Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree57Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:25 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Kelvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Franken has sort of owned up to things. He is not a murderer. It should be up to the voters to vote him out of office next election. I think Franken is being railroaded.

Bob Packwood years ago.
Kelvin is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:34 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
Bob Packwood years ago.
Threatened with expulsion from the US Senate before he resigned.
Neil is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Interesting. Who do you think might be trying to railroad him & why do you think they're trying to railroad him? I have just been kinda assuming that the timing has been turning out very bad for him & figured that someone came across the photo and started circulating it at a time when this kind of issue is a hot & rather sensitive topic.

I agree that voters should decide, but maybe they did some surveys, focus groups, internal polling, or whatever and determined based on their results (their/them being his state's political party organization or what not) that the best thing is for him to step down, if that's what he ends up doing.
I think the democrats want to influence the election in Alabama to stop Moore from winning there. It is a close race. If they can get a Democrat in that seat it would be a major coup. If they cannot manage that at least they can beat the morality drum in 2018.
Thanks from Sabcat and Jimgorn
justoneman is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:43 PM   #14
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
I think the democrats want to influence the election in Alabama to stop Moore from winning there. It is a close race. If they can get a Democrat in that seat it would be a major coup. If they cannot manage that at least they can beat the morality drum in 2018.
As i said before they missed their chance to claim the moral high ground when they all rallied behind those guys and it would have cost them nothing to toss them under the bus. Now they have realized the flaw in their actions and are playing catch up. Unfortunately it is obviously transparent what they are doing, but they will still attempt to claim the high ground even though it is nothing but an empty political gesture.

Good job leftists.
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 05:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
I think the democrats want to influence the election in Alabama to stop Moore from winning there. It is a close race. If they can get a Democrat in that seat it would be a major coup. If they cannot manage that at least they can beat the morality drum in 2018.
Ah, ok. I thought you had something more dramatic in mind. LOL

Yeah, I think this is probably what most people people would concur with even though they don't really bring it up very much.

Personally I don't care much for Moore because he's a religious kook. I have nothing against the average normal person who's religious (and leaves everyone else alone), I only have a problem with the religious nutters who get in office and try to take advantage of their position to impose their religion on everyone else, or those who support that sort of thing.

Aside from the religious stuff, I'd rather have someone like Roy Moore because his position on issues closely align or overlap with libertarian positions, so for that reason I'm sort of preferring to see Moore win the election, but just barely.

As far as allegations against Roy Moore, I don't know what to think one way or another about whether they're accurate & true, or a distortion of the facts & character assassination attempts by the media. Unfortunately (or fortunately for him), there's no photo, audio, or video of an incident that carries the same weight as the photo of Franken does, even though in the end what Franken is shown doing in the photo can probably be chalked up to a joke that didn't really cause any serious harm.
Thanks from justoneman
Neil is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Ah, ok. I thought you had something more dramatic in mind. LOL

Yeah, I think this is probably what most people people would concur with even though they don't really bring it up very much.

Personally I don't care much for Moore because he's a religious kook. I have nothing against the average normal person who's religious (and leaves everyone else alone), I only have a problem with the religious nutters who get in office and try to take advantage of their position to impose their religion on everyone else, or those who support that sort of thing.

Aside from the religious stuff, I'd rather have someone like Roy Moore because his position on issues closely align or overlap with libertarian positions, so for that reason I'm sort of preferring to see Moore win the election, but just barely.

As far as allegations against Roy Moore, I don't know what to think one way or another about whether they're accurate & true, or a distortion of the facts & character assassination attempts by the media. Unfortunately (or fortunately for him), there's no photo, audio, or video of an incident that carries the same weight as the photo of Franken does, even though in the end what Franken is shown doing in the photo can probably be chalked up to a joke that didn't really cause any serious harm.
I agree with everything you said especially the last paragraph. The photo of Franken is not as terrible as is being made out. As far as Moore and the accusations, They have statute of limitations for a reason. Facts get forgotten and or distorted in peoples minds over decades. Teenage girls can make up stuff to be "cool" and the lie can be twisted into truth in their minds over time.
justoneman is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:06 PM   #17
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,113
“Likely”??? To resign?
webguy4 is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:27 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Interesting. Who do you think might be trying to railroad him & why do you think they're trying to railroad him? I have just been kinda assuming that the timing has been turning out very bad for him & figured that someone came across the photo and started circulating it at a time when this kind of issue is a hot & rather sensitive topic.

I agree that voters should decide, but maybe they did some surveys, focus groups, internal polling, or whatever and determined based on their results (their/them being his state's political party organization or what not) that the best thing is for him to step down, if that's what he ends up doing.

EDIT:

Are you alluding to Ted Kennedy, when you say Franken's not a murderer?
The elected Dems are railroading him. They threw him and Conyers under the bus so that they can pretend they have the high ground while they they throw more toilets tissues about Trump against the wall.
Thanks from Sabcat and justoneman
Marcus Livius is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:34 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,551
Minnesota has Democratic governor, so he appoints a Democrat to the seat, they got some talent on the bench ready to step up.

And the contrast with a party getting behind a smarmy child molester is not going to hurt in 2018.
goober is online now  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Minnesota has Democratic governor, so he appoints a Democrat to the seat, they got some talent on the bench ready to step up.
....
Yes and the Dems know that Franken is the small potatoes because he can be easily be replaced with another Socialist, no problem. But if they can put a Socialist into the Alabama Senator seat that would be a major coup. Anything they can do to try to make that happen. Time is running out. The next shoe must drop very fast.
Thanks from Sabcat and Jimgorn
justoneman is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
franken, resign



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Listened to Al Franken's mike goodpen Current Events 24 November 29th, 2017 09:55 AM
Al Franken question justoneman Current Events 40 November 27th, 2017 09:38 AM
Al Franken: From SNL to satirist to senator CNN Current Events 4 July 6th, 2009 02:53 PM
Al Franken competitive! Katczinsky Politicians 4 November 1st, 2008 03:55 PM
Al Franken running for Senate Katczinsky Politicians 1 February 14th, 2007 07:57 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.