Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,105
Gay Iranian teen loses asylum bid

Gay Iranian Teen Loses Asylum Bid - AOL News



I would think both the Natherlands and Britain should do the human thing and allow this young to stay in Britain or the Netherlands.
highway80west is offline  
Old March 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #2
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
I think so too. BUT. With 80 countries having anti homosexuality laws, would they just be opening themselves up to a mass influx of gay [insert nationality here] people? You have to think beyond your heart and make decisions based on realistic considerations.
fxashun is offline  
Old March 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway80west
Gay Iranian Teen Loses Asylum Bid - AOL News



I would think both the Natherlands and Britain should do the human thing and allow this young to stay in Britain or the Netherlands.




When it comes to refugees seeking political asylum Britain is one of the most hospitable countries in the world, too much so in the eyes of many Brits.



But homosexual asylum? That's a whole different ball game.



I think he should apply to New Haven, CT.
garysher is offline  
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
When it comes to refugees seeking political asylum Britain is one of the most hospitable countries in the world, too much so in the eyes of many Brits.



But homosexual asylum? That's a whole different ball game.



I think he should apply to New Haven, CT.


You say homosexual asylum??? What differences does it make if it is a gay person or some person of another color? Do you hate the gays and lesbians that much??



That would be like the USA sending a Chinese person back to China because China wanted that person because that person was among the protestors at Tiananmen Square.



Tell me you're not all for sending this teenager to certain death in Iran.
highway80west is offline  
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
OnTheLeft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway80west
You say homosexual asylum??? What differences does it make if it is a gay person or some person of another color? Do you hate the gays and lesbians that much??
Yes, he does.



I hope some country that believes in equality and fairness allows this young man to come live in their country. You mentioned the Netherlands earlier. Canada would be a good choice, too.....although it's mighty cold up that way.
OnTheLeft is offline  
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #6
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway80west
You say homosexual asylum??? What differences does it make if it is a gay person or some person of another color?



Because that's allegedly the reason he had to leave Iran.









Do you hate the gays and lesbians that much??



That would be like the USA sending a Chinese person back to China because China wanted that person because that person was among the protestors at Tiananmen Square.



Not really. That would be a legitimate reason to offer political asylum.







Tell me you're not all for sending this teenager to certain death in Iran.


I'm not all for that. Maybe he can come to the US and stay in your spare room?

garysher is offline  
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #7
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
I'm not all for that. Maybe he can come to the US and stay in your spare room?


Yeah, he left Iran to see asylum because is gay, and Iran would execute him. He didn't leave Iran to seek "gay" asylum, which is how you worded it in your own way. You're not comparing "gay" asylum with "political asylum", are you? Whoever heard the term "gay" asylum? It can only come from you.



Rather he should stay in your room instead.
highway80west is offline  
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #8
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
How is it not "gay asylum"? That's what he is seeking asylum for isn't it? Maybe I should seek "speeding asylum" in Germany for the unfair speed limits enforced in this country. Or maybe a person in a country that outlaws bestiality should seek, "zoophile asylum" in the Netherlands. Whatever.
fxashun is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
asylum, bid, gay, iranian, loses, teen



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gay Saudi diplomat seeking asylum in L.A. garysher Middle East 1 December 18th, 2010 07:11 PM
Inmates Run The Asylum leighredf Money and Finance 18 March 11th, 2010 05:49 PM
Clean Out The Congressional Asylum The Bare Knuckled Pundit Politicians 1 June 15th, 2008 07:56 PM
Iranian McCarthyism... tadpole256 Political Talk 4 June 14th, 2008 09:25 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.