Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree57Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:41 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Yes and the Dems know that Franken is the small potatoes because he can be easily be replaced with another Socialist, no problem. But if they can put a Socialist into the Alabama Senator seat that would be a major coup. Anything they can do to try to make that happen. Time is running out. The next shoe must drop very fast.
Roy Moore is a gift no matter how that election turns out.
Either we get a seat next week, or we got a child molester as the face of the GOP in 2018, and that's worth a dozen more seats.
Thanks from Clara007
goober is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:55 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Roy Moore is a gift no matter how that election turns out.
Either we get a seat next week, or we got a child molester as the face of the GOP in 2018, and that's worth a dozen more seats.
So you understand the strategy of eliminating Franken. Cool.
Thanks from Sabcat
justoneman is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:57 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
So you understand the strategy of eliminating Franken. Cool.
And you support a child molester for the Senate, cool...
goober is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 08:06 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
And you support a child molester for the Senate, cool...
I support Moore in the absence of any admittance of guilt or any evidence that he is lying.
Thanks from Jimgorn and Sensible
justoneman is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 03:22 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
I support Moore in the absence of any admittance of guilt or any evidence that he is lying.
That's what I said, you are just going through the mental gymnastics required for you to support a child molester for political office.
There is plenty of evidence that he is lying, but you don't have to believe that.

It speaks to your character and the character of your party.
Moore is not the first predator you've supported, and he won't be the last.
goober is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:07 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,250
When people are accused of a crime but not charged with a crime psople are supposed to assume innocence. People assuming guilt are going through mental gymnastics.
Thanks from Sabcat and Sensible
justoneman is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:11 AM   #27
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 709
g #25
Quote:
“You claim the mantle of the party of family values, and this is the guy you nominate”. President Obama commenting on the Republican party's nomination of Donald Trump (during headline news of Trump boasting about inappropriate behavior w/ women) FOX / Google 16/10/13
Interesting to see how tolerance of such crime festers and breeds within the GOP.
As Obama observes, Republicans have chosen Trump, an admitted molester.
And now the president Republicans chose has endorsed Judge Roy Moore, the candidate banned from the mall for inappropriate behavior. The candidate that said in his own defense he wouldn't date a minor without her mother's permission.

I don't consider the Democrats pure on this.

BUT !!

Compared to Republicans, Democrats don't look quite so bad on this score.
Thanks from Camelot and Clara007
titan is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:23 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post

YUP! The GOP is spending money in order to get Roy Moore elected because they are the biggest hypocrites in the history of this country. I honestly thought (for a short time) that they would make an attempt (however small) to block Moore's bid for the Senate, but nope. The minute Prez Grabber, accused by at least 12 women of assault, admitted he'd rather have a sexual predator LIKE HIMSELF than a Democrat, looky who jumped on the Trump garbage truck.
AND where are the GOP women--the GOP senators who are WOMEN? Why don't they speak up? I'm ashamed of them.

Here's just ONE of the problems with people like Trump and Moore. Their party gives them an inch and they take a mile. Their party leaders show not a shred of decency. Men like Trump and Moore will continue to TAKE what they want in this world and be supported for it. It's disgusting.

Whatever happened to standing up for what is RIGHT? What is decent? The GOP has completely lost its way.
Thanks from imaginethat and iolo
Clara007 is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:10 AM   #29
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 709
Quote:
"I honestly thought (for a short time) that they would make an attempt (however small) to block Moore's bid for the Senate, but nope." C0
I thought both Speaker Ryan (R) and Majority Leader McConnell (R) were on record as publicly opposing Moore.
Perhaps as process guys, they understand better than most that putting Moore into office isn't the end of their woes, merely the beginning.
There would then be ethics probes, and tenacious distractions drawing attention from their political agenda.
Quote:
"The GOP has completely lost its way." C0
I heartily concur, and have said so myself.

I blame GWB.
I believe, in 2008, it's not that:
- Obama won, or that
- McCain lost; but that
the electorate voted NO! on the Republican party. That's a punishment for Bush lying U.S. into War, etc.

Seems to have worked out fairly well, as Obama seems to have been the substantially better president than either Republican (Bush or Trump).

What I'd like to know; will Liz (Pocahontas) Warren get the Dem. nom. in 2020.
She's an impressive debater.
Problem is, debating against a guy like Trump that just makes up his own "facts" to suit him on spur of moment, is as challenging as herding cats.
Thanks from imaginethat and Clara007
titan is offline  
Old December 7th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 9,586
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
When people are accused of a crime but not charged with a crime psople are supposed to assume innocence. People assuming guilt are going through mental gymnastics.
Wrong.
People can judge based on what they know.
Presumed innocence is the standard for a jury.
Moore is obviously a guy who spent a lot of time chasing young girls. I believe the women, because they have all the hallmarks of truth, Moore is obviously lying.
You know that, you just choose to ignore it.
Thanks from imaginethat and Clara007
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
franken, resign



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Listened to Al Franken's mike goodpen Current Events 24 November 29th, 2017 09:55 AM
Al Franken question justoneman Current Events 40 November 27th, 2017 09:38 AM
Al Franken: From SNL to satirist to senator CNN Current Events 4 July 6th, 2009 02:53 PM
Al Franken competitive! Katczinsky Politicians 4 November 1st, 2008 03:55 PM
Al Franken running for Senate Katczinsky Politicians 1 February 14th, 2007 07:57 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.