Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree75Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:58 PM   #21
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
In this case I find myself in an odd position. I AGREE with the Dumpster !!!!!

The officer's JOB was to protect that school and those children. His entire purpose for being on that campus was to stop, or at least try to stop or minimize a shooter.

Scott Beigel, an unarmed teacher, faced off with the shooter and died protecting his kids. This officer is a coward and a piece of shit. I hate that he gets to "retire" and keep his fucking pension.
He wasn’t alone. The “good guy with a gun” meme has always been bullshit. Assault rifles scare the hell out of law enforcement. They know it’s power.

Quote:


CNN

@CNN
Many police officers were surprised to find that not only the armed school resource officer but 3 other Broward County sheriff’s deputies were outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School during the shooting crisis and hadn’t entered,


Thanks from skews13
Camelot is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:12 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
I agree.

Sure, i doubt he could have actually done anything to change the situation, but omfg DO SOMETHING!
You don't know what you are going to do until you are in that situation. Nobody does. When you here an assault rifle steadily being fired, you'll be surprised what even the bravest person will do. I'm going to take the teacher and students word on this one. Unless someone can show me a timeline where the officer had a chance to get an angle of fire that he didn't end up a victim himself, and now the shooter has a rifle and a pistol to shoot even more people, i'm not inclined right now to pass that judgement. There's to much emotion right now. The truth will eventually come out and i'll reserve my judgement for then.
skews13 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:19 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
He wasn’t alone. The “good guy with a gun” meme has always been bullshit. Assault rifles scare the hell out of law enforcement. They know it’s power.
It scares the hell out of anybody.
skews13 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:47 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
In this case I find myself in an odd position. I AGREE with the Dumpster !!!!!

The officer's JOB was to protect that school and those children. His entire purpose for being on that campus was to stop, or at least try to stop or minimize a shooter.

Scott Beigel, an unarmed teacher, faced off with the shooter and died protecting his kids. This officer is a coward and a piece of shit. I hate that he gets to "retire" and keep his fucking pension.
People do what they are trained to do, not what they are expected to do.
I'll bet this guy got very little training, that's a lot of money and why waste it on a "school resource officer".
There were other officers there with him outside the building, I'm guessing they had little or no training in active shooter scenarios, that's why they waited outside.
Thanks from skews13
goober is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:53 PM   #25
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Trump haters are the cause of these mass shootings.. they have left our children defenseless

\ at least TRUMP HAS THE C.O.JONES Clinton and Obama did not have to do Something. Obama and Clinton were AWOL on school safety..

Poor Trump haters all they have is hate hate hate.. no god, No love of children .

all you want to have is dead children so you can have bloody shirts to wave.

We know that armed Teaches DO stop shootings.... Too Bad the LWNC Trump haters have nothing but hate of Trump and the Hate of Children.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 03:35 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NM
Posts: 1,845
Multiple sworn & armed police were standing by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Trump haters are the cause of these mass shootings.. they have left our children defenseless

...
In the most recent case in FL, there was apparently an armed deputy, a school resource officer, standing by outside but who never entered the building. If CNN can be believed, there were a further three armed police officers who also failed to enter the building & take control of the situation.

Now, I feel for these police - it was a nasty situation. But surely they could have put together an assault plan of their own on the fly & simultaneously entered the building from separated points. They don't train for this kind of situation? I hope to see more detail on why they failed to assault the building & confront the shooter.
hoosier88 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:20 PM   #27
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Trump haters are the cause of these mass shootings.. they have left our children defenseless

\ at least TRUMP HAS THE C.O.JONES Clinton and Obama did not have to do Something. Obama and Clinton were AWOL on school safety..

Poor Trump haters all they have is hate hate hate.. no god, No love of children .

all you want to have is dead children so you can have bloody shirts to wave.

We know that armed Teaches DO stop shootings.... Too Bad the LWNC Trump haters have nothing but hate of Trump and the Hate of Children.
This is 100% total and complete bullshit.

Grow the fuck up, for real.
Thanks from Camelot and Clara007
Lyzza is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:45 PM   #28
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
You don't know what you are going to do until you are in that situation. Nobody does. When you here an assault rifle steadily being fired, you'll be surprised what even the bravest person will do. I'm going to take the teacher and students word on this one. Unless someone can show me a timeline where the officer had a chance to get an angle of fire that he didn't end up a victim himself, and now the shooter has a rifle and a pistol to shoot even more people, i'm not inclined right now to pass that judgement. There's to much emotion right now. The truth will eventually come out and i'll reserve my judgement for then.
Idk, and i dont think i am too emotional on this either. I just seriously cant wrap my head around the fact that this guy and now i guess 3 other armed police officers were just hiding outside while children were being massacred.

Their whole purpose is to protect people! Especially children! omfg

No way. I can't withhold judgement on that. The very thought makes me want to vomit.
Lyzza is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 05:09 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Idk, and i dont think i am too emotional on this either. I just seriously cant wrap my head around the fact that this guy and now i guess 3 other armed police officers were just hiding outside while children were being massacred.

Their whole purpose is to protect people! Especially children! omfg

No way. I can't withhold judgement on that. The very thought makes me want to vomit.
Remember that the next time a policeman is accused of racial bias or profiling when stopping someone.
Marcus Livius is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:18 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Trump haters are the cause of these mass shootings.. they have left our children defenseless

\ at least TRUMP HAS THE C.O.JONES Clinton and Obama did not have to do Something. Obama and Clinton were AWOL on school safety..

Poor Trump haters all they have is hate hate hate.. no god, No love of children .

all you want to have is dead children so you can have bloody shirts to wave.

We know that armed Teaches DO stop shootings.... Too Bad the LWNC Trump haters have nothing but hate of Trump and the Hate of Children.
Nominated for stupidest post of the year!
Thanks from Camelot and Lyzza
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
bone, cadet, call, coward, douglas, gall, high, officer, outgunned, spurs



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bone Spur Boot Camp ... CowtownClown Political Humor 11 October 27th, 2017 10:25 AM
Southern to the bone urbrother Americas 20 December 30th, 2016 03:52 PM
St. Louis Officer Charged for Being High on Cocaine While He Shot a Man in the Back LongWinded Current Events 1 May 12th, 2015 01:32 PM
Obama election spurs race crimes around country Catus Felidae Politicians 7 November 17th, 2008 01:24 PM
Obama's presence spurs the manufacturing sector...NOT!!! fxashun Politicians 3 July 8th, 2008 05:29 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.