Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree332Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2018, 05:59 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 15,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian Guy View Post
What was the word for “abortion” during the time of Jesus?
Once again, don’t know nor do I care.
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,200
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
So, what the order of ranking in the Ten Commandments? I mean which ones are important and which ones are just kinda' important and which ones are really, really important?

I mean every time I hear someone quote "Thou Shalt Not Kill" as evidence against the morality of war or the death penalty for example one of you people are quick to say that what that Commandment REALLY means is thou shalt not murder.
And as executing criminals is not illegal and killing in war in not illegal then it is not murder as the very definition of murder is an illegal killing.
Now, abortion is NOT illegal so obviously it is not murder.

So, WHY exactly do you hold the opinion that the Ten Commandments refers to abortion?
Wait, so you are stating that abortion, and the death penalty, or national defense is the same? You do realize that capital punishment is biblical. Are you not in favor of National defense.
Sensible is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:05 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
It was a simple question. Either yes or no would be a completely suitable answer. Which is it?
Stating I don’t care how simpletons feel about my posts is also a suitable answer.
Libertarian Guy is online now  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Once again, don’t know nor do I care.
You claim to know Jesus’ position on abortion, yet don’t know the word for abortion during his time?

I guess YOU are done here.
Libertarian Guy is online now  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:10 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian Guy View Post
Stating I don’t care how simpletons feel about my posts is also a suitable answer.
Ok, then it's safe to assume you're just full of shit and have no idea in the world what you're talking about.

After all, you don't care.
Hollywood is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:12 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian Guy View Post
What was the word for “abortion” during the time of Jesus?
In which language?
Hollywood is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:17 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
In which language?
Take your pick.......
Libertarian Guy is online now  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:18 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Ok, then it's safe to assume you're just full of shit and have no idea in the world what you're talking about.

After all, you don't care.
You are correct. Simpletons are safe to assume any lunacy they wish.

More power to ya!
Thanks from Sensible
Libertarian Guy is online now  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:24 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
So you don't eat shrimp ? Pork ? Lobster ?

You have never mowed the yard or washed the car on, much less gone to your job on the Sabbath ? AND you don't expect anyone else to work either so you don't eat out or use electricity ??

You don't wear cloth of mixed fibers ?

You keep a fully kosher kitchen and follow ALL of the rules in the bible ??
Don't be ridiculous,
The food restrictions in Leviticus were placed on the children of Israel as a test of their obedience just as was circumcision, not for health reasons. In Acts 10:9-15 God canceled the dietary restrictions that had been imposed on the children of Israel in Leviticus 11. All animals, shellfish, and seafood are now clean.

The rule against wearing different types of fabric was not a moral law. There is nothing inherently wrong with weaving linen and wool together. In fact, the ephod of the high priest was made of linen and dyed thread (Exodus 28:6–8; 39:4–5). The dyed thread would have been made of wool. This fact is probably the key to understanding the prohibition. The ephod of the high priest was the only garment that could be woven of linen and wool. No one else was allowed to have such a garment. Apparently, this rule was to place some distance between the high priest and the people, with the ultimate purpose of reminding Israel of how holy God truly is

In Colossians 2:16–17 the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” We are no longer commanded to cease working on the Sabbath, nor is Sunday now the “Christian Sabbath.” Although many Christians prefer to take Sunday off and spend at least part of it in corporate worship, working on Sunday is not sin. Many Christians, such as doctors and nurses, have no choice but to work on Sunday and, as a society, we should be very grateful to them. But Christians who work on Sunday should do so with the understanding that worship is not limited to any one day of the week but is to be an ongoing part of their lives.
Working on Sunday is definitely not a sin. Working on Sunday is not prohibited in the Bible. The idea that Christians should not be working on Sunday comes from a misunderstanding of Old Testament Sabbath-keeping for the Israelites and its relation to Sunday worship for Christians. According to Exodus 20:8–11, the Sabbath is the seventh day of the week on which the Israelites were to rest in remembrance that God created the universe in six days and then “rested” on the seventh day. “Keeping the Sabbath holy” was defined as not working on the Sabbath.
Sensible is offline  
Old January 10th, 2018, 06:26 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Nope, simply stating that Jesus didn’t talk about abortion.

Don’t know (nor do I care) what his position on abortion was.

You may care but you don’t know either.
Jesus is God so your answer is wrong
Sensible is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
children, complain, deporting, don’t, murdering, support



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jameis Winston under investigation for allegedly grabbing female uber driver’s crotch Quigley Current Events 31 November 18th, 2017 07:39 AM
Oscar Pistorius guilty of murdering Reeva Steenkamp Lyzza Current Events 5 December 3rd, 2015 09:19 AM
Amanda Knox Cleared Of Murdering British Roommate highway80west Crime and Punishment 20 December 29th, 2011 12:53 PM
Cop convicted of murdering his girlfriend highway80west Current Events 3 February 15th, 2008 01:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.