Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree75Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:12 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,331
Cadet Bone Spurs Had The Gall To Call Outgunned Douglas High Officer A Coward

That's rich coming from the draft-dodger who got five deferments for his "bone spurs" rather than serve in the military in Vietnam, who in 1997 told radio shock-jock Howard Stern that sleeping around and not getting a sexually transmitted disease was his "personal Vietnam."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ficer-a-coward
skews13 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,275
But the Trump sychophants will still cheer him on!
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:04 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
I'd be surprised if DJ has one act of courage in his life's story.
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'd be surprised if DJ has one act of courage in his life's story.
Listened to an interview with a teacher and student who commented on the subject today. They both were in agreement the officer could not have acted in time, because by the time he arrived the shooter was already on the third floor, and had committed most of the killings by then.

In my own opinion, the officer being armed with only a hand gun, would have had to taken the time to make some strategic calculations, as quickly as it would have been necessary, to get into position to take an effective shot. It would have been a fruitless encounter to just run into fire, just becoming another victim, and quite possibly emboldening the shooter.

Anyone not trained in combat should consider the following before passing judgement: A shooter is armed with an assault rifle with high capacity ammunition capability. The ammunition has an effective velocity of 3250 feet per second.

You are armed with a handgun with an ammunition capacity half that, and has an effective velocity of 1125 feet per second.

The shooter is in a building, you are outside around the corner of the building. You do not know exactly where the shooter is.

The shooter is moving while shooting at the same time.

You don't know if it's one shooter or multiple shooters.

The building ls full of innocent civilians being shot.

You have to act, but do so in a way that actually gives you some chance of getting an effective shot at the shooter, even if you take a shot from the shooter.

You have seconds to act.

Go!
skews13 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:37 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Listened to an interview with a teacher and student who commented on the subject today. They both were in agreement the officer could not have acted in time, because by the time he arrived the shooter was already on the third floor, and had committed most of the killings by then.

In my own opinion, the officer being armed with only a hand gun, would have had to taken the time to make some strategic calculations, as quickly as it would have been necessary, to get into position to take an effective shot. It would have been a fruitless encounter to just run into fire, just becoming another victim, and quite possibly emboldening the shooter.

Anyone not trained in combat should consider the following before passing judgement: A shooter is armed with an assault rifle with high capacity ammunition capability. The ammunition has an effective velocity of 3250 feet per second.

You are armed with a handgun with an ammunition capacity half that, and has an effective velocity of 1125 feet per second.

The shooter is in a building, you are outside around the corner of the building. You do not know exactly where the shooter is.

The shooter is moving while shooting at the same time.

You don't know if it's one shooter or multiple shooters.

The building ls full of innocent civilians being shot.

You have to act, but do so in a way that actually gives you some chance of getting an effective shot at the shooter, even if you take a shot from the shooter.

You have seconds to act.

Go!
Is this suppose to be some kind of justification for not reacting?
Thanks from Jimgorn
caconservative is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:51 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,530
Is this about Trump or about the officer's lack of reaction? The dailykos will look for any excuse to attack Trump no matter how detached the issue they want to push is. Build a false narrative and then promote it as news. That is why no reasonable person gives the dailykos a second thought. What Trump's military record is, has no bearing on the lack of reaction this officer clearly demonstrated. The dailykos's connection is laughable.
Thanks from Jimgorn
caconservative is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:01 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Is this about Trump or about the officer's lack of reaction? The dailykos will look for any excuse to attack Trump no matter how detached the issue they want to push is. Build a false narrative and then promote it as news. That is why no reasonable person gives the dailykos a second thought. What Trump's military record is, has no bearing on the lack of reaction this officer clearly demonstrated. The dailykos's connection is laughable.
This is about Trump and his idiotic comments (but honestly are there any other kind of Trump comment?) about the deputy.
Thanks from Lyzza and Clara007
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:02 AM   #8
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,491
Don the Con would never go after an AR-15 toting fool. Cowards run in the other direction. Grabbing a woman by the p***y is more his speed. Sexually transmitted diseases in the 80’s was his personal Viet Nam. He is every bit the coward that his followers are.
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:08 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
This is about Trump and his idiotic comments (but honestly are there any other kind of Trump comment?) about the deputy.
Seems Trump's reaction is mirrored by law enforcement. The officer has tendered his resignation. But, lets not concentrate on what is, lets concentrate on a nonrelated issue. Is that what you and the dailykos want?
Thanks from Jimgorn
caconservative is offline  
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:12 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Don the Con would never go after an AR-15 toting fool. Cowards run in the other direction. Grabbing a woman by the p***y is more his speed. Sexually transmitted diseases in the 80ís was his personal Viet Nam. He is every bit the coward that his followers are.
And this diatribe is related to the issue of an officer not reacting is...what? All I'm reading is sever TDS.
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
bone, cadet, call, coward, douglas, gall, high, officer, outgunned, spurs



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bone Spur Boot Camp ... CowtownClown Political Humor 11 October 27th, 2017 10:25 AM
Southern to the bone urbrother Americas 20 December 30th, 2016 03:52 PM
St. Louis Officer Charged for Being High on Cocaine While He Shot a Man in the Back LongWinded Current Events 1 May 12th, 2015 01:32 PM
Obama election spurs race crimes around country Catus Felidae Politicians 7 November 17th, 2008 01:24 PM
Obama's presence spurs the manufacturing sector...NOT!!! fxashun Politicians 3 July 8th, 2008 05:29 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.