Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree20Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2018, 05:27 AM   #11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
just read Nwolfe's post.

Looks like we were thinking in the same direction.

Sorry to be redundant.
Yes trying to take the thread off topic
Thanks from Sabcat
Sensible is offline  
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:50 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NM
Posts: 1,436
Tit for Tato

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier88
Funny, I don't know of anyone who is protecting the MS-13 gangs. Certainly not from prosecution in the US nor from deportation from the US to their country of origin - typically El Salvador.

Who would protect them in the US, & why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Sanctuary cities so easy!
No, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city#Effects

"Effects[edit]
"Crime[edit]

"A 2017 review study of the existing literature noted that the existing studies had found that sanctuary cities either have no impact on crime or that they lower the crime rate.[7] A second 2017 study in the journal Urban Affairs Review found that sanctuary policy itself has no statistically meaningful effect on crime.[58][5][59][60][61] The findings of the study were misinterpreted by Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a July 2017 speech when he claimed that the study showed that sanctuary cities were more prone to crime than cities without sanctuary policies.[62][63] A third study in the journal Justice Quarterly found evidence that the adoption of sanctuary policies reduced the robbery rate but had no impact on the homicide rate except in cities with larger Mexican undocumented immigrant populations which had lower rates of homicide.[64]

"According to a study by Tom K. Wong, associate professor of political science at the University of California, San Diego, published by the Center for American Progress, a progressive think tank: "Crime is statistically significantly lower in sanctuary counties compared to nonsanctuary counties. Moreover, economies are stronger in sanctuary counties from higher median household income, less poverty, and less reliance on public assistance to higher labor force participation, higher employment-to-population ratios, and lower unemployment."[6] The study also concluded that sanctuary cities build trust between local law enforcement and the community, which enhances public safety overall.[65] The study evaluated sanctuary and non-sanctuary cities while controlling for differences in population, the foreign-born percentage of the population, and the percentage of the population that is Latino."[6]

"Economy[edit]

"Advocates of local enforcement of immigration laws argue that more regulatory local immigration policies would cause immigrants to flee those cities and possibly the United States altogether,[66] while opponents argue that regulatory policies on immigrants wouldn't affect their presence because immigrants looking for work will relocate towards economic opportunity despite challenges living there.[3] Undocumented migrants tend to be attracted to states with more economic opportunity and individual freedom.[67] Because there is no reliable data that asks for immigration status, there is no way to tell empirically if regulatory policies do have an effect on immigrant presence. A study comparing restrictive counties with nonrestrictive counties found that local jurisdictions that enacted regulatory immigration policies experienced a 1-2% negative effect in employment.[3]"

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

There is also a section on health impact to the undocumented community, but of course that's of no interest here.

TMK, sanctuary cities are very interested in apprehending, prosecuting & incarcerating criminal gang members. I assume that extends to deporting them to their country of origin. I'll look for the data.
Thanks from imaginethat
hoosier88 is offline  
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:53 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpen View Post
No one is safe from these people. How about the 10,000 m-13 gang members that the FBI says are in our nation. The Dems are "protecting" the wrong people.
NO ONE IS SAFE!!!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! And it is somehow ALL the fault of LIBERALS!!!
Hollywood is offline  
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
I mentioned both his drunkenness, and his being twice deported in the first line try reading. You defending the policy of democrats to not do more about it, and allowing sanctuary cities, so how about you stfu. If you want to start a thread on gun control, go ahead this is about criminal invaders who break the law, after being deported and how it cost two American citizens there life.

The alcohol and driving is also a separate issue, and I will not allow you to take this thread off topic.
Uh, no it is not. You say if the guy had never been here this accident would have never happened. Would it not also be true, using that same logic, that it's highly likely the accident would not have happened had he not been drunk and operating a motor vehicle?
Are you concerned about the safety and lives of American citizens or is this just an opportunity for you to demonize illegals?
Hollywood is offline  
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:37 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 15,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Try again, I am focusing on the fact that this criminal invader, twice deported, and breaking a law here, killed two Americans. Comment on the topic or move along, want to debate alcoholism, and drunk driving, start a thread. I would love to have that discussion on what you and Wolfe think we should do but it is a separate topic.
Yes, we understand that is what you are focusing on. We are pointing out you hypocrisy for doing so.
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:38 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 15,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Uh, no it is not. You say if the guy had never been here this accident would have never happened. Would it not also be true, using that same logic, that it's highly likely the accident would not have happened had he not been drunk and operating a motor vehicle?
Are you concerned about the safety and lives of American citizens or is this just an opportunity for you to demonize illegals?
Do you even have to ask?
Thanks from Hollywood and Clara007
Nwolfe35 is online now  
Old February 7th, 2018, 08:47 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Do you even have to ask?
Oh yeah, I and many others including yourself already know that is exactly the reason for his post.
I just want to see if he will choose as his response to leave the thread or say something even dumber in an attempt to defend his position.
Hollywood is offline  
Old February 7th, 2018, 09:18 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NM
Posts: 1,436
There are two issues

Yep, there are two separate issues: Sanctuary cities & MS-13. See https://www.npr.org/2017/05/21/52936...3-gang-members

"Police In Los Angeles Crack Down On MS-13 Gang Members

"May 21, 2017 - 7:13 AM ET
"Heard on Weekend Edition Sunday

"Police arrested nearly two dozen MS-13 members after a two-year investigation. NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro talks to Los Angeles Times crime reporter Richard Winton about the gang's history.

...

"GARCIA-NAVARRO: Los Angeles is a sanctuary city. President Trump would say this is an example of why sanctuary cities don't work. What did the police chief and the acting U.S. attorney have to say about that?

"WINTON: Police Chief Charlie Beck was very quick to address this issue. In fact, he pre-empted that question yesterday when talking about this. He points out that MS-13 basically preys on the undocumented. They extort them. They rob them. They rape them. They murder them - that they're the targets. What he says is, we wouldn't have made all these arrests today without the help of the undocumented. So if they didn't trust us and come to us, we wouldn't have a way to capture these people from MS-13."

(My emphasis - more @ the URL)

MS-13 mostly preys on the undocumented in the US. Given Trump's rhetoric & actions, he doesn't care about the undocumented either. & therefore, a crackdown on MS-13 is not on the horizon in the US - so long as they confine their criminal activity to the undocumented.
hoosier88 is offline  
Old February 10th, 2018, 01:55 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Oh yeah, I and many others including yourself already know that is exactly the reason for his post.
I just want to see if he will choose as his response to leave the thread or say something even dumber in an attempt to defend his position.
Obviously Sensible decided leaving the thread was a better option for him that making any attempt to logically answer my question.
No surprise there. Good riddance!
Hollywood is offline  
Old February 10th, 2018, 05:26 PM   #20
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Uh, no it is not. You say if the guy had never been here this accident would have never happened. Would it not also be true, using that same logic, that it's highly likely the accident would not have happened had he not been drunk and operating a motor vehicle?
Are you concerned about the safety and lives of American citizens or is this just an opportunity for you to demonize illegals?
I don't give a flying F what you think old man he was here illegally for the third time, breaking the law by drunk driving and killed two AMERICAN CITIZENS. Screw illegals, deport them all, when we can feed all are own and take care of our vets we'll call!!!!!!!!
Sensible is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
american, citizen, illegal, killed



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama: At Least One American Citizen Was Killed In Malaysia Airlines Crash LongWinded Current Events 4 July 18th, 2014 05:17 PM
American teacher killed in Benghazi Libya grimghost Current Events 4 December 5th, 2013 01:38 PM
FACT SHEET: United States Support for Central American Citizen Security The White House The White House 0 May 4th, 2013 12:00 PM
American Citizen Apologizes To Karzai And The People Of Afghanistan Tony Perkins Warfare 6 February 29th, 2012 04:45 AM
Fourteen American Soldiers killed in Baghdad intangible child Warfare 0 June 21st, 2007 08:05 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.