Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree27Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:16 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian Guy View Post
As I already pointed out to you..........the $10 an hour wage was AFTER A TRAINING PERIOD.

The new $11 an hour applies to everyone at the date of hire.

Why do you insist on continuing to TRY to perpetuate the lies that have already been debunked?
Believe it or not, I do understand your point.

MY POINT is the 22% headline is at the very least misleading. At worst pure propaganda, as the VAST overwhelming percentage of wally world employees ARE NOT RECEIVING RAISES. And as if to prove my point, that moron TNV pops in with a post claiming that all 1.2 million employees are getting a 22% raise, then posts an article from three years ago.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:26 PM   #42
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Believe it or not, I do understand your point.

MY POINT is the 22% headline is at the very least misleading. At worst pure propaganda, as the VAST overwhelming percentage of wally world employees ARE NOT RECEIVING RAISES. And as if to prove my point, that moron TNV pops in with a post claiming that all 1.2 million employees are getting a 22% raise, then posts an article from three years ago.
No the hourly works are getting a 22% payraise.

I have gotten a $10/hour raise by my employer thanks to the tax cut. Started this paycheck.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 08:11 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
No the hourly works are getting a 22% payraise.

I have gotten a $10/hour raise by my employer thanks to the tax cut. Started this paycheck.
NO THEY ARE NOT !!!!! Get it through that thick skull of yours. Walmart raised the STARTING PAY for new hires to $11 an hour from $9 an hour.

Under the old plan, you started at $9 and when you completed your 90 day training, you got a raise to $10 an hour.

Under the new plan you START at $11 an hour but GET NO RAISE when you complete your training.

The ONLY other people who are getting a raise are those making less than $11 an hour. Since most of those (not new hires) were already making $10 plus dollar an hour NOT a huge raise and certainly NOT 22%.

The 22% figures IS FOR NEW HIRES ONLY.

If they were already making over $11 an hour THEY ARE NOT RECEIVING RAISES.

As for your raise ?? I'm calling BULL FUCKING SHIT !!!!!

$10 an hour ???
$400 a week ????
$1600 a month ?????
$19,200 a year ??????

NO ONE IS THAT GENEROUS !!!! You'll have to post pictures of your paychecks before ANYONE on this board will ever believe your company just handed over $20,000 dollar a year raises.

Last edited by BubbaJones; January 12th, 2018 at 09:02 PM.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 06:20 AM   #44
Beach Goddess
 
catus felis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: arkansas
Posts: 4,576
Wal Mart giveth and Wal Mart taketh away.

https://thinkprogress.org/walmart-fi...-47df627e0e04/

After bonus announcement, Walmart fires thousands of co-managers, replaces them with cheaper workers


After Walmart’s flashy announcement of bonuses of up to $1,000 for some of its workers, the real story played out quietly.

On Wednesday, as news of the bonus announcement was lauded by Trump and Fox News, Walmart abruptly closed down 63 Sam’s Clubs stores. More than 9,000 people lost their jobs. Some only learned about the decision when they showed up to work and found the doors locked.

On Friday, there was news of more pain for Walmart workers. The company confirmed to Business Insider that about 3,500 “co-managers” will be laid off across the country. They will be replaced by new, “assistant manager” positions, which would have a lower salary. The laid off workers will be able to “apply” for these new jobs.
Thanks from imaginethat, RNG, Hollywood and 1 others
catus felis is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 06:31 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by catus felis View Post
Wal Mart giveth and Wal Mart taketh away.

https://thinkprogress.org/walmart-fi...-47df627e0e04/

After bonus announcement, Walmart fires thousands of co-managers, replaces them with cheaper workers


After Walmart’s flashy announcement of bonuses of up to $1,000 for some of its workers, the real story played out quietly.

On Wednesday, as news of the bonus announcement was lauded by Trump and Fox News, Walmart abruptly closed down 63 Sam’s Clubs stores. More than 9,000 people lost their jobs. Some only learned about the decision when they showed up to work and found the doors locked.

On Friday, there was news of more pain for Walmart workers. The company confirmed to Business Insider that about 3,500 “co-managers” will be laid off across the country. They will be replaced by new, “assistant manager” positions, which would have a lower salary. The laid off workers will be able to “apply” for these new jobs.
And they will be doing exactly the same jobs for less money. The only thing that will change will be the title of the job, and the lower paycheck of course.
Business as usual.
Thanks from catus felis
Hollywood is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 07:08 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 22,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I have gotten a $10/hour raise by my employer thanks to the tax cut. Started this paycheck.
Sorry - that sounds like absolute bullshit to me.

The tax cut is giving you a $20,000/year raise???

You'll be selling us the Brooklyn Bridge next.
Thanks from Hollywood
tristanrobin is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 57,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
No the hourly works are getting a 22% payraise.

I have gotten a $10/hour raise by my employer thanks to the tax cut. Started this paycheck.
Bullshit.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:44 AM   #48
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Bullshit.
Nope, it is true, I am making 42.68/hour as of last sunday.

You see I am near retirement, Medical Technologist is a very undermanned field.

With 44 years of experience and 37 years at the same employer.. I guess they saw the value. And since the cost of doing business has been lowered we got a raise.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:50 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 22,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Nope, it is true, I am making 42.68/hour as of last sunday.

You see I am near retirement, Medical Technologist is a very undermanned field.

With 44 years of experience and 37 years at the same employer.. I guess they saw the value. And since the cost of doing business has been lowered we got a raise.
well, you must be really good at your job

you are making over 10% more than the highest median wage for that profession of $60,915-$74,180 at $88,400.

I am NOT calling you a liar - but I do not believe that you received a $10 dollar an hour wage increase because of the tax cut.

In fact, were it true, I believe the President would be using it at as a p.r. example of his good business head.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 10:01 AM   #50
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
well, you must be really good at your job

you are making over 10% more than the highest median wage for that profession of $60,915-$74,180 at $88,400.

I am NOT calling you a liar - but I do not believe that you received a $10 dollar an hour wage increase because of the tax cut.

In fact, were it true, I believe the President would be using it at as a p.r. example of his good business head.
44 years of experience and 27 years as Supervisor I had topped out prior to the raise.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
22%, bill, due, give, lowest, paid, raise, tax, trump, walmart, workers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Give America a Raise Iborian Americas 125 March 8th, 2015 12:13 PM
Six Years Later, Walmart Still Hasn't Paid A $7,000 Fine For Black Friday Worker's De LongWinded Current Events 6 November 27th, 2014 05:35 AM
Obama Care workers paid to nothing!!!!! roastpork Current Events 6 May 17th, 2014 10:18 AM
Walmart fires workers who handled confrontational shoplifter Dude111 Current Events 10 February 27th, 2011 09:10 AM
Fiscal Fitness: Give Yourself a $200 Raise Right Now highway80west Money and Finance 2 January 20th, 2010 04:25 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.