Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By tristanrobin
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2018, 06:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,285
I saw the Florida thread about not

allowing sanctuary cities. So, I ask this; just what is the excuse for cities or states to have such a sanctuary status? These people were law breakers when they crossed the border, why protect them?

Have these places worked out a system where those "illegals" have a way to vote and they like the way they vote? Do they find that only "citizens" cause any problems, are not law abiding, do not work, etc? What is the reasoning behind it? Sure a puzzle in this house.
goodpen is online now  
Old February 14th, 2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,474
I live in a sanctuary city.

No, they are not able to vote.

They are able to have an i.d. card, which gives them the ability to have a bank account, pay bills, HAVE AUTO INSURANCE, and pay property tax.

No, repeat, no, they are not able to vote.
Thanks from Clara007
tristanrobin is offline  
Old February 14th, 2018, 02:30 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,630
Ah contraire mon ami, didn't you see how upset California got when Trump was going to examine all the voters on the list of those who voted and suddenly thousands of names were removed. If you lived in Chicago you would change your misguided assumptions.
roastpork is offline  
Old February 14th, 2018, 02:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Ah contraire mon ami, didn't you see how upset California got when Trump was going to examine all the voters on the list of those who voted and suddenly thousands of names were removed. If you lived in Chicago you would change your misguided assumptions.
Do you have anything even RESEMBLING a source on the claim that “thousands of names were removed”?
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 14th, 2018, 11:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpen View Post
allowing sanctuary cities. So, I ask this; just what is the excuse for cities or states to have such a sanctuary status? These people were law breakers when they crossed the border, why protect them?

Have these places worked out a system where those "illegals" have a way to vote and they like the way they vote? Do they find that only "citizens" cause any problems, are not law abiding, do not work, etc? What is the reasoning behind it? Sure a puzzle in this house.
I was sure that I would see a thread about the Florida High School shooting that happened yesterday with 17 students killed but no thread? If I found one I was going to say ban all semi-auto weapons.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old February 15th, 2018, 03:06 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I live in a sanctuary city.

No, they are not able to vote.

They are able to have an i.d. card, which gives them the ability to have a bank account, pay bills, HAVE AUTO INSURANCE, and pay property tax.

No, repeat, no, they are not able to vote.
Are they able to collect public assistance that they did not pay into?

Yup and fools like you approve of giving away money to leeches that were not wanted by their own country
Herculese is offline  
Old February 15th, 2018, 06:03 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,474
I don't like giving money away to the American leeches that have never worked and paid into public assistance funding.

That's the way the system works.

Either you care and have compassion for the homeless, the hungry children, the poverty ridden families or you don't.

Their nationality is not an issue for me.
tristanrobin is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
florida, thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISIS Announced Florida Threat: “We Will Attack Florida” excalibur Current Events 8 June 13th, 2016 02:15 AM
Rename Florida, To "Florida Palin"... Medicine Man Current Events 40 November 29th, 2013 09:04 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.