Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree13Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2018, 01:34 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updike View Post
LOL @ big bucks from the WaPo. They reported a story, suing them would cost a fortune and winning against their First Amendment rights nigh impossible under current law.

And there are no 30-witnesses, that is a fantasy. They have zero bearing on the instant matter and probably would not be permitted to testify anyway.
If the story is fake, then it was the Washington Post that made it up, and suing them would be easy money and big vindication.
But they didn't make up the story, it's all true, so Moore won't sue.
The Post had over 30 sources for the story, checked and cross checked, it's the Washington Post, not Breitbart.
Moore was lying, and when called the women liars, he was committing slander. He's fucked.

Watch Justice happen....
goober is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 01:48 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
She has damaged his reputation. Should he counter sue?

Moore's reputation?? What reputation? You mean the one where security guards were told to keep their OWN daughters away from the mall? You mean the one where locals were troubled by Moore's attention to their teen daughters?

OR are you referring to his judicial SHUT-DOWN? From the Alabama Supreme Court? His suspension from the bench? His reputation for dismissing a federal court order?? Twice.

Oh wait. Maybe you mean his reputation (and his wife's) for helping themselves to $1 million from their fave charity: Foundation for Moral Law.

You are right. Moore has a reputation--for sure. Now, what were you saying about a countersuit? Damage?
Clara007 is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 02:02 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
No that's the girl he tried to rape.
Corfman was the 14 old he got naked with.

Moore won't counter sue, because he knows what happened and lying to the morons is one thing, perjury can land him in prison.
If they sue...Moore counter-sues...guaranteed.....Moore does not want to be the first one suing...a counter-suit brings a different set of rules...
Jimgorn is online now  
Old January 12th, 2018, 02:40 PM   #34
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
If the story is fake, then it was the Washington Post that made it up, and suing them would be easy money and big vindication.
But they didn't make up the story, it's all true, so Moore won't sue.
The Post had over 30 sources for the story, checked and cross checked, it's the Washington Post, not Breitbart.
Moore was lying, and when called the women liars, he was committing slander. He's fucked.

Watch Justice happen....

There are no 30 sources.

The WaPo is not liable for reporting a story. To sue would cost a fortune, and you would need prove that they knew the stories they published were not true. The burden under present law is highly improbable to show.
Updike is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:49 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updike View Post
There are no 30 sources.

The WaPo is not liable for reporting a story. To sue would cost a fortune, and you would need prove that they knew the stories they published were not true. The burden under present law is highly improbable to show.
The Post found this story, they tracked down the sources, they found over 30 sources, they checked and cross checked the stories, that's why Moore can't sue, because the story is true.

Corfman can sue, because the elements she needs to prove are given, Moore called her a liar on camera, and it impacts her reputation. Those are givens.
Moore's only defense is if she is a liar, he's got to prove that.
And watch her tell her story, she's being truthful, look at him, he's an obvious liar, only the willingly deluded would believe him.
This will take place in court, you can't just say "This is attack on decent God Fearing Christians" and bask in the applause.
This a jury that will listen to Leigh Corfman tell her story, in exquisite detail.
I've seen her being questioned, she is solid as a rock.
Now you get that snivelin' white trash on cross, no bombastic slogans, just "answer the question, Mr. Moore".

With plenty of women, women who Moore claims he never met, who can give detailed accounts of their dates with him.

At the end of the day, he's a lying scumbag, which has been obvious to anyone who has looked at the evidence for some time now.

Last edited by goober; January 12th, 2018 at 03:52 PM.
goober is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:31 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
If they sue...Moore counter-sues...guaranteed.....Moore does not want to be the first one suing...a counter-suit brings a different set of rules...
Moore counter sues, and the defense is, the accusations are true.
This isn't Sharia, where a woman's word doesn't count unless she has two male witnesses.

It comes down to the women and Moore telling their stories to a jury, and the jury deciding who to believe.

Moore loses that, and for him to prove the Post is lying, they have got a ton of checking and cross checking, Moore's got a story that changes as he goes along.

Moore loses, because Moore's lying.
goober is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:51 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
If they sue...Moore counter-sues...guaranteed.....Moore does not want to be the first one suing...a counter-suit brings a different set of rules...
This could be good.

imaginethat is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 02:52 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Moore's reputation?? What reputation? You mean the one where security guards were told to keep their OWN daughters away from the mall? You mean the one where locals were troubled by Moore's attention to their teen daughters?

OR are you referring to his judicial SHUT-DOWN? From the Alabama Supreme Court? His suspension from the bench? His reputation for dismissing a federal court order?? Twice.

Oh wait. Maybe you mean his reputation (and his wife's) for helping themselves to $1 million from their fave charity: Foundation for Moral Law.

You are right. Moore has a reputation--for sure. Now, what were you saying about a countersuit? Damage?
OH, What these women said, what the Post published, definitely damaged Roy Moore's reputation.
He's got those two elements of a libel action nailed. They definitely said it, it definitely damaged Moore's reputation.
The only defense the paper and the women have is that they are telling the truth.

That involves the jury listening to the women tell their stories, and listening to the lying asshole child molester lie his ass off, and deciding who is telling the truth.

Last edited by goober; January 13th, 2018 at 02:54 PM.
goober is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:10 PM   #39
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,080
Goober sure loves this thread. Must kinda hit home or something.
Sabcat is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:07 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Goober sure loves this thread. Must kinda hit home or something.
As this story unfolded, those that believe Breitbart thought it was a one off politically motivated false accusation, then it was two false accusers, three, four, etc
But the key article of faith was that all this was pure political theatre, and that it would all disappear when the polls closed.
But it was obvious that that was just bullshit to fool the sheep.

Did you learn anything from that ?

Last edited by goober; January 13th, 2018 at 08:09 PM.
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
hollywood, moore, roy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roy Moore accuser says she wrote the time and place under Moore's signature Sabcat Current Events 216 December 13th, 2017 06:13 PM
Roy Moore does it again RNG Americas 4 December 10th, 2017 07:31 PM
Moore roll out justoneman Current Events 173 November 30th, 2017 11:58 AM
Roy Moore comes out as Age-fluid Sabcat Current Events 1 November 11th, 2017 05:50 AM
patrick moore webguy4 Current Events 0 February 26th, 2014 10:09 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.