Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree75Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:25 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Idk, and i dont think i am too emotional on this either. I just seriously cant wrap my head around the fact that this guy and now i guess 3 other armed police officers were just hiding outside while children were being massacred.

Their whole purpose is to protect people! Especially children! omfg

No way. I can't withhold judgement on that. The very thought makes me want to vomit.
You are expecting these guys who have a training budget that barely covers coffee and donuts to act like a Navy SEAL team, where the cost of training each individual is probably equal to the training budget of the entire Broward County Sheriff's Department.
I won't put that on those men.
You get what you pay for, and we don't pay much for school security.
goober is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 01:38 AM   #32
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Yes Presidents tweedle Apathy Clinton, and Do nothing Obama, did so much to prevent school shootings.

Clinton gave us an assault weapons BAN yes a BAN what happens there was the Hollywood Shoot out (assault Weapons real assault weapons full automaitic) and Columbine. What did Clinton do NOTHING.. What did Obama Do after Sandy hook.. NOTHING.

So Goober Stop your Bitching THAT Trump is cleaning up another MESS left by Obama..
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 02:06 AM   #33
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Livius View Post
Remember that the next time a policeman is accused of racial bias or profiling when stopping someone.
Wait, what?
Lyzza is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 03:35 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Idk, and i dont think i am too emotional on this either. I just seriously cant wrap my head around the fact that this guy and now i guess 3 other armed police officers were just hiding outside while children were being massacred.

Their whole purpose is to protect people! Especially children! omfg

No way. I can't withhold judgement on that. The very thought makes me want to vomit.
I am for the restriction of the easy availability of assault style weapons. I am for the immediate training of a security officer with a tactical shotgun to be posted at our schools. Preferrably one with military tactical combat skills, which could easily and cheaply be trained for the purpose. There are plenty of ex military from Iraq and Afghanistan that can be deployed immediately. We have to then continue with making school buildings more secure.

We need an all of the above approach.

But those particular officers can't be given to much blame, more than society as a whole for creating the illusion of security, rather than actual security. If schools actually had security officers with real training to protect them from being shot, more than they did wannabe's looking to arrest them for smoking pot, or a cigarette, or drinking a beer, and playing the just say no, nanny state roll, we wouldn't be where we are today.
skews13 is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 03:40 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
This is 100% total and complete bullshit.

Grow the fuck up, for real.


AND there it is....the strategy from the Right (WRONG)!! Blame everyone else. Bring up ancient history. Point to people who are NOT the sitting president.
Spray and pray that the rest of the sheep will follow suit....and they do.

Then begin blaming the victims, the teachers, the staff?? These articulate kids (survivors) are now the target. Have you noticed? Because they are speaking out--because they are "disloyal" to the GOP/president---their families are receiving death threats, making America GREAT AGAIN and again.

The stupidity of Team Trump is astonishing.
Thanks from Camelot and Lyzza
Clara007 is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 04:04 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
AND there it is....the strategy from the Right (WRONG)!! Blame everyone else. Bring up ancient history. Point to people who are NOT the sitting president.
Spray and pray that the rest of the sheep will follow suit....and they do.

Then begin blaming the victims, the teachers, the staff?? These articulate kids (survivors) are now the target. Have you noticed? Because they are speaking out--because they are "disloyal" to the GOP/president---their families are receiving death threats, making America GREAT AGAIN and again.

The stupidity of Team Trump is astonishing.
Arm the teachers with AK-47's. If a teacher drops it in the mud the AK-47 still works.
Thanks from Clara007
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 04:24 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Yes Presidents tweedle Apathy Clinton, and Do nothing Obama, did so much to prevent school shootings.

Clinton gave us an assault weapons BAN yes a BAN what happens there was the Hollywood Shoot out (assault Weapons real assault weapons full automaitic) and Columbine. What did Clinton do NOTHING.. What did Obama Do after Sandy hook.. NOTHING.

So Goober Stop your Bitching THAT Trump is cleaning up another MESS left by Obama..
You're right, Obama should have outlawed semiautomatic weapons and done a mandatory buyback, you have one year to turn in weapons for $100/ea, after that, possession of a semiautomatic weapon is a mandatory year in prison no parole, no suspended sentence.

Thank God Trump will get that done, Right Tennessee ?
Thanks from Lyzza and Clara007
goober is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 04:45 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,131
Bottom line is that there were 4 good guys with guns on the scene, and 17 people died.

And who thinks a teacher who has a gun that he gets an extra $500/year to bring to school is going to make a difference?

No matter how many billions you spend on "making schools safe", you have to put it all in place in 125,000 schools, and then the shooter can scope it out, and plan accordingly.
You have a trained armed guard at the school, then that's the first guy that gets taken out.
Or the shooter gets someone to pull a fire alarm, and waits in a sniper nest til the kids are in lines outside.
What has worked is removing semi automatic weapons. It's what will work here. We're just going to have to put up with the carnage, until the political pressure becomes to great to ignore.
Thanks from Lyzza and Clara007
goober is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 05:01 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Bottom line is that there were 4 good guys with guns on the scene, and 17 people died.

And who thinks a teacher who has a gun that he gets an extra $500/year to bring to school is going to make a difference?

No matter how many billions you spend on "making schools safe", you have to put it all in place in 125,000 schools, and then the shooter can scope it out, and plan accordingly.
You have a trained armed guard at the school, then that's the first guy that gets taken out.
Or the shooter gets someone to pull a fire alarm, and waits in a sniper nest til the kids are in lines outside.
What has worked is removing semi automatic weapons. It's what will work here. We're just going to have to put up with the carnage, until the political pressure becomes to great to ignore.
I suggest using a 155 beehive round to take out a sniper. I pity the poor tree.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old February 24th, 2018, 06:45 AM   #40
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
I suggest using a 155 beehive round to take out a sniper. I pity the poor tree.
I like what the Marines did on Guadicanal to take out snipers

105 howitzer. in direct fire.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
bone, cadet, call, coward, douglas, gall, high, officer, outgunned, spurs



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bone Spur Boot Camp ... CowtownClown Political Humor 11 October 27th, 2017 10:25 AM
Southern to the bone urbrother Americas 20 December 30th, 2016 03:52 PM
St. Louis Officer Charged for Being High on Cocaine While He Shot a Man in the Back LongWinded Current Events 1 May 12th, 2015 01:32 PM
Obama election spurs race crimes around country Catus Felidae Politicians 7 November 17th, 2008 01:24 PM
Obama's presence spurs the manufacturing sector...NOT!!! fxashun Politicians 3 July 8th, 2008 05:29 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.