Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree33Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2018, 01:37 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Nether you pr Lyzza denying makes it false.. kind of a Catch 22 argument you opened

One of us is right.. Either I am and I gain Eternal life if I am wrong I lose nothing.

You and Lyzza on the other hand?
Better known as Pascalís wager.

It fails on two counts.

1. That argument can be made for ANY belief. Better to believe in Allah because you get 70 virgins if you do and you loose nothing if you donít

2. It fails to take into account what you loose in THIS life if youíre too concerned about the next life.
Thanks from Lyzza
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2018, 05:23 PM   #42
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Nether you pr Lyzza denying makes it false.. kind of a Catch 22 argument you opened

One of us is right.. Either I am and I gain Eternal life if I am wrong I lose nothing.

You and Lyzza on the other hand?
my soul is doing just fine. spend more time worrying about your own, and less about others. then we will all be ok.......

seriously, it isnt hard.
Lyzza is offline  
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:22 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 2,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
Actually I am fine, and you made my point for me why are homosexuals demanding movie makers include homosexuals in movies let Movie makers do what they want.

It is not like they are a huge part of the populace.
If you claim to be a Christian and go on as you do, you are very, very far from fine. You are so bloody perfect you'd better put in for God - though Satan would be more your self-righteous mark!
Thanks from RNG
iolo is offline  
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:27 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Uh, that's nice.
The question was not directed at you.
Cool, remember that when butting into others conversations here, I will!
Braveheart is offline  
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:30 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
WTF does believing in God have to do with Christianity exclusively?
Do you not understand that Jews and Muslims are also monotheistic and that other religions also believe in a supreme being?

Is your statement an clumsy way of trying to claim that ONLY Christians "really" believe in God?
Not clumsy, and yes there is one God! My supreme being rose from the grave, and defeated death, others not so much, that is my belief if you don't like it, oh well.
Braveheart is offline  
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:31 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
If you claim to be a Christian and go on as you do, you are very, very far from fine. You are so bloody perfect you'd better put in for God - though Satan would be more your self-righteous mark!
All this post shows is you argue from a position of weakness, and are trying to guide the conversation toward me.
Braveheart is offline  
Old April 13th, 2018, 03:45 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 2,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
All this post shows is you argue from a position of weakness, and are trying to guide the conversation toward me.
You know where the conversation leads. The great trick is to dodge off into denouncing others, all day and every day, and NEVER, Ever take a good look at yourself.
Thanks from Lyzza
iolo is offline  
Old April 13th, 2018, 06:44 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
Not clumsy, and yes there is one God! My supreme being rose from the grave, and defeated death, others not so much, that is my belief if you don't like it, oh well.
My God, but you people are dense.
I guess it's true that there is simply no fanatic like a religious one.

Indeed, there is only one overall creative force of the universe. However mankind, being the creature he is, has developed over the centuries many diverse ways to worship that entity, try to understand and explain it. They call them religion. And guess what? EVERYBODY thinks THEIR religion is the RIGHT one. THEIR concept and understanding of "God" is the correct one. *shrug*

Here's the problem, man is something very limited and very finite trying to understand and explain something unlimited and infinite.
Hollywood is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
conform



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conform Or Else Tony Perkins Current Events 0 February 4th, 2012 07:25 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.