Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:39 AM   #21
Quid est veritas?
 
Peter the Roman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: The heart of darkness
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
One at a time, start!
Respond to it in its entirety, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”


You know the Christianphobes in this forum and elsewhere heads would explode if a teacher forced students to write and repeat this.
Preposterous. Why should I ask for a foreign God for forgiveness? Why should I prostrate before the divine? Instead, I should stand on my two feet and accept the challenge presented towards me. If there is a divine, it does not ask for meekness. It asks for strength.
Peter the Roman is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:43 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
Not once did anyone say any of that, it is appalling that they can teach the tenets of islam, even have them right out a statement like the one required here, if one teacher asked a student to right out anything remotely close to that from the Bible, there would be hell to pay. Equal treatment for all or leave it out of the curriculum.
Why are you people always whining about things you THINK MIGHT happen under a certain set of circumstances???
And why should we here in the U.S. give the slightest shit about your description of the possible consequences of the kids writing out this "profession of faith?"
Thanks from Lyzza and Clara007
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:44 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
It is a Prayer where you accept Christ into your heart, make him savior of your life, and accept the payment made on your behalf on the cross. Repentance in a nutshell
Damn!!! Donald Trump is SO fucked!!!
Thanks from Lyzza and Clara007
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:46 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Once again the HORRIFIC HEADLINES followed by an article that doesn't live up to the headlines.
Quote:
Penkoski doesn’t buy the school’s explanation that it was not required homework, and said that the school had previously assigned similar projects concerning Christianity and Judaism — both projects, he said, were compulsory.

So he's perfectly FINE with the school assigning projects on Judaism and Christianity ?????

TYPICAL HYPOCRITE FRIGHT WING SNOW FLAKE !!!!

Quote:
“They are reading through the packet as part of the study. The teacher has told her class several times that this is a study of world religions and that she is not trying to advocate for any religion over another,” Branch concluded. “She has told her class that if they had questions about religious beliefs, that those conversations should take place with their parents.
Thanks from Camelot, Hollywood and Lyzza
BubbaJones is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:48 AM   #25
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Once again the HORRIFIC HEADLINES followed by an article that doesn't live up to the headlines.



So he's perfectly FINE with the school assigning projects on Judaism and Christianity ?????

TYPICAL HYPOCRITE FRIGHT WING SNOW FLAKE !!!!
Yes it is fine for them to make assignments for Islam... too.

THIS WAS FORCING THEM TO WRITE A PROFESSION OF FAITH.

As I said what if the next step was to write and repeat the sinners prayer?

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

would that be acceptable to you? because this is what the teacher did she forced them to writer the Islamic profession of faith the same profession that ISIS forces people to make or they will be beheaded
once again your reading comprehension is lacking .
Thanks from Braveheart

Last edited by TNVolunteer73; May 17th, 2018 at 10:50 AM.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:52 AM   #26
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Roman View Post
Respond to it in its entirety, please.

Preposterous. Why should I ask for a foreign God for forgiveness? Why should I prostrate before the divine? Instead, I should stand on my two feet and accept the challenge presented towards me. If there is a divine, it does not ask for meekness. It asks for strength.
That is what this teacher did, except it was the Islamic profession of faith.

I would NEVER force you to write the Sinners prayer nor any other student.

Are you okay with this teacher forcing children to write sign and recite the Islamic profession of faith?
Thanks from Braveheart
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:59 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Yes it is fine for them to make assignments for Islam... too.

THIS WAS FORCING THEM TO WRITE A PROFESSION OF FAITH.

once again your reading comprehension is lacking .
And you KNOW for an absolute certain FACT that the other assignments for Judaism and Christianity DID NOT CONTAIN SIMILAR STATEMENTS ????
Thanks from Lyzza
BubbaJones is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 11:11 AM   #28
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And you KNOW for an absolute certain FACT that the other assignments for Judaism and Christianity DID NOT CONTAIN SIMILAR STATEMENTS ????
Then prove they do.. (I cannot prove a negative)

in this case THIS TEACHER FORCED STUDENTS TO MAKE A PROFESSION OF FAITH TO ISLAM. That is and established fact..
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 17th, 2018, 11:18 AM   #29
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”


You know the Christianphobes in this forum and elsewhere heads would explode if a teacher forced students to write and repeat this.

I would be pissed and both my kids go to church.
Sabcat is online now  
Old May 17th, 2018, 11:20 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Then prove they do.. (I cannot prove a negative)

in this case THIS TEACHER FORCED STUDENTS TO MAKE A PROFESSION OF FAITH TO ISLAM. That is and established fact..
I don't have to prove a fucking thing !! YOU'RE the one all bent out of shape when YOU DO NOT KNOW ALL THE FACTS !!!!!

You're ranting on pure assumption and supposition.

So until YOU can say for certain the other assignments did not contain similar statements of faith your argument is baseless.
Thanks from Lyzza and Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
belong, religion, school, thought



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why belong to a church? webguy4 Christianity 155 January 31st, 2015 11:01 AM
The historical Jesus didn't create a new religion! andersbranderud Religion 31 May 20th, 2013 08:33 AM
Religion In School (Again, Sorry) hot dragon Philosophy 393 January 9th, 2013 08:12 AM
Where Is It That I Belong? Ghost Philosophy 16 April 9th, 2012 02:57 PM
I thought students were allowed to pray, at school Preacherman Education 78 March 22nd, 2007 10:16 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.