Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree49Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2018, 03:12 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
This is a technical solution, rather than something political that can be ignored by those who don't care what the laws are.

Yes - a technical solution would be not not manufacture guns that have automatic firing abilities.

(I don't give a fuck what the reasons are - technical or legal - as long as the goddamned guns are done away with)
tristanrobin is online now  
Old March 13th, 2018, 03:17 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
... actually, my iPhone will not allow me to text if the car is in motion.


YEP--MY APP is on while I'm driving. NO calls. No texts....just as everyone's SHOULD BE--especially teens.

Last edited by Clara007; March 13th, 2018 at 03:19 PM.
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 13th, 2018, 03:41 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Are phones designed to protect you and your family?

When seconds count the police are minutes away.
Actually firearms are designed to kill humans and animals. You think a fucking firearm knows, or cares, whether it's being used to protect children or murder them wholesale?
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 13th, 2018, 04:02 PM   #14
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Do phones have absolutely any other purpose than to text upon while driving?
My entire infotainment system in my car is run by a cellphone along w/ my gauges, spedo, gps and radar detector.
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 13th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #15
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Yes - a technical solution would be not not manufacture guns that have automatic firing abilities.

(I don't give a fuck what the reasons are - technical or legal - as long as the goddamned guns are done away with)
That is nice.

You do realize that you are posting in a thread about cellphones, right?
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 13th, 2018, 04:30 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
My entire infotainment system in my car is run by a cellphone along w/ my gauges, spedo, gps and radar detector.


That is nice. You do realize you are posting in a thread about teen drivers, right?
Thanks from Camelot
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 13th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #17
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
That is nice. You do realize you are posting in a thread about teen drivers, right?
You really know how to hammer down a point there Clara. Congrats.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old March 13th, 2018, 05:34 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,323
Use of cell phones, alcohol, drugs, speeding all take their toll in car accidents. They don't happen involving a large group of people...normally. They do not hit the news nationwide. Emotions run high after such as the school shooting in Florida... all people wish it could have been stopped , are saddened to see about it holding deep sympathy for the families affected. Some act out their anger and sadness by attacking the easy target...guns. Some constant anti gun enthusiasts use it to promote their call for more and more gun "laws". They are the ones "using" such incidents to promote their own agendas.
goodpen is offline  
Old March 13th, 2018, 06:35 PM   #19
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpen View Post
Use of cell phones, alcohol, drugs, speeding all take their toll in car accidents. They don't happen involving a large group of people...normally. They do not hit the news nationwide. Emotions run high after such as the school shooting in Florida... all people wish it could have been stopped , are saddened to see about it holding deep sympathy for the families affected. Some act out their anger and sadness by attacking the easy target...guns. Some constant anti gun enthusiasts use it to promote their call for more and more gun "laws". They are the ones "using" such incidents to promote their own agendas.
When a high velocity round enters a body it tumbles destroying multiple organs entirely. That is what happened to these children in Florida. The surgeons in Florida claimed that they had never encountered such tissue and organ destruction in private practice before. If you cannot get emotional about that, then you are not a part of the human race.
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old March 13th, 2018, 06:48 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,323
Well big mouth, you think I don't know what various weapons can do...you are badly mistaken. Having such knowledge does not equate to a persons opinions...about anything.
goodpen is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
attention, deaths, pay, teen



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you been paying attention to how goodpen Current Events 2 December 21st, 2016 02:44 AM
They Just Don't Pay Attention indago Political Talk 0 January 14th, 2008 05:32 PM
Attention: WE MUST BAN COWS!!! Jefferson Environment 28 February 25th, 2007 01:42 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.