Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2018, 04:30 PM   #11
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
TNV doesn't mathematic very well.
no no no, he is an expert scientist, college grad, ninja gunslinger

i am sure he can back up his claims with some bullshit some random person posted online in like 2001, not peer-reviewed and no references of course
Lyzza is offline  
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:50 PM   #12
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 35,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
So the price of crude going from $50/barrel to $71/barrel has nothing to do with it?
Where the hell did I say that.. You just proved you are not a goober you a Goober Pyle.

The Oil Companies make about $0.25,and the station that sells the gas makes about 0.18 off a gallon of Gas.. (no matter the price of crude oil).. the GOVERNMENT MAKES on average 0.50/gallon of gas.

Remember the Government has not spent one penny exploring, Drilling Refining or transport the fuel...

so if you are going to say stupid stuff like that you might as well Turn out the lights you just proved you aer the dimmest bulb in the Closed Refrigerator.
Thanks from Sabcat
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:58 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Bubba, it is not the oil companies, states have raised their Gas Taxes, They did it because gas was cheap.. and thought no one would notice.



Since 2013, 26 states and the District of Columbia have enacted legislation that will increase or may increase overall state gas taxes. In 2017, seven states
California, Indiana, Montana, South Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee and West Virginia—have passed legislation to increase fuel taxes


and Bubba you live in one of the states that passed a tax increase in 2016, that went into effect in 2017...

You guys wanted High Gas Taxes to "stop Global Warming" remember



http://www.ncsl.org/research/transpo...gas-taxes.aspx


IT IS THE DAMN GOVERNMENT THAT IS GOUGING YOU.. NOT BIG OIL...
Meh, gas should never be more than a buck a gallon...NEVER When it's over a buck we're getting f**&ed. End of story.
Kate is offline  
Old May 15th, 2018, 08:09 PM   #14
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 35,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Meh, gas should never be more than a buck a gallon...NEVER When it's over a buck we're getting f**&ed. End of story.
Lets see Gas in TN is 2.40/gall buy the time you take out the taxes it is ~1.80/gallon


Oil companies are not gouging you Government is.

I remember Gomer Pyle episode "Man in a Hurry"

Everything changes except Gas is always 23 Cents a gallon and Air is free.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Lets see Gas in TN is 2.40/gall buy the time you take out the taxes it is ~1.80/gallon


Oil companies are not gouging you Government is.

I remember Gomer Pyle episode "Man in a Hurry"

Everything changes except Gas is always 23 Cents a gallon and Air is free.
That doesn't change what i said. Gov. makes millions and Arabia or wherever the hell, they make billions. 300 million folks here, half a billion in Europe, China? India? How many gallons a day?! Should never be more than a buck.
Kate is offline  
Old May 15th, 2018, 09:01 PM   #16
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 35,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
That doesn't change what i said. Gov. makes millions and Arabia or wherever the hell, they make billions. 300 million folks here, half a billion in Europe, China? India? How many gallons a day?! Should never be more than a buck.
If it cost more than a buck to process.. Oil companies make about 25 cents a gallon.. the profit margin for oil companies is ~4--5 cents on the dollar invested.

Government makes 50 cents a gallon and does not have a penny invested.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 18th, 2018, 10:01 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Bubba, it is not the oil companies, states have raised their Gas Taxes, They did it because gas was cheap.. and thought no one would notice.



Since 2013, 26 states and the District of Columbia have enacted legislation that will increase or may increase overall state gas taxes. In 2017, seven states
California, Indiana, Montana, South Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee and West Virginia—have passed legislation to increase fuel taxes


and Bubba you live in one of the states that passed a tax increase in 2016, that went into effect in 2017...

You guys wanted High Gas Taxes to "stop Global Warming" remember



http://www.ncsl.org/research/transpo...gas-taxes.aspx


IT IS THE DAMN GOVERNMENT THAT IS GOUGING YOU.. NOT BIG OIL...
And there ya go LYING AGAIN !!!! Twisting things around.

This time last year YOU KNOW 2017, AFTER THE NEW TAXES HAD BEEN APPLIED, gas was still just over $2 a gallon. Changes in taxes over the last 4 years HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT, GAS JUMPED 10 CENTS THE DAY AFTER TRUMP RENEGED ON THE IRAN DEAL and has risen another 10 cents or more since then.

And personally, since I drive an average of 40,000 miles a year I LIKE HAVING SMOOTH, WELL MARKED AND WELL MAINTAINED ROADS TO DRIVE ON. Gas taxes are how we pay for that. But again taxes don't explain the 80 cents a gallon increase in gas prices.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old May 18th, 2018, 11:56 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And there ya go LYING AGAIN !!!! Twisting things around.

This time last year YOU KNOW 2017, AFTER THE NEW TAXES HAD BEEN APPLIED, gas was still just over $2 a gallon. Changes in taxes over the last 4 years HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT, GAS JUMPED 10 CENTS THE DAY AFTER TRUMP RENEGED ON THE IRAN DEAL and has risen another 10 cents or more since then.

And personally, since I drive an average of 40,000 miles a year I LIKE HAVING SMOOTH, WELL MARKED AND WELL MAINTAINED ROADS TO DRIVE ON. Gas taxes are how we pay for that. But again taxes don't explain the 80 cents a gallon increase in gas prices.
It depends on what state you live in. Some states, such as California do apply a sales tax per price and not gallon.
guy39 is offline  
Old May 18th, 2018, 12:00 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hotel
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Meh, gas should never be more than a buck a gallon...NEVER When it's over a buck we're getting f**&ed. End of story.

I understand gas is cheap in Venezuela.
Spumante is offline  
Old May 18th, 2018, 12:57 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
It depends on what state you live in. Some states, such as California do apply a sales tax per price and not gallon.
Really ????? Looks like they tax it by the gallon just like every one else does.

California's gas tax goes up today. Here's what you need to know
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
$270, americans, bad, billion, gift, putin, trump, trumps



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump Voters Think African Americans Are Much Less Deserving Than ‘Average Americans’ tristanrobin Current Events 73 December 30th, 2016 02:36 PM
Trump Might Meet With Putin Before Inauguration - Putin warns Americans imaginethat Americas 10 October 18th, 2016 07:46 PM
Putin ally tells Americans: Vote Trump or face nuclear war imaginethat Current Events 78 October 14th, 2016 10:55 AM
Trump's Gift to LA RNG Americas 6 August 23rd, 2016 01:47 PM
Very interesting Trump / Putin web GhostRider Americas 1 August 17th, 2016 07:51 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.