is guilty I would want him to resign, this is nothing but a political smear.
Sensible is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
congressional, conyers, declare, demo, early, office, reports, resigned



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pelosi: Conyers Deserves 'Due Processs' Quigley Political Talk 39 December 2nd, 2017 11:57 AM
Huge German Demo Demands End to anti-Russian Warmongering katsung47 Current Events 2 December 27th, 2014 04:47 PM
Whites Are The Only Demo Important To Republicans skews13 Current Events 50 February 14th, 2014 12:12 PM
Statement by the Press Secretary on the Congressional Budget Office’s Score of Common The White House The White House 0 June 18th, 2013 04:11 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.