Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2018, 11:43 PM   #71
PMB
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: US
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
I do believe in separation of church and state, but that is not what is in the US constitution. The ammendment says “Congress shall make no law......”. The ammendment is deliberately specific about restricting one branch out of three at one level of government, federal. This leaves the president free to make thanksgiving day declarations or offer prayers at times of national urgency. It also leaves judges free to consider religious norms that lie behind much of English common law, which is used in American courts.

Some of the original states of the American union had official state churches as long as 100 years after the constitution was ratified.
Which prayers and which religion??
PMB is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:16 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMB View Post
Which prayers and which religion??
Well, there is only one GOD, the GOD of the Bible, so worship him how you see fit. The Only GOD who died for your sins, the GOD of creation, the only GOD still alive.
Braveheart is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:17 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Oh, I'm just using your logic, not mine.You talk of the absolute necessity of a Christian to practice repentance, the act of asking God/Jesus for forgiveness of misdeeds/sins.
Donald trump has publically said that he has asked for forgiveness from no one, not even God. Once again , by your logic, Trump is no Christian and thus is going to hell. Therefore Donald Trump is so fucked.
His faith is personal, but I have heard he has since repented of his sins, will you?
Braveheart is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:19 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
So what? You do not understand what a PERSONAL opinion is? Or that former Presidents also have them and express them PRIVATELY in PRIVATE letters to others?
But separation came from letters like that, since it is not written in the constitution. Time to tear down that wall that doesn't exist!
Braveheart is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:24 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
We share this world with Muslims and we plan wars against them, and it is therefore very important to know something about them. What we have been doing in total ignorance is inexcusable.

I want to take religion in school a step further. Let us begin with the biblical story of creation and the science of how impossible it is to turn mud into a living and breathing human body. Nothing in the universe is made by magic. It is all made in accordance to natural laws, and that knowledge is what got us out of the dark ages, mass ignorance and superstition. It is understanding the laws of nature that has put an end to the evils of famine, plagues, early deaths. Praying to a god has not ended one of those evils. Science has. And we can do even better if we base our culture and laws on the science of humans and animals, instead of on mythology and superstition that leads to the ignorance and prejudice that you demonstrate.
Madam Muslims share nothing they are for total destruction of anything not Muslim.

Of course God ended those "evils", He enabled those very people He created to come up with cures thank you. Science is simply the study of Gods creation. You need to show me examples of my prejudice and ignorance. I do have opinions based on fact, and that may upset you, however the ignorance is on your part and displayed by the names you call why trying to sound educated.
Braveheart is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:28 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Roman View Post
My expectation is an honest assesement of the belief systems, not flim-flam that is afraid to call (most of) these religions what they are: a mind virus.

You worship a false God, a Judaic-spawned Golem meant to ensnare your mind with lies and trickery. Your religion is for slaves, constructed to make men fall to their knees instead of rising to their feet. You mock Muslims without realizing that they profess, inherently, the same singular deity. In fact Muhammad drew upon Judaic and Christian (albeit Arian and Nestorian) texts to craft his system.

You say there is but one God.

I say, as above, so below. The natural order professes the multitude.
It is not the same God in any way, shape, or form, the rest of this is simply your reprobate, mind given over to worldly things and therefore insulting what you do not, or cannot understand, because of your hard heart.
Braveheart is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 03:48 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The assignment - a teacher-led activity - involved writing some religion based declaration of faith, and the fact that it happened to be in calligraphy is irrelevant to the point of contention. This means that you agree that this assignment should not have been issued; am I wrong?


Teacher-led activities are NOT THE SAME thing as teacher-led instruction of identified, required curriculum. IF World Religions is a required course (part of the school curriculum) or even an elective course then obviously it is TAUGHT by a highly qualified/certified instructor.

I have already stated that I think teaching World Religions is a great idea so yes--you are wrong. An overview of various religions and cultures is important because of religion's role in our society. Our children need to understand our diverse culture and have respect for different beliefs without indoctrination.
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 04:46 AM   #78
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
But separation came from letters like that, since it is not written in the constitution. Time to tear down that wall that doesn't exist!
Another personal opinion. Another opinion is that is derives from the 1st Amendment. *shrug*
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 06:18 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Another personal opinion. Another opinion is that is derives from the 1st Amendment. *shrug*
Show me how you get that, and you get a lollypop! It is not to be found in the first, and you know it, game, set, match, Braveheart.
Braveheart is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2018, 06:19 AM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Teacher-led activities are NOT THE SAME thing as teacher-led instruction of identified, required curriculum. IF World Religions is a required course (part of the school curriculum) or even an elective course then obviously it is TAUGHT by a highly qualified/certified instructor.

I have already stated that I think teaching World Religions is a great idea so yes--you are wrong. An overview of various religions and cultures is important because of religion's role in our society. Our children need to understand our diverse culture and have respect for different beliefs without indoctrination.
Cool overview it, do not require they swear any oaths to false gods.
Braveheart is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
belong, religion, school, thought



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why belong to a church? webguy4 Christianity 155 January 31st, 2015 11:01 AM
The historical Jesus didn't create a new religion! andersbranderud Religion 31 May 20th, 2013 08:33 AM
Religion In School (Again, Sorry) hot dragon Philosophy 393 January 9th, 2013 08:12 AM
Where Is It That I Belong? Ghost Philosophy 16 April 9th, 2012 02:57 PM
I thought students were allowed to pray, at school Preacherman Education 78 March 22nd, 2007 10:16 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.