Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree151Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:26 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Are you saying that truth and facts should be subject to skin color?
Calling Haiti a shit hole is "truth" and "fact"? It sounds to me like DT's and possibly your personal opinion. Is it mere coincidence that the countries DT named all have dark-skinned populations?
Thanks from Camelot
Asimov is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:31 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
Calling Haiti a shit hole is "truth" and "fact"? It sounds to me like DT's and possibly your personal opinion. Is it mere coincidence that the countries DT named all have dark-skinned populations?
I think you would have to decide what the term shit hole implies. I am a well traveled person. I have been all across this ball of gas. I can tell you emphatically that the places that our full of disease, poverty, crime and war are not generally majority white nations. You can call it racist, or you can accept the reality of that fact. But, the real question should be why, instead of just screaming racism at facts. Of course this is subject to what the term shit hole implies.
Thanks from Sabcat and Jimgorn
guy39 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 05:43 PM   #93
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
Calling Haiti a shit hole is "truth" and "fact"? It sounds to me like DT's and possibly your personal opinion. Is it mere coincidence that the countries DT named all have dark-skinned populations?
If They were not shitholes then why are people risking their lives to leave them and come here (and other western nations)


What is the waiting list to get into Haiti and gain citizenship like? Or any of the other nations on that list.


This whole argument is ridiculous. How are you falling for this?
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:52 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
If They were not shitholes then why are people risking their lives to leave them and come here (and other western nations)
What is the waiting list to get into Haiti and gain citizenship like? Or any of the other nations on that list.
This whole argument is ridiculous. How are you falling for this?
I think the correct term is "3rd World", which is what the leader of the Free World should be using if he is indeed talking only about economics and technology. Does your understanding of the term shithole also refer to Native Reservations in America?
Asimov is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:59 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
I think the correct term is "3rd World", which is what the leader of the Free World should be using if he is indeed talking only about economics and technology. Does your understanding of the term shithole also refer to Native Reservations in America?
The reservations are in the USA and the USA is not a shit hole.
justoneman is offline  
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:19 PM   #96
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
I think the correct term is "3rd World", which is what the leader of the Free World should be using if he is indeed talking only about economics and technology. Does your understanding of the term shithole also refer to Native Reservations in America?
Regardless it is not racist. That is the point that i am making, one that sounds like you are conceding. How i would or would not refer to any american ghetto is besides the point.
Sabcat is online now  
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:19 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
I think the correct term is "3rd World", which is what the leader of the Free World should be using if he is indeed talking only about economics and technology. Does your understanding of the term shithole also refer to Native Reservations in America?
Shitholes are like pigs. You can dress them up and put lipstick on the lips. In the end, a Third World nation is still a shithole if you want to label it as "Third World" which is in now way flattering and if Trump had indeed used that "Third World" label, I am absolutely sure that some here will post an article about how Trump's usage of "Third Worlds" would be racist and especially painful for one group or another.

Shithole is not racist any more than "Third World". How dare you refer to people of color as third rate? Seeing how may "Third Worlds" are in South America, Africa, Asia.............surely you must be a racist.
Thanks from Sabcat and Jimgorn
Marcus Livius is online now  
Old January 14th, 2018, 04:08 AM   #98
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport England
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Livius View Post
Shithole is not racist any more than "Third World". How dare you refer to people of color as third rate? Seeing how may "Third Worlds" are in South America, Africa, Asia.............surely you must be a racist.
I agree with you the term shithole is not in itself racist.
However your President than followed up with the words “we should have more people from Norway”, which made the context of his comments perfectly clear.

The term shithole may not be racist, but your President certainly is.
Thanks from Asimov and Clara007
MichaelT is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 04:19 AM   #99
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
I agree with you the term shithole is not in itself racist.
However your President than followed up with the words “we should have more people from Norway”, which made the context of his comments perfectly clear.

The term shithole may not be racist, but your President certainly is.
Thank you. You get it.
Asimov is offline  
Old January 14th, 2018, 04:28 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
I agree with you the term shithole is not in itself racist.
However your President than followed up with the words “we should have more people from Norway”, which made the context of his comments perfectly clear.

The term shithole may not be racist, but your President certainly is.
You have anger issues and for reasons unknown to me, you hate Norway. I don't like Canada but don't hate it, etc. etc.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
countries, donald, shithole, slovenia



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Seven most corrupt countries roastpork Current Events 13 June 12th, 2014 01:40 PM
How Other Countries see the US garysher Current Events 0 June 9th, 2012 06:34 PM
Castro Valley Is A Suburban Shithole intangible child Crime and Punishment 5 September 24th, 2009 10:18 AM
Socialist countries have it better hevusa Money and Finance 88 November 26th, 2006 04:32 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.