Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree74Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:50 PM   #61
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No it's not.


I love your chart, 1880 to 2019 (LAST TIME I LOOKED we were in 201.

now when that is said, the trend for the last 20 years in your graph (Because apparently did not read what I said THE LAST 20 YEARS THERE HAS BEEN NO WARMING OR COOLING.. the trend is flat

Lets NARROW that to the period of time I stated.

If you look the last 20 years of your GRAPH 1997-2017 THE TREND IS FLAT EVEN



Has there been warming since 1880. WHY YES.. beause in 1880 was in the height of the LITTLE ICE AGE.. the DALON MINIMUM ended and we began entering the MODERN MAXIMUM solar period.
Thanks from Libertarian Guy
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
As I have said many times before I'm not convinced that humans are the SOLE source of global warming. But 7 plus billion people eating, shitting, breathing, building houses and commuting to work, the farms and grazing lands that are needed to support them, more than a billion cars and trucks roaming the planet along with millions of factories spewing god knows what, not to mention strip mining, soil erosion and deforestation in parts of the world, we HAVE To be having an impact on the environment.

How much does that effect the temps and rain in the Sahara ?? I don't know. What we DO know is that there is a direct link between the Sahara and the hurricanes and typhoons that roam a surprisingly large part of the world. Not just those that hit the US but depressions that hop across mexico or central America and pick up strength in the Pacific.

In the wet years, the grass and plants retake the edge of the Sahara, effectively shrinking the dessert. The rain and the foliage keeps the dust down RAISING the temperatures which fuels higher wind speeds, that feed off the moisture spooling up larger more dangerous storms.

In the dry years, the dessert expands, the border retreats, winds pick up the dust (which can travel all the way across the Atlantic). In Africa however the dust acts like a sun shield, reducing temps and thus reducing the winds. Reduced winds and less available humidity mean smaller less frequent storms.

However even a small front leaving the cost of Africa can, if the conditions are right, turn into a cat 5 monster by the time it crosses the Atlantic. Like wise even if it stays nothing more than a depression, it can move across the Atlantic, straight through the Gulf of Mexico, hit the narrow parts of Mexico or central America, get into the Pacific and start gaining strength.

If global warming reduces the rain in Africa GREAT, we get fewer and smaller storms. If at the same time it raises the temp in the southern Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico, then we get a Katrina, a Harvey or a Maria. 2017 was a VERY active year.

So very sorry, but we are FAR from proving climate change a hoax !!! We may not fully understand it yet. We may never fully understand it. But to think that humans and our activity are NOT having a substantial impact on our planet is just pure fucking stupidity.
Human activities for sure aren't the only factor affecting the climate, but presently they are. The current level of atmospheric CO2 is unprecedented in the last 10,000 years.



Or, the last 400,000 years.



And, the rate of increase is increasing as more people have cars and air conditioners, among the other modern conveniences everyone on earth has been watching on American TV and movies and wanting. Two of the most dynamic economies on the planet, China and India, also are the two most populous.

Yet, deniers still think they've made a really strong point by saying: Ah ha ha, they had to change it from global warming to climate change, ha, ha, ha.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:07 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I love your chart, 1880 to 2019 (LAST TIME I LOOKED we were in 201.

now when that is said, the trend for the last 20 years in your graph (Because apparently did not read what I said THE LAST 20 YEARS THERE HAS BEEN NO WARMING OR COOLING.. the trend is flat

Lets NARROW that to the period of time I stated.

If you look the last 20 years of your GRAPH 1997-2017 THE TREND IS FLAT EVEN



Has there been warming since 1880. WHY YES.. beause in 1880 was in the height of the LITTLE ICE AGE.. the DALON MINIMUM ended and we began entering the MODERN MAXIMUM solar period.
Internet shouting.

Try to control yourself. You haven't updated your knowledge. Your points are wrong, and they become wronger everyday.

Last edited by imaginethat; January 8th, 2018 at 08:09 PM.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:10 PM   #64
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Sad what has happened to once great NASA. Now just a tool of left wing globalists.
Unbelievable. And they are running the country.
RNG is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:30 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Unbelievable. And they are running the country.
This phenomenon that has gripped the US will go down in history if we survive the next great extinction we're working on.

It's been almost a year. Ya gotta hand it to Ms. Conway. With a wicked smile, she let everyone know what was coming.

Alternative facts video

Alternative facts transcript

CHUCK TODD:

--answer the question of why the president asked the White House press secretary to come out in front of the podium for the first time and utter a falsehood? Why did he do that? It undermines the credibility of the entire White House press office--

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

No it doesn't.

CHUCK TODD:

--on day one.

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

Don't be so overly dramatic about it, Chuck. What-- You're saying it's a falsehood. And they're giving Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that. But the point remains--

CHUCK TODD:

Wait a minute-- Alternative facts?

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

--that there’s--

CHUCK TODD:

Alternative facts? Four of the five facts he uttered, the one thing he got right--

KELLYANNE CONWAY:

--hey, Chuck, why-- Hey Chuck--

CHUCK TODD:

--was Zeke Miller. Four of the five facts he uttered were just not true. Look, alternative facts are not facts. They're falsehoods.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 08:40 PM   #66
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Internet shouting.

Try to control yourself. You haven't updated your knowledge. Your points are wrong, and they become wronger everyday.
I am not shouting.. Sorry the last 20 years there has been no warming or cooling... Now 2017 was on the high side of the trend line, because 2017 was a year of increased solar activity. As was 2nd half of 2005 and first half of 2006 also was a high side of the trend line.

But you take the years and consolidate them the climate did not warm or cool significantly over the last 1/5 century.

But if you look at the last 150 years due to natural events the earth has warmed.

I have never said there is NO warming, I said the warming is NATURAL there is a difference.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 10:23 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I am not shouting.. Sorry the last 20 years there has been no warming or cooling... Now 2017 was on the high side of the trend line, because 2017 was a year of increased solar activity. As was 2nd half of 2005 and first half of 2006 also was a high side of the trend line.

But you take the years and consolidate them the climate did not warm or cool significantly over the last 1/5 century.

But if you look at the last 150 years due to natural events the earth has warmed.

I have never said there is NO warming, I said the warming is NATURAL there is a difference.
You're wrong about the cause of warming. The earth's atmosphere and oceans are warming. As we've studied the ongoing warming we've learned that the warming isn't evenly distributed. The atmosphere taken as an average is warmer, but because of changes to weather patterns some areas may actually get cooler ... for a while.

Weather extremes, northern heatwaves, southern freezes, floods and droughts, and the increase in net energy of hurricanes and even thunderstorms have already become the norm. This trend will continue to amplify as the atmosphere's level of heat energy increases.

The earth's vast amounts of sequestered methane already have begun outgassing, as I've shown. We do not know the threshold point at which methane clathrates destabilize, but we can know that methane outgassing at some point develops a positive feedback.

If that happens, if a runaway methane event occurs, it could well lead to the sixth great extinction. Methane is believed to have played a role in some of the earth's mass extinctions.

The oceans are losing oxygen. The loss isn't evenly distributed. Dead zones are expanding far more quickly than expected. The cause is increased water temperature and increasing reliance upon agricultural chemicals now needed to sustain unsustainable agriculture.

All of this has been painstakingly outlined for you and others repeatedly. Since around 2004 when I first began paying attention to the changing climate, two things have remained constant.

The earth's atmosphere and the oceans have warmed.

The arguments seeking to divest humans of their responsibility for the warming haven't changed one bit. They are virtually the same now as then.

The debate is purely academic at this point. The wheels are in motion. We've been on the road for a little while already. It's a one-way street we're on. It's not clear precisely where we're heading.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 10:25 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,055
Oh, and our role in the above?

We've produced one of the planet's most rapid significant spikes in CO2, and we're not through yet.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:26 PM   #69
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Oh, and our role in the above?

We've produced one of the planet's most rapid significant spikes in CO2, and we're not through yet.
No we have not.




CO2 spikes where greater 135,000 years ago and 320,000 years ago

spikes of similar amplitude occurred 400,000 years ago and 245,000 years ago.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:21 AM   #70
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Human activities for sure aren't the only factor affecting the climate, but presently they are. The current level of atmospheric CO2 is unprecedented in the last 10,000 years.



Or, the last 400,000 years.



And, the rate of increase is increasing as more people have cars and air conditioners, among the other modern conveniences everyone on earth has been watching on American TV and movies and wanting. Two of the most dynamic economies on the planet, China and India, also are the two most populous.

Yet, deniers still think they've made a really strong point by saying: Ah ha ha, they had to change it from global warming to climate change, ha, ha, ha.
CO2 levels have been as much as 5X higher than today. Why wasn't it much, much hotter then than today?
Libertarian Guy is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
snow



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Desert Rose intangible child Other Religions 3 September 28th, 2014 04:56 AM
Behind the Scenes During Atlanta Blizzard of 2" Snow tristanrobin Current Events 1 February 12th, 2014 08:29 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.